You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Optometry School Entering Class of 2005 Thread
Started by xpothosx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I made it!!!!!! I got accepted into NOVA yesterday.
I am 3rd year from Canada.
GPA 3.54
OAT 340AA 370TS
I can't wait!
Still need to hear from PCO and have an interview with Indiana, but might cancel. I'll also be applying to Waterloo.
I am 3rd year from Canada.
GPA 3.54
OAT 340AA 370TS
I can't wait!
Still need to hear from PCO and have an interview with Indiana, but might cancel. I'll also be applying to Waterloo.
Adding: (*) = student will accept admission and attend school)
PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
congrats to our newest future ODs !!! 😀 😀 😀
PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
congrats to our newest future ODs !!! 😀 😀 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
(*) = student will accept admission and attend school)
congrats to our newest future ODs !!! 😀 😀 😀
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
(*) = student will accept admission and attend school)
congrats to our newest future ODs !!! 😀 😀 😀
r_salis said:meb302 -- where are you going to go? (gotoSUNYgotoSUNYgotoSUNY 😉)
Still trying to decide. I've ruled out Indiana and PCO. It's between SCO, Ohio State, and SUNY. It's a tough call...
PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
Hi, I was wondering how the SCCO interview went for you. I have an interview with them Tuesday January 11. You have any idea as to why they may have waitlisted you? I've gotten into SUNY so I'm not as nervous but I really want to do my best at the interview. Any advice???
Thanks,
Helen
Thanks,
Helen
PCO : NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
SCO : chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*)
ICO : stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU : meb302, beaneek
OSU : meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY : meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA : judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04
UHCO : carolinakid21 , J.Opt , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO : purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO : chester , nnk
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO: chester , nnk
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO: chester , nnk
Adding hcheng and od2b77 -- congratulations! 😀
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302 , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats , guys !!! 🙂 To the UHCO class of 2009: PM me if y'all have ANY questions about UHCO.
wow, 2009. scary.
wow, 2009. scary.

Adding myself to NECO!!!!!
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Adding keara7282 and rockets82 -- congrats, guys! 😀
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Got accepted to SCCO, my first choice. Just cancelled my interviews at NOVA, NECO, and ICO today.
GPA-3.3
OAT SCI-370
OAT AA- 340
I love this forum. It helped me out sooo much in terms of all the current issues, interview preparations, and any types of questions that I may have... People are so helpful in this forum. 😍 I would have been so lost if it weren't for this network. Thanks girls and boys! 😛
GPA-3.3
OAT SCI-370
OAT AA- 340
I love this forum. It helped me out sooo much in terms of all the current issues, interview preparations, and any types of questions that I may have... People are so helpful in this forum. 😍 I would have been so lost if it weren't for this network. Thanks girls and boys! 😛
Adding h6ppygirl -- congrats! 🙂
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B(*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*), h6ppygirl(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B(*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*), h6ppygirl(*)
ODra said:has anyone thats been accepted to NECO going to attend there?
just wondering what influenced your decision to do so. Thanks!
i still have 2 or maybe 3 more interviews (if i decide to go to suny) and so far neco has been the most impressive; ... but its too early to tell where i go and money is a big factor....
that being said; their building(s) are beautiful; and in a great part of town and boston is an awesome city with tons of stuff to do. the staff and students all seemed so nice and down to earth and friendly; and i think their clinical program is wonderful; they really really stress how important it is to be well prepared clinically; you get to start screening elementary school kids within a month of starting school; and they seem to be much more heavily reliant on different community health centers all around the city; which allows you to see a greater variety of patients and different patients in different areas; i do know that in some places where they have a central eye clinic students have told me that they have seen the same cases over and over again without much variety. personally if there was no money influencing my decisions i would be at neco in a heartbeat... but it seems like there are soo many different factors; i would advise you to go interview and really get a look around the city and the program of anyplace before you make a decision
congrats to all of our newest OD colleagues !!! 😀 😀 😀
Adding stompy! 🙂
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MRFREEZE said:GPA: 3.35
OAT AVE: 300
OAT SCI: 320
Accepted: PCO, ICO, NOVA, and NECO 🙂
Interviewed, but waiting for response: SCO 😴
Most likely to attend ICO (still considering PCO).
Are you a 3rd or 4th year?
Congrats!!!
Adding MRFREEZE -- congrats 😀!
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Got into PCO!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PCO: NYCBlues (*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
K
Kristene9
od2b77 said:Did anyone here interviewed before receiving your OAT scores and have received an acceptance in the past few days? I understand that schools received our OAT's last Friday, I'm just wondering how fast do they make decisions after that? If you did get an acceptance this week, what school was that from?
Thanks
I was accepted into PCO in November without my OAT scores. I wont be going there though, I'm just not a Northeast type of girl 🙂
K
Kristene9
Hey!!! I just found out about this today! This is really nice I'm glad I found yall! anyway. I have been accepted into PCO, Pacific, and just had an interview at UAB, will have one at Houston and I dont think I want to go to my interview at SCO.
also my trip to Philly made me decide that I am NOT a northeast type of girl, so that ones out.
but I want to know why no one else wants to go to Pacific or UAB ??? I LOVED Pacific but it is SOOO expensive. I found out the average person comes out of there with 168,000 dollars in debt. UAB wouldn't be that bad and has a REAL good program... well I though they did
anyway any comments would be greatly appreciated
Also, why have yall going to houston decided on that one???
Thanks so much!!!
also my trip to Philly made me decide that I am NOT a northeast type of girl, so that ones out.
but I want to know why no one else wants to go to Pacific or UAB ??? I LOVED Pacific but it is SOOO expensive. I found out the average person comes out of there with 168,000 dollars in debt. UAB wouldn't be that bad and has a REAL good program... well I though they did
anyway any comments would be greatly appreciated
Also, why have yall going to houston decided on that one???
Thanks so much!!!
Hello everyone,
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input regarding everything in this forum. I have an interview at PCO on the 2nd and I would really appreciate it if any of you could give me some info about the interview.
I am kind of scared because I was at Nova recently and I was not accepted. There was no reason on the rejection letter, but I think one of the professors who interviewed me was offended. He was from china and I did not understand one of his questions so I asked him politely to repeat it again. I did not want to sound stupid by answering a question I did not understand. This was my first interview and I felt really confident after I left from there, but I guess I was wrong.
I have not received any other interview invitations so PCO is my last hope. Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input regarding everything in this forum. I have an interview at PCO on the 2nd and I would really appreciate it if any of you could give me some info about the interview.
I am kind of scared because I was at Nova recently and I was not accepted. There was no reason on the rejection letter, but I think one of the professors who interviewed me was offended. He was from china and I did not understand one of his questions so I asked him politely to repeat it again. I did not want to sound stupid by answering a question I did not understand. This was my first interview and I felt really confident after I left from there, but I guess I was wrong.
I have not received any other interview invitations so PCO is my last hope. Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
bambola said:Hello everyone,
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input regarding everything in this forum. I have an interview at PCO on the 2nd and I would really appreciate it if any of you could give me some info about the interview.
I am kind of scared because I was at Nova recently and I was not accepted. There was no reason on the rejection letter, but I think one of the professors who interviewed me was offended. He was from china and I did not understand one of his questions so I asked him politely to repeat it again. I did not want to sound stupid by answering a question I did not understand. This was my first interview and I felt really confident after I left from there, but I guess I was wrong.
I have not received any other interview invitations so PCO is my last hope. Any input will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
bambola:
i interviewed at PCO on Jan 5th and got accepted yesterday. The interview was VERY laid back. I interviewed with a O.D. who was very young (prob only 27) and the interview was very informal and comfortable. No hard question were asked. It was more like conversation. I am sure you will do fine...i applied to NOVA and didn't even get an interview, but got accepted to PCO. So even though u didn't get accepted to NOVA, I am sure you have a good chance at PCO. If you have any more question just let me know! GOOD LUCK
Hi Kristene,Kristene9 said:Hey!
I have an interview at Houston coming up. I really didnt want to live in Houston, but I'm a Texas resident abd becuase of money I might have to. What made you decide to go there??
Thanks and congrats again 🙂
I summarized my opinions about each of the schools that I applied to in the following post: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2121360#post2121360
UHCO is a great school. I also was apprehensive about living in Houston, but once I visited it, I realized that it was much nicer than I had expected.
Best wishes on your interview 😎
Adding Kristine9, akwong44 -- congrats guys! 😀
----2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Pacific: Kristene9
----2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*)
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Pacific: Kristene9
Kristene9 said:but I want to know why no one else wants to go to Pacific or UAB ??? I LOVED Pacific but it is SOOO expensive. I found out the average person comes out of there with 168,000 dollars in debt.Hi Kristene9! I just wanted to say I got into Pacific as well, but decided not to go. I really enjoyed my visit, but in the end, the cons outweighed the pros. I LOVED the way they set up the interview day (lots of time to get to know students and faculty over lunch, tours, panels, etc.) Everyone was super friendly, and my interviewers were awesome, totally put me at ease. The campus was pretty too, and it's nice that you're part of a bigger school so you meet people outside of the optometry program. But I was disappointed at their on-campus clinic since Pacific is a private school. SCCO's blows it out of the water! Forest Grove was also really dreary when I went. It was more rural than I was expecting (not in a bad way, it's just that I'm a big city gal.) And finally, the tuition was too much for me.
On the bright side, apartment prices at Pacific are ridiculously cheap! The students there told me they pay ~$600 for a 2bdrm?! Wow!
Good luck on deciding where to go!
----2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Pacific: Kristene9
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*)
Pacific: Kristene9
----2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xopthosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
Add me to the list for UHCO Class of 2009! Its my final choice. Shout out to all the UHCO peeps!
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
Add me to the list for UHCO Class of 2009! Its my final choice. Shout out to all the UHCO peeps!
Yay !!
let me know if you have any UHCO questions 🙂
let me know if you have any UHCO questions 🙂
I'm still waiting on PCO and SCO though
xpothosx said:2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
Add me to the list for UHCO Class of 2009! Its my final choice. Shout out to all the UHCO peeps!
2005 Entering Class----
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE , KwijiboOO
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
PCO: NYCBlues(*) , xpothosx , meb302 , Phillygirl98(*), dj1013 , JapAnime(*), MRFREEZE, jb4teen, Kristene9, akwong44(*), cunikki
SCO: chemgirlie(*) , meb302 , carolinakid21(*), Bennyboy(*)
ICO: stompy , scraders(*), dj1013 , od2b77, MRFREEZE
IU: meb302, beaneek, keara7282(*)
OSU: meb302(*) , leelee(*)
SUNY: meb302 , noochie(*) , dj1013(*), hcheng, stompy(*)
NOVA: judgeanna , carolinakid21 , dj1013 , xpothosx , jeffy1126(*) , jb4teen , chemgirlie , wrx04, J.opt, MRFREEZE , KwijiboOO
UHCO: carolinakid21 , J.opt(*) , nnk(*) , AggieOD2B (*), rockets82(*), xpothosx(*)
NEWENCO: purplehaze98 , Phillygirl98 , nnk, cunikki, MRFREEZE
SCCO: chester , nnk, od2b77(*) , bravehrt
Pacific: Kristene9
Bravehrt said:Does anyone know how Berkeley is going to interview everyone on Feb 20? Sounds like a lot of interviews in one day.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=1150892#post1150892
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2210854#post2210854
Good luck,
Rosanna
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 316
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 312
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K