Optional Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistRodman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how detrimental doing both essays is? Was hoping to use my "unique circumstance" to demonstrate how I can "contribute to the diversity" of the student body. I've heard they prefer to see both essays to get a better sense of your character, but I would just feel redundant writing about two similar experiences for two whole essays.

Note: Specifically speaking of Texas schools as a Texas Resident

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just curious how detrimental doing both essays is? Was hoping to use my "unique circumstance" to demonstrate how I can "contribute to the diversity" of the student body. I've heard they prefer to see both essays to get a better sense of your character, but I would just feel redundant writing about two similar experiences for two whole essays.

Is this for out of state schools?

Members don't see this ad :)

Note: Specifically speaking of Texas schools as a Texas Resident
Yea, it's all pretty much the same...so tell different stories. Not doing the optional essays is not an option :D

A lot of people does not do the optional essay because it might come off as more awkward than presentable. However, they are still accepted. I think it's better if you write them too.

I was pretty excited that those are also optional essays for out of state. Now we have more essays..