Options for financing graduate work (international student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych84

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my goal is to study in the US but I'm from Canada. I want to study there because my options are a little limited here. (at least if I want to maintain my standards) I want to do a Masters (which would allow me to register as a Psychologist in some of the provinces here) I will be applying to some programs here, but out of the top programs in Canada I'm only truly competitive for one. (my last year was really strong, and they only look at last year) I am however competitive for some of the terminal masters programs, but they tend to be in counselling and they have distributed learning (distance/in person). (though in reputable Canadian Uni's) I am in the process of taking some pre-req's for certain programs for the summer. But I may be studying starting Sept as a 2nd degree student (to improve GPA).

With that in mind, I am only focusing on traditional brick-mortar programs and well known Colleges in the USA, and I seem to be quite competitive in some (as you guys simply have more schools/options)

In any case, if I was to stay in Canada, I can easily fund my graduate degree with provincial loans. And tuition fees are quite decent here. But if apply to USA Schools, I'll need some sort of support. Unfortunatley, the banks here do need give Student LOC's for international schools.

Are there any options?

Members don't see this ad.