Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rizzo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
GRE: 144 verbal. 147 quanitative. 3.0 writing
GPA: Cumulative 3.15 , Pre-req 2.98 by PTCAS, Pre-req 3.15 calculated
Extracurricular: Sorority, School ambassador, INShape, Wellness Coach, Dance Marathon Committee, Pre-PT Club, Group Fitness Instructor, Volunteer at a couple different places

Applied to: IUPUI, UINDY, ISU, Grand Valley State, Ohio University, Central Michigan, Evansville, Oakland University

Denied acceptance: IUPUI

Haven't heard back yet from the others.

Does anyone have recommendations on which schools to apply to or any ideas on the likelihood of being accepted into the schools I have already applied to?

Members don't see this ad.

GRE: 144 verbal. 147 quanitative. 3.0 writing
GPA: Cumulative 3.15 , Pre-req 2.98 by PTCAS, Pre-req 3.15 calculated
Extracurricular: Sorority, School ambassador, INShape, Wellness Coach, Dance Marathon Committee, Pre-PT Club, Group Fitness Instructor, Volunteer at a couple different places

Applied to: IUPUI, UINDY, ISU, Grand Valley State, Ohio University, Central Michigan, Evansville, Oakland University

Denied acceptance: IUPUI

Haven't heard back yet from the others.

Does anyone have recommendations on which schools to apply to or any ideas on the likelihood of being accepted into the schools I have already applied to?

Maybe look at the schools that don't look at GRE at all. There is a short list. Check the GPA minimums of those schools. That still may not be enough this cycle. Many schools will flat out deny if you don't meet minimums. Sad, not always fair, but unfortunately true.

Reactions: 1 user
I have slightly below average GPA and GRE scores. So I did a ton of research and I looked at every single school on PTCAS. I applied to about 20 schools and I only applied to the ones that I met the statistics of the average accepted students. I recommend maybe not applying to schools that require the GRE or taking the GRE again. I live in Ohio and I know that Ohio University is very competitive. I have a friend who had a 4.0 who didn't even get it. You have a lot of extracurricular activities though which is good! If you don't get in this year, don't give up and you can always try again next year! Maybe look into schools that aren't on PTCAS.

Here are some schools that I found that don't require the GRE: George Fox, Loma Linda University, University of Toledo, American International College, Arkansas State University, Clarkson University, D'youville, Nazareth College of Rochester, Saint Francis University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Evansville, and University of Scranton.

I'm not sure if you have missed the deadline on some of them though, but it's always worth looking into.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Reactions: 1 user