options after CCM fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krg2013

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , anyone knows any options other only getting a job after CCM fellowship? I'm in a situation where im wondering if there is anything else out there for 1 year worth exploring before I get a permanent job? (eg. non ACGME accredited heart failure fellowship)

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your goals and background. Sleep med is an easy one to get an outpatient option if that is of interest. Palliative is a more CCM aligned choice with outpatient options as well. Doing anything more CCM focused is a waste of money but might help further your career of you are academic minded.

Visa issue? What's your primary specialty? If Pulm/CC, adding Sleep can be a decent option. If Anes/CC, do Cardiothoracic, or maybe one of the few echo fellowships if you want to be a true echo nerd. Is toxicology one year, or limited to EM? That might be interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Visa issue? What's your primary specialty? If Pulm/CC, adding Sleep can be a decent option. If Anes/CC, do Cardiothoracic, or maybe one of the few echo fellowships if you want to be a true echo nerd. Is toxicology one year, or limited to EM? That might be interesting.
That Utah echo imaging fellowship looks really cool. I think the department is doing their own stress echos and what not. Really interesting opportunity

Hey guys , anyone knows any options other only getting a job after CCM fellowship? I'm in a situation where im wondering if there is anything else out there for 1 year worth exploring before I get a permanent job? (eg. non ACGME accredited heart failure fellowship)
I have a little dyslexia but this first sentence doesn't compute. Please help me out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Also a little confused by the post, but if you're IM trained, you should do PCCM. It really opens up the job market in a big way compared to CCM only, particularly out West. Otherwise maybe something like palliative/sleep/echo suggested above.

What's your residency background? Non accredited fellowships won't get you much in terms of practice environment outside of the institution offering that fellowship.

If you want to do another year of something after CCM consider a pain fellowship. One of my co fellows thought about it for a year. It's like the opposite of CCM, you sit there and dole out narcs and inject people for a chill 9-5 gig.