Dukester

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Not posted yet. Hopefully soon, as today is their stated deadline.

aneftp

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Oral boards in recent years (to the best of my knowledge) have always been released on Thursdays.

So if you are waiting on a Friday, forget about it and enjoy the weekend.

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
I'm impressed, there's a lot less forum angst this time. The Spring 2010 thread was full of hand-wringing (much of it mine :)).

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I'm impressed, there's a lot less forum angst this time. The Spring 2010 thread was full of hand-wringing (much of it mine :)).
There are simply less examinees waiting this time. The angst is the same or even worse. The date on that yellow piece of paper was clearly October, 29, 2010 for the e-mail results and no later than November 5 for the letter. Neither is Thursday :scared:

Oct 29, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I called the ABA yesterday and they told me today was the day. It would be in your ABA online sometime today. So noone yet? I want to have a surprise party for my business partner if he passed.

gracie97

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
i just called the aba and asked if they would be out today and she said "hopefully". i guess they're still undergoing QA. which apparently takes an infinite amount of time.

Oct 29, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
i just called the aba and asked if they would be out today and she said "hopefully". i guess they're still undergoing QA. which apparently takes an infinite amount of time.
I hope they get them out soon. My palms are sweaty and I'm nervous and I'm not even waiting for my own scores I'm sure my partner is dying. I not so fondly waiting to read my results. I got a phone call from my attending who helped me prep and I didn't answer because I wanted to see it online myself first, but I knew they were in at that time because he called.

gracie97

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
funny you say that- i'm actually waiting for my husband's scores since he doesn't get e-mail reception in the OR, and i'm WAY more nervous than he is. i'm not sure he even knows today is the day!

gracie97

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
I hope they get them out soon. My palms are sweaty and I'm nervous and I'm not even waiting for my own scores I'm sure my partner is dying. I not so fondly waiting to read my results. I got a phone call from my attending who helped me prep and I didn't answer because I wanted to see it online myself first, but I knew they were in at that time because he called.
funny you say that- i'm actually waiting for my husband's scores since he doesn't get e-mail reception in the OR, and i'm WAY more nervous than he is. i'm not sure he even knows today is the day!

Fastrach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Their server's on the fritz from all the people refreshing...

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
theaba.org. Look up your name. If you passed it will say certified till blah blah..issue date 10-1-2010
I am not in the system anymore - AT ALL. I was there an hour ago. Neither are 2-3 of my friends whom I've met in San Antonio. Others are still candidates in the exam system...

P.S. Now the ABA site is inaccessible at all...

Last edited:
OP
J
Oct 15, 2010
Status
They are updating the system and since several hundred people simultaneously started accessing the site they simply shut it down for updating....
really? several hundred people? great technology over there at the aba. what do they do with our money anyway?

OP
J
Oct 15, 2010
Status
will someone please post a message when the aba website is fixed and the results are posted. i'm on my phone.

tucker27705

7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Haven't checked this site in weeks and I show up to this thread? Dang, sorry for y'all. Hope it shakes out soon and you're all drinking to celebrate. The feeling is awesome when you pass. Condolences to anyone who doesn't, and better luck (and more prep) next time!
Good Luck,
Tuck

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Just got off the phone with Customer Service. Still going through QA review. Hoping to have up later this evening. This is killing me.
This evening? They didn't leave until Monday? Hard to believe the bureaucracy might be emphatic...

Oct 29, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I'm getting a different error message now, but still can't get to the site

serenity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
This evening? They didn't leave until Monday? Hard to believe the bureaucracy might be emphatic...
Passed too!Around 1545-1600 the results were posted and soon the site crashed,I was able to get in and save the page.They can't change anything now!:laugh:

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Passed too!Around 1545-1600 the results were posted and soon the site crashed,I was able to get in and save the page.They can't change anything now!:laugh:
Congrats, Serenity!!!! How are you? WHERE are you?

Fastrach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
Congratulations! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Failed. I can't believe this. I'm so depressed. F$&@!
I am so sorry. Do not let this kill your self esteem, though. There are a lot of people who fail the first time and nail it the next.
Wait until they send you the results and then plan what you have to do differently.

You will get it next year.

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
Could've been me there too. Take some time off and regroup. You'll own those bitches next time.

Mman

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
From your last few posts I see you didn't really study the first time you took it and you practiced with your partners this time.

I'm not a big fan of them, but I'd probably highly suggest taking at least 1 course and trying to get practice exams with actual examiners if you know any for your 3rd try.

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
From your last few posts I see you didn't really study the first time you took it and you practiced with your partners this time.

I'm not a big fan of them, but I'd probably highly suggest taking at least 1 course and trying to get practice exams with actual examiners if you know any for your 3rd try.
:eek:

wow.
then it changes a lot in approach. A course is a must. Any of them and better 2( one - early, the second - before the exam).

It will sound like heresy on this forum but I think that practice with your partners, if they are not actual examiners are of very little use, IMHO.

I took 4 day crash course and though I won't say it is perfect, but the mock orals and the overall climate helped a lot.
You have to go knowing the material, though.
Good luck!

docmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, the first time I studied but did not practice. Second time I studied, practiced, and took an April course. I should have booked one closer to the exam to maintain the mindset and tempo. I'll have to take a course closer to the exam and hook up with some actual examiners. My partners are going to make me pay for this. I am apparently ****ty at talking about anesthesia in an exam setting. Writtens were a breeze compared to the Oral exam (for me). This sucks.

Narcotized

7+ Year Member
May 10, 2009
Status
I've checked the website a good 10 times or so. Each time I enter my name it comes up certified till 2020. I'm beginning to think it might not be a mistake so maybe I can relax a little bit (not too much though). If it's still there by Monday I'll accept it as official and start to throw out my study materials. By Wed I'll be playing fetch with the neighbor's dog with my audio red discs, or maybe using them as vastly overpriced shims to put under the legs of wobbling tables.

Before I click submit reply, let me just check the aba website one more time to make sure... ok, still there for now.

inspire004

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Hi all great job on the victory, please also make sure you give your study tips and how you guys cracked it , sorry doc mojo **** happens on this test and anything is fair on this test
I am happy for all you guys, enjoy while it is sweet

Last edited:

sevoflurane

Ride
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I've checked the website a good 10 times or so. Each time I enter my name it comes up certified till 2020. I'm beginning to think it might not be a mistake so maybe I can relax a little bit (not too much though). If it's still there by Monday I'll accept it as official and start to throw out my study materials. By Wed I'll be playing fetch with the neighbor's dog with my audio red discs, or maybe using them as vastly overpriced shims to put under the legs of wobbling tables.

Before I click submit reply, let me just check the aba website one more time to make sure... ok, still there for now.
I've checked it and re-checked it at least that many times. I was confused initially. First, the ABA said we both passed it, then we weren't in the system, then we both passed it, then we weren't in the system again. Finally after many drinks, it listed us as certified 'til 2020. We closed the bars in Orlando last night. :banana::lock::banana: Man... all I can say is.... freakn' sweetness.

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I have ABA tab opened and still checking every time I open my netbook.

Looks very elegant to me :D

Certification Details

The Primary Source for Official Verification of a Physician's ABA Certification Status

hoyden, M.D.

Area of Certification Anesthesiology
Certification Type Primary Certification
Name On Certificate hoyden
Certification Status Certified through 12/31/2020
Issue Date Oct 01, 2010
Area of Certification Anesthesiology
Certification Type Maintenance of Certification
Certification Status Enrolled in MOC - Participating

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

sevoflurane

Ride
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Very elegant, I must say. Nice job Hoyden.

Is it just me, or does anybody feel like they suddenly have so much time on their hands?

Boarding, guitar/recording, soccer, tennis, movies, little home projects here and there are now once again at the top of the list. 10 years seems like an eternity. :rolleyes:

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician

Is it just me, or does anybody feel like they suddenly have so much time on their hands?
I read more fiction over the summer than in the last 10 years put together. It's nice being a normal person again.

That said I do have a couple of academic projects and goals I've been neglecting ... time to get back on that.

hoyden

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Attending Physician

Boarding, guitar/recording, soccer, tennis, movies, little home projects here and there are now once again at the top of the list. 10 years seems like an eternity. :rolleyes:

Thanks, but yours is double - that makes it almost divine

I have to submit vacation requests for the next year on Monday - finally it does not have to revolve around exam dates .

Born free - finally free for the next 10 years :D

sevoflurane

Ride
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Thanks, but yours is double - that makes it almost divine

I have to submit vacation requests for the next year on Monday - finally it does not have to revolve around exam dates .

Born free - finally free for the next 10 years :D
Yeah... it was pretty special... Chillaxing at the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando, 91 degrees, nothing but blue sky and a couple of long islands on board... when my wife finally read it, she looked over, gave me a big old hug and started crying.....

One of those moments... I knew exactly how she felt. :)

IN2B8R

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I've checked it and re-checked it at least that many times. I was confused initially. First, the ABA said we both passed it, then we weren't in the system, then we both passed it, then we weren't in the system again. Finally after many drinks, it listed us as certified 'til 2020. We closed the bars in Orlando last night. :banana::lock::banana: Man... all I can say is.... freakn' sweetness.
Congrats to you both:) Enjoy life!