Optimal MCAT Practice Test Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aldrich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is better, in preparation for the August 12th exam?

Taking one MCAT practice exam every Saturday until the exam, or concentrating the practice exams closer to the actual exam date (like 2 exams per week)?

Note: I've taken all my prerequisite coursework, but I am basically starting from scratch using the Exam Kracker book set (still getting through the material). I am using AAMC practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Which is better, in preparation for the August 12th exam?

Taking one MCAT practice exam every Saturday until the exam, or concentrating the practice exams closer to the actual exam date (like 2 exams per week)?

Note: I've taken all my prerequisite coursework, but I am basically starting from scratch using the Exam Kracker book set (still getting through the material). I am using AAMC practice tests.

This. No use is taking exams if you haven't learned and mastered the material, that would just be a waste of exams in my opinion.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

Do you think it is a bad idea to use the MCAT practice tests to master the material, when you go back and correct the questions?

I do. There's other good practice material out there like the TPR Science Workbook that you can use without using those precious resources. They're only 8 of them and you should use them for evaluation and diagnostic purposes once you've learned the material.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

what if you have 20 fls (kaplan, KS and TPR)? Should i put them in the Sn2 schedule at the end or spread the Fls out and leave the AAMC ones like the schedule