oregon state university anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did OSU call, send you an email, or send you a letter to inform you about your interview? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did OSU call, send you an email, or send you a letter to inform you about your interview? Thanks.

Email both to inform you of the interview and of your acceptance. Pretty much all communication actually.

For those who have already been accepted, where did Oregon State rank among the list of schools you applied to?
Check my bloggie :) I was deeply thinking over this during xmas vacation. With my acceptance, I think OSU is my top choice since I have no other.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who get accepted. I started a very quickly put together facebook group for "Oregon State Pharmacy Class of 2013" if you would like to add it.

Does anybody know how many more interviews OSU is doing? If I haven't heard from them yet, is it safe to assume I won't? :confused:

For those who have already been accepted, where did Oregon State rank among the list of schools you applied to?

Gosh, this is a real hard question for me! I got 10 interviews so far (out of 12 schools i applied to), went to 4 and accepted to 4 including OSU. Among these 4 schools, im afraid that OSU is ranked the 3rd of the list (in terms of my impression about the facility and the program); however, i think i will go to OSU because this is my state school!
Anyways, OSU YAY!:love:

Hey Guys!
My interview was Jan. 16th, has anyone heard back from the school that had their interview on the same day?
I am getting worried.

I have an interview on 2/5. I am feeling very nervous and stressed out right now. Did all your interviews go well? Was it really that informal?

I have an interview on 2/5. I am feeling very nervous and stressed out right now. Did all your interviews go well? Was it really that informal?

First, congrats. Second you truly have nothing to stress about. I just interviewed there this weekend and it great. There was approx 12 interviewees so less intimidating. It was really casual and yes really informal but they make you feel so comfortable. I enjoyed it a lot.

Be confident and remember why you want to be a pharmacist. If you haven't interviewed before, you may want to do some mock trials. They helped me!

Good luck:)

For those of you that did mock interviews with the career center, did they really help? I heard that the interviewers doing the mock interviews are actually students.

For those of you that did mock interviews with the career center, did they really help? I heard that the interviewers doing the mock interviews are actually students.

It's really nothing different than any job interview I thought. Just that you're dealing with something a bit more important than a temporary job. I suggest looking on SDN for previous questions asked by OSU. I was asked a few from the list I found

Just thought I'd let people know, I received an email from Nicole Kent the other day stating that they are still doing interviews through March. :D

For those who were accepted, did OSU notify you through mail or email? I was just wondering because it is going on 3 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were accepted, did OSU notify you through mail or email? I was just wondering because it is going on 3 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything.
Thanks

Pretty much everything is by Email. If you have any questions after acceptance Angela says you can contact her but I've had more success in reaching Nicole Kent.

Also, an aside, I got accepted 6 days after my Dec 5 interview. I recently had a friend go to the Jan 15 interview but she still hasn't heard back. I was curious if people have been accepted from that session or if they're just taking longer to decide than when I went. So I guess my question is, to ease her nerves, did anyone get accepted yet from that interview?

YAY!!! I just got an email! I got accepted!!!

Gosh, this is a real hard question for me! I got 10 interviews so far (out of 12 schools i applied to), went to 4 and accepted to 4 including OSU. Among these 4 schools, im afraid that OSU is ranked the 3rd of the list (in terms of my impression about the facility and the program); however, i think i will go to OSU because this is my state school!
Anyways, OSU YAY!:love:
Congrats on all your interviews and acceptances, I just found out I got accepted to the other school in my home state, but I'm pretty sure I will end up at OSU as well, so I'll probably be seeing most of you in the fall

Hey pharmvp!
Did you email the school to find out or did they just email you? I had my interview Jan. 16th so like I said before I am really nervous and now that you found out I'm really really nervous.
Thanks

Hey pharmvp!
Did you email the school to find out or did they just email you? I had my interview Jan. 16th so like I said before I am really nervous and now that you found out I'm really really nervous.
Thanks

Hey! I interviewed on Jan 24th. I did send an email the night before to ask how many seats had been offered or filled so far. I told them I was nervous and could not stop thinking of my interview. The next day (today) I got the email that I was accepted. I'm not sure if it was a reply or something they had planned to send already:rolleyes:

Good luck. I hope you hear soon. I know how it feels to wait. Let me know if you have more questions :)

hey guys, did your interview include some kind of group activity? What was it about? I am just wondering.

hey guys, did your interview include some kind of group activity? What was it about? I am just wondering.

Nope no group activity. It's really casual and they make you feel really comfortable. You'll meet the faulty, do a writing portion and then have your one-on-one interview. The whole process takes a little less than 3 hours. Truly nothing to be nervous about:)

Hey Guys!
I decided to write Nicole Kent an email asking about my application status and today she finally replied but it wasn't so great. She told me that if a decison had been made about my application that I would have been notified by the school. That OSU is still in the process of conducting interviews and final decisions will be made in late March/early April.
I am so confused because other people are finding out so does this mean that your not accepted or what?

Pharmvp did you email Nicole or Angela?

Does anyone know yet if the other groups have found out their outcome? This is so frustrating..:eek:

Hey Guys!
I decided to write Nicole Kent an email asking about my application status and today she finally replied but it wasn't so great. She told me that if a decison had been made about my application that I would have been notified by the school. That OSU is still in the process of conducting interviews and final decisions will be made in late March/early April.
I am so confused because other people are finding out so does this mean that your not accepted or what?

Does anyone know yet if the other groups have found out their outcome? This is so frustrating..:eek:

I had emailed Nicole.

I know how it feels not knowing. But you know it's not over yet. Like the email said, they are still in the process of interviewing and that they have not denied you yet. So hold in there, I'm sure you'll do just fine (I know its easy for me to say but truly receiving an interview at OSU is huge AND YOU crossed that mountain already. They are interested in you but just want to see others as well). Waiting is frustrating and I hope you hear good news soon :)

Hey Guys!

During our Pharm building tour with Angela she mentioned that if you're accepted that you will hear back from them. However, if you do not hear back from them (within a week or two I'm assuming) it means you are wait listed. So after the interviews are done if they have spots left they will start picking from the pool of wait listed applicants. After that is filled the only way in is if someone rescinds their acceptance, which is not entirely impossible. I was in an internship last summer and a person waitlisted at Western University in Pomona was called a week before classes to enter their program. Keep your head high! There's still chance left. I wish you the best.

Hey Okie!
Thanks for the info. Did your friend find out anything yet? I know they were in my interview group?
Thanks

Thanks pharmvp for the encouragement! Did anyone in your interview group find anything out besides you?

Hey Okie!
Thanks for the info. Did your friend find out anything yet? I know they were in my interview group?
Thanks

Actually yea. They got in. I just found out a few minutes ago through my roommate. OSU isn't number one though, she really wants USC but she's wait listed there and she's waiting to hear back from UOP. So I guess she's waiting until the last day until accepting.

I had emailed Nicole.

I know how it feels not knowing. But you know it's not over yet. Like the email said, they are still in the process of interviewing and that they have not denied you yet. So hold in there, I'm sure you'll do just fine (I know its easy for me to say but truly receiving an interview at OSU is huge AND YOU crossed that mountain already. They are interested in you but just want to see others as well). Waiting is frustrating and I hope you hear good news soon :)
Speaking of frustrating, I haven't heard if I'm even going to be offered an interview yet? Am I being silly thinking I still have a shot?

Speaking of frustrating, I haven't heard if I'm even going to be offered an interview yet? Am I being silly thinking I still have a shot?

Well, I think you'd still have a chance till march, when they said they would finish interviews. Each session is 12 people. They had early decision and 3 to 4 sessions after that. If you assume 50% acceptance per interview thats 6 per session. So 24 for the interviews so far and maybe 12 for early decision? 36 out of 80 open. I'd say you still have a chance. Even if you're waitlisted, you have a chance. My friend probably won't accept it if she gets accepted elsewhere so that's an open spot. Like I said a few posts back, I knew someone who got in a week before the fall semester started. Don't give up hope!

I agree with Okie7123. Someone had mentioned that they received an email from OSU saying they are still interviewing though March. You definitely still have a chance. It is stressful and frustrating, but keep reminding yourself that it is still early Feb.

Last edited:
I sent my deposit in last week and still have not received a confirmation. I was going to wait to the end of this week before contacting them. For those who got confirmation, did you hear back pretty soon? and will I be receiving some sort of package ?

Thanks pharmvp for the encouragement! Did anyone in your interview group find anything out besides you?

I only knew one person from my interview group (we volunteered together) but I'm not sure if he heard back or not. I'm not sure about the other 10 either.

I sent my deposit in last week and still have not received a confirmation. I was going to wait to the end of this week before contacting them. For those who got confirmation, did you hear back pretty soon? and will I be receiving some sort of package ?

I would worry about it yet, after I sent in my conformation it took 2-3 weeks before I heard anything. Then they will send you some more info when you receive your comformation letter. Congrats on getting in!

Thanks tlarson for the info and the congrats. I'll just wait then. I'm just anxious and excited to get some more info... want to see what's next. : )

Also, we will be getting a more substantial packet late March or sometime in April regarding registering for classes and other official business. And is it just me or does anyone else want this semester end right now and head off to Corvallis?

Also, we will be getting a more substantial packet late March or sometime in April regarding registering for classes and other official business. And is it just me or does anyone else want this semester end right now and head off to Corvallis?

Nope it's not just you. I have this take home midterm essay that I am so not motivated to complete. I just end up looking for apartments or reading up more about the OSU program:rolleyes:. Can't wait to get the next two terms over with.

Thanks for the info..

I agree with both of you its hard to be motivated to study hard for classes, now that I let my spot go at another school I'm looking forward to heading up to OSU and getting started. Also I just found out they changed some of the curriculum for the P1 students and I think it makes the program better.

hi everyone, congratulations on the acceptances and invites. I am excited as well. But I'm worried about the housing also. I need to be there by June for the summer. I might drop by this March during Spring break to check the housing and financial aid stuff. But hopefully, we'll be receiving some additional information by that time so I can hit two birds in one stone.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=309259&page=5

This link has information about the outside campus housing...but if somebody knows more about housing in Corvallis or Eugene, we out-staters need more info.

hi everyone, congratulations on the acceptances and invites. I am excited as well. But I'm worried about the housing also. I need to be there by June for the summer. I might drop by this March during Spring break to check the housing and financial aid stuff. But hopefully, we'll be receiving some additional information by that time so I can hit two birds in one stone.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=309259&page=5

This link has information about the outside campus housing...but if somebody knows more about housing in Corvallis or Eugene, we out-staters need more info.

I may need to be there by July. A bit earlier than I expected. My plan before moving up to Corvallis is to hit up every stadium from San Diego to Seattle as I move with my belongings up there. Anyone else with fun road trip ideas????

Also, something I stumbled on that I thought was funny...

http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/ComicArchive/033.htm

I may need to be there by July. A bit earlier than I expected. My plan before moving up to Corvallis is to hit up every stadium from San Diego to Seattle as I move with my belongings up there. Anyone else with fun road trip ideas????

From when I took the campus tour and talked to the students, I understood that most apartments become vacant by june or july 1st, but it is possible to have an apparment for 2 weeks-month "put on hold for you". I'm not sure how exactly that works, but one of the students suggested it and said the apartment found for them in june, was held for them until august with no rent payments. Why are you moving there so early, may I ask ? Do you have to finish up pre-reqs or are you moving solely because of the rent situation ?

The thing that worried me the most when I visited is the absence of Trader Joe's in Corvallis and the lack of decent food places. Everything with two exceptions seem to be very fast food oriented, definitely lots of junk food places on campus, this may not be a concern to some people, but to a health nut like myself, this is definitely troublesome. :cool:

BTW: Did you guys see the rockclimbing wall ? Extraordinary to say the least. :thumbup:

I think the state is an agricultural place as far as I know. They have farms that grow fresh vegetables and they also have blueberry picking :). I like traders joe's as well as whole foods but something similar should be there. I've heard there's a lot of good things going on in Eugene which is not far away from Corvallis. Most of the people I've talked to really like the environment and atmosphere. Since I'm used to moving around, it should be less transition for me to adjust.

If I'm not eating healthy, hopefully I'll compensate that by working out at their huge gym :)...which should be part of the tuition :) yey!!! Yeah, their rock climbing is nice :)

I finally received an interview offer! How did the interviews go for those who have had them already. I just got back from Midwestern-Glendale, and their interview process was 6 hours with group interviews. Are the interviews group or individual, and is there a lot of downtime? How stressful was the essay portion?

I'm just so excited! :D

I finally received an interview offer! How did the interviews go for those who have had them already. I just got back from Midwestern-Glendale, and their interview process was 6 hours with group interviews. Are the interviews group or individual, and is there a lot of downtime? How stressful was the essay portion?

Congratz on the invite! The interview over is about 3-4 hours. It's a one-on-one type of interview, 2 interviewer vs. 1 student. Downtime, as I remember we just had 5 minutes break. The schedule was pretty smooth and timed, things happen next to the other but it was never stressful.

Congrats ! Don't be too stressed out, this has been the most enjoyable stress-free interview of my life. It flowed very smoothly and was well organized, only took about 3 hours total. Great presentation about the school, had a chance to talk to different students - P4 and P2, got introduced to the faculty, then interview and essay depending on which group you get in. I was really positive, confident and outgoing during my interview, and that made me shine and I got accepted the day after.

I finally got the joke after looking for a while but yeah Mr. suppository seems so tiny to be a suppository...Lol what a nerdy joke...:laugh:

Live off campus, if possible. There are a few property management places in town. Pinion is on about 14th and Monroe, just off campus. Sterling is also in the vicinity. Duerksen is on 9th and Grant.

In terms of reliability it goes

Duerksen>Pinion>>Sterling

Just keeping our thread from falling into SDN obscurity! Keep posting :p

Just keeping our thread from falling into SDN obscurity! Keep posting :p

Thanks for keeping the thread alive:)

I still haven't received a confirmation and the check has not gone through either.. It's been about 2 weeks... freaking out:scared:. I hope the mail isn't lost somewhere:confused:

Thanks for keeping the thread alive:)

I still haven't received a confirmation and the check has not gone through either.. It's been about 2 weeks... freaking out:scared:. I hope the mail isn't lost somewhere:confused:

Don't worry about it. I just looked at my statements cuz I never checked when it was deposited...I wrote the check on Dec 24 and it was deposited Jan 21. I'm assuming the wait is due to the following. Nicole Kent should contact you soon asking for all your transcripts that you sent to pharmCAS because the OSU office of admissions also needs your info and PharmCAS doesn't present hard copies. So I sent mine a few weeks prior and it would make sense that my transcripts arrived on the 21. Just a guess. Don't worry. If they have yet to recieve your deposit and your deadline is up I'm sure they'd contact you to see your intentions...at least that happened with another school that I got into that I forgot to decline.

And a funny side note...they only recently deposited my $50 fee for the interview date.... Feb 18! A month after the $200 deposit for all intents and purposes