Oregon State 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a current first year student as well! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions, I'll do my best to respond :) Good luck to all of you applying! I know it's hard to wait, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know approximately when they send out interview information for IS students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like interviews will be January 13th based off the website. I am happy it isn't the week later for sure. Fingers crossed for an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like interviews will be January 13th based off the website. I am happy it isn't the week later for sure. Fingers crossed for an interview!

good luck @ziggyandjazzy! where else did you apply? i know we've both submitted to OSU and WSU...I also applied to NC State and CSU.

good luck @ziggyandjazzy! where else did you apply? i know we've both submitted to OSU and WSU...I also applied to NC State and CSU.
Yep I applied to OSU, WSU, NC State, and Missouri! I would say OSU is my #1 though because it is my in-state and I'm quite done with being in the mid-west lol.

Do we know when to expect admissions/rejections? Last year they arrived on Dec 6 but I'm wondering if that date will be pushed back this year since the application deadline got pushed back...Some of the other schools I applied to gave specific dates :dead:

Do we know when to expect admissions/rejections? Last year they arrived on Dec 6 but I'm wondering if that date will be pushed back this year since the application deadline got pushed back...Some of the other schools I applied to gave specific dates :dead:

Last year it was the first week of December. But with the hurricanes affecting computer service, it might be pushed back.

Wahhh that feels so far away

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As an out of state student, I got my acceptance right around Thanksgiving time, if I remember right. It will probably be pushed back a touch with the delay in the application process we had this year. I haven't heard much trickling down from the Dean's Office, but it sounds like they are getting somewhat close.

Reactions: 2 users
As an out of state student, I got my acceptance right around Thanksgiving time, if I remember right. It will probably be pushed back a touch with the delay in the application process we had this year. I haven't heard much trickling down from the Dean's Office, but it sounds like they are getting somewhat close.
But in state people likely have to wait until December right?

I wonder if they'll send interview invites to IS the same time they send OOS admittances?

*bites fingernails*
That would be the dream, tbh lol

@ziggyandjazzy because i can't do anything else i'm on other school's threads reading about all the people getting interview invites :hungover: why do our schools have to be so slow...

But in state people likely have to wait until December right?

Correct. OSS get their offers pretty early compared to the ISS. It is my understanding from most everything I have heard from ISS students that they did not get interview dates until mid to late December I think. Actual interviews are normally in January.

@ziggyandjazzy because i can't do anything else i'm on other school's threads reading about all the people getting interview invites :hungover: why do our schools have to be so slow...
I actually got my first invite! woohoo!

and @caddisfly the interviews are listed as January 13th on their website. Wouldn't they want to give you about a months warning at least?

Omg Yay!!! To osu?
OSU's interviews for in state are listed as the 13th. I've gotten interviews from Mizzou and WSU now. Hooray!! I am planning around getting an interview on the 13th so lets hope lol

Does anyone who interviewed last year know what time of day they are or how they assign it? The two other interviews I have are not MMI. How long does the whole MMI process take? How many stations? I'm assuming they have a group of people blocked in for a certain time and then rotate the groups through? Or is it something else? Thanks!!

Does anyone who interviewed last year know what time of day they are or how they assign it? The two other interviews I have are not MMI. How long does the whole MMI process take? How many stations? I'm assuming they have a group of people blocked in for a certain time and then rotate the groups through? Or is it something else? Thanks!!

Ideally, having about a month to prepare would be great! But idk if that is going to be possible with the delays this year? But who knows! You guys could be hearing any day now.

I did not interview, so I'm not much help there. But I know that those who did interview were required to sign a confidentiality agreement, so I'm not sure what they are allowed to talk about. I don't know how they assign the slots, but the interviews are conducted from 8am to late afternoon, but your actual pass through I think should take about and hour maybe 1.5 hours. And they usually offer tours of the school by students after your interview that you can choose to go on.
I don't know that we are allowed to tell you how many station there are. There are at least 5, I'll tell you that much haha. Seems like everyone is staggered at like 15 minute intervals or so. And they come down and get you to start at station 1 when your time comes.

Ideally, having about a month to prepare would be great! But idk if that is going to be possible with the delays this year? But who knows! You guys could be hearing any day now.

I did not interview, so I'm not much help there. But I know that those who did interview were required to sign a confidentiality agreement, so I'm not sure what they are allowed to talk about. I don't know how they assign the slots, but the interviews are conducted from 8am to late afternoon, but your actual pass through I think should take about and hour maybe 1.5 hours. And they usually offer tours of the school by students after your interview that you can choose to go on.
I don't know that we are allowed to tell you how many station there are. There are at least 5, I'll tell you that much haha. Seems like everyone is staggered at like 15 minute intervals or so. And they come down and get you to start at station 1 when your time comes.
All of that was so helpful, thank you! I had no idea about confidentiality but makes total sense. I was asking about timing to see if I would stay overnight in Corvallis or not. I am just getting way ahead of myself lol

Now it's December 1 and I'm like okay just tell me already I know I'm impatient... (OOS)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I was notified on Dec. 6th last year, OOS. You are so close! Thinking of all the OOS applicants :joyful::D

I just looked at last year's thread and last year people got notified Dec 6... It's so close

Yeah I am hoping all you OOS people are notified because then that will hopefully mean interview invites are closer lol

The interviews go all day, I was one of the last ones, mine was after 5 and I think they start at 9 am. They tell you a time with the invite, so you'll have a little time to plan. It's kind of a blur now, but they ask you to show up about 15 or 20 minutes early and I'm pretty sure I was in and out in under an hour and a half. I didn't do a tour or anything though.

It’s December 6th, is today going to be the day?!? :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview~!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
@ziggyandjazzy congrats!!! Does anyone know if OOS and IS get notified all in the same day.
I checked last year's notifications a few days ago and OOS were notified December 6th about admittance and IS December 12th for interviews (I think). They might have been more on a push to get the IS notifications out this year because the interviews are a week earlier in January. I have no idea beyond last year but I really hope y'all hear soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@ziggyandjazzy Awesome! Thank you! I checked last years forum but only for OOS. Really nervous to hear back from them. I can’t stop refreshing my email.

Does Oregon just send out one round of in-state interview invite offers? I'm guessing if I didn't get one today, I'm not getting one. This is my second time applying. Last year I got rejected on the 12th of December.

OOS alternate position! Congrats to everyone and good luck on your interviews IS people :)

Reactions: 4 users
OOS alternate position! Congrats to everyone and good luck on your interviews IS people :)
Did you get an email or a phone call?? I'm so anxious now.

Edit: Sorry, congrats first if all! Alternate is definitely better than nothing

Did you get an email or a phone call?? I'm so anxious now.

Edit: Sorry, congrats first if all! Alternate is definitely better than nothing

Just an email! I'm WICHE and there are very few positions at OSU so not too surprised. But don't worry too much, I bet everybody will hear soon!;)