Oral Boards 2016 Ophthalmology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VentureBros

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. SDN has been there for me since before medical school.
Anyway, I took the oral boards in November and just got my result - I did not pass.

I passed my written using ophthoquestions. I did try and research and prepare for the oral exam. Everyone said it would be so easy and since I passed the written, I would easily pass the oral. Even members on SDN had said that in previous threads. I read the Wills manual, studied some of the BCSC, and looked at other resources. I did not end up using Clinical Vignettes by Pemberton, nor did I use a review course.

I also did not realize that two full sections would be on pediatrics, which I am confident is the reason I failed. Now I need to over-prepare.

Any suggestions short of a review course would be helpful. I am in solo private practice, and that would be very difficult for me to do.