Pulmonary fellowship after CCM fellowship (IM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medroti007

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I matched into CCM program in Dec after applying in both PCCM and CCM programs this previous Match. I cast a wider net just because I was out of residency and working as a Hospitalist since pre-COVID. I am thrilled to have the CCM opportunity and looking forward to it. I was wondering if any folks were in my shoes once and did CCM first and then separately did Pulm fellowship? Will love to hear what their experiences were like and whether they recommend taking this longer route? Any Pros or Cons? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
I haven’t done it that way (did combined 3 year pccm)

But i know of someone who did CCM at a hospital with a PCCM program, they spoke to the PCCM PD and was transferred into the pccm program and now will complete both in 3 years.

You will save a year doing that if you can