Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ****The Official Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Link to interview prep: Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email stating to update my application for any missing pre- requisite courses. However, I didn't think I was missing any what should I do?

Hmm, I would call and leave a message with the admission office to ask. They are responsive; I left a message last week with a question and someone did call back to answer my question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying hat my app had moved past an initial screening and is in the pool now from which they select from for interviews

Reactions: 2 users
i got the same email...hopefully they will make interview offers soon!

I got an email that essentially said after review of my application they are “not prepared to take official action at this time”, then it just outlined how competitive applicants are and said I will get an update if they make any decisions.

Anyone else receive this email? It sounds different from the one you guys got. But also not a straight up rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email as the above ones - saying that mine made it through the initial screening phase and is in a pool of competitive applicants from which they will send out interviews. I can't tell if it's a good sign or they sent it to everyone saying that there are lots of competitive applicants, good luck, and don't hold your breath lol

I got an email that essentially said after review of my application they are “not prepared to take official action at this time”, then it just outlined how competitive applicants are and said I will get an update if they make any decisions.

Anyone else receive this email? It sounds different from the one you guys got. But also not a straight up rejection?

I got this email :( Hopefully it isn't a straight up rejection, but maybe we'll get some type of response later in the cycle *fingers crossed*!

Reactions: 1 users
betterthistime, odontogenesis, pkris: do you guys mind sharing your stats? Or message me privately if that's more comfortable for you?

Sure,
I’m OOS but with ties to Oregon (I grew up there and my dad still lives there but my official residency is Washington). OGPA: 3.5 SGPA: 3.1 DAT(AA/TS/PAT/RC/any under 17): 22/20/23/29/none. App was verified in mid July. Anything else I can share?

Sure,
I’m OOS but with ties to Oregon (I grew up there and my dad still lives there but my official residency is Washington). OGPA: 3.5 SGPA: 3.1 DAT(AA/TS/PAT/RC/any under 17): 22/20/23/29/none. App was verified in mid July. Anything else I can share?

thanks :) you’re a competitive applicant! What kind of applicant did they describe as competitive in the email?

betterthistime, odontogenesis, pkris: do you guys mind sharing your stats? Or message me privately if that's more comfortable for you?

IS; oGPA: 3.3; sGPA: 3.1; postbac GPA: 3.8; 21AA/21TS/22PAT/20RC/21QR; submitted 8/2. Application was verified two weeks later and then I got that email a couple days ago. Really hoping for the best this cycle considering this is one of my top choices and I'm an instate student *fingers crossed*!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks :) you’re a competitive applicant! What kind of applicant did they describe as competitive in the email?

honestly they described me as not very competitive at all hahaha. Which is ok, I know my sgpa is low but they listed their average stats for the last entering class as: 939 applicants for 74 spots, 3.71 gpa, 3.66 sgpa, 20.80 AA, 20.32 TS, 21.22 PAT.

honestly they described me as not very competitive at all hahaha. Which is ok, I know my sgpa is low but they listed their average stats for the last entering class as: 939 applicants for 74 spots, 3.71 gpa, 3.66 sgpa, 20.80 AA, 20.32 TS, 21.22 PAT.
Oh wow... thanks for letting me know. I think the three of you are in great shape anyway. Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone gotten an interview yet? (I have not, im just wondering if anyone has)

Just invited for an interview today at 10:27am! Notified through email.

@freakazoids99

Interview #2
School
: (OHSU) Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry
Notification date: 10/12/2020
Method of notification: email
Residency: In-State
AADSAS mail-out date: 06//25/2020 (I think?)
Application complete date: 07/01/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.98o, 4.00s
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/28/25/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20 (many options)
Method of Interview: virtual, all day

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview and OOS. Hope this helps! I can fill out my info tomorrow.

@freakazoids99

Interview #2
School
: (OHSU) Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 06//25/2020 (I think?)
Application complete date: 07/01/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.98o, 4.00s
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/28/25/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20 (many options)
Method of Interview: virtual, all day
bruh

Reactions: 3 users
Interview # 4
School:
OHSU Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/04/2020
Application complete date: 07/07/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/27/23/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: Many Options
Method of interview: Virtual

Any OOS invites out there?
Interview #4
School: (OHSU) Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry
Notification date:10/12/2020
Method of notification: eMail
Residency: Out-of-State (CA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06//16/2020
Application complete date: 06/28/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.4, 3.4 sgpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18, 18, 20, 24, none
Dates available OR your interview date: next day was available. Choose two week after interview invitation.
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #
School: (OHSU) Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date: 09/04/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.69, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 18 TS, 23 PAT, 18 Reading, 17 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/29/2020

Does anybody have any tips for OHSU interviews? Greatly appreciated!

Interview #4
School: OHSU
Notification Date: 11/4/2020
Residency: OOS
AADSAS Mail-out date: 7/11
GPA (overall, Science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none

Any OHSU dental students/almuni out there on this forum that are willing to answer a few questions? Thanks so much!

I'm a DS4. I dont get on SDN that often any more, but I can try and answer any OHSU related questions you may have. You can also message me directly if you want.

How long will OHSU be giving out interviews?

How long will OHSU be giving out interviews?
I interviewed this week and they said that they would be continuing interviews in January and into the Spring. A friend of mine who is a D2 there had no contact or interview until the week classes started when he was admitted from a waitlist. No news is good news!

They interview into April usually. And I was pulled from the wait list the week prior to classes starting when I was admitted 4 years ago

Accepted into OHSU! One of my top choices <3

Interview date: Nov 16th
DAT: AA 24 / PAT 23 / TS 24
GPA: 3.82 Cumulative / 3.78 Science
No research experience but I have ~100 hrs of shadowing, 2 years of assisting experience at a clinic and 1 year experience at an oral surgery practice

Best of luck to everyone!

Does anyone know who to write the commitment check out for? Just OHSU?