oregon state university anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you that flew to oregon, how'd you get to the campus? car or shuttle? how much did transportation to and from the airport run you?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that flew to oregon, how'd you get to the campus? car or shuttle? how much did transportation to and from the airport run you?

I stayed at Best western in Corvallis. Shuttle from Eugene airport to Corvallis cost me 60 $, and the cab from Best Western cost me about 7 $ with the tip, but it's more like a 5 $ cab ride, it's very close. I think you'll like the school. if you have time after interview, stick around and ask for a free tour, they also offer free tours of the gym - check out the phenomenal rock climbing wall !

I stayed at Best western in Corvallis. Shuttle from Eugene airport to Corvallis cost me 60 $, and the cab from Best Western cost me about 7 $ with the tip, but it's more like a 5 $ cab ride, it's very close. I think you'll like the school. if you have time after interview, stick around and ask for a free tour, they also offer free tours of the gym - check out the phenomenal rock climbing wall !

Thanks! I think i'll go for a rental car since i found one for ~$50/day (with the underage fee). Just google "[anyrentalcarcompany] coupons."

I'll def do the tour. Maybe i can challenge the tour guide to a climb-off. or maybe challenge my interviewer...

Members don't see this ad :)
Coming from California I had two option two options. Fly into Eugene after a 3 hour layover in Seattle or fly to Portland. I chose the latter. It was great because I got to see where we'll spend our last 2 years in the program and my roommate works for Enterprise so I got a very discounted rental car (also for under 25 yr old driver). Cost me about $60 overall including gas for the car. Flight cost me $78 because my cousin works for Alaska Airlines. Stayed at Days Inn for $50. Kind of a piece, especially when I road tripped with my other roommate to AZ for midwestern and stayed at the Days Inn there. Overall Great experience. I recommend the rental car so that you can explore Corvallis on your own for a reduced price. As for tours. Get one. I didn't but I had a great time exploring on my own and sneaking into Reeser Stadium and the baseball field to take panoramas and such :)

Has anyone who had February interviews heard anything back yet?

So who are having interviews lately? When is it?
As for others, what pre-requisites are you guys working on?

But in reply to homeskillet. I think my trip was pricey but fun. It was actually my first time flying of by myself. My ticket was four times Okie's since it was December, 2 week ranged to book the flight and I didn't have a cousin working on airlines...(I wish though hehe). I took the California to EUG airport then requested a shuttle service as soon as arrived. The airport isn't busy so I guess you have a lot of options to choose from whether you can rent a car or take a shuttle. I forgot the price of the shuttle it was about $55 (one way or both ways I forgot). I stayed in Hilton Inn where they have a restaurant bar on the mainfloor and was a walking distance to the Reeser Stadium (but the breakfast isn't free, I'm surprised).

I guess I had my question answered in the best way possible. I'm in as of yesterday afternoon!

Congrats Quickbeam! :) It feels great to finally know, huh?

What was your interview date? Early Feb or late? I interviewed on Feb 20 and am dying to hear from them......

Thanks pharmvp! Yes it feels ridiculously good, no offense to anyone who hasn't heard yet. My interview was early February-- I was starting to get worried myself because it was closer to a month and they had originally said we'd hear back in 2-3 weeks.

Congrats to those who got in!
My interview was Jan. 16th and I haven't heard anything. When do they let you know if you are an alternate? after the late March/early April deadline that Angela told us.

I'm just so tired of waiting.. I really want to know even if it is bad news.

I just interviewed there last friday (3/6) and Angela told us that we should be getting a reply through email by the end of March. They also said that they have one more scheduled interview day left (next friday). Good luck to those still interviewing.

Has anyone with an interview near the end of February heard anything from Oregon State (acceptance, rejection, information on the timeline)? I am starting to feel very anxious.

For those of you waiting to get in...there may be a spot opening soon. My friend also got in but she's a bit indecisive and placed deposits at 4 different schools. She's leaning toward USC so potential space coming soon!

ah dangit me too. from email. oh, well. It was nice to be interviewed. Big leap from those that didnt get an interview. Hope you got in somewhere :)

I visited this place. Their place is furnished as well. Maybe costly but 5 minutes away from the pharm school. PM if u have questions.

http://www.housingnorthwest.org/studenthousing/osu/index.asp

Well, in relation to the rent in CA, it's not costly. Near my college in Fullerton, a studio can go for near $1000 not including utilities. $650 for a studio and all utilities plus cable and high speed internet sound pretty good to me :) I also love that I can walk to the pharm building in less than 5 minutes. Just got a room there. I've talked to Nicole Kent about the residence and she said every student that has lived there so far in the pharm program has had no complaints :)

thanks transzincIIB for the suggestion. I went apartment hunting couple of days ago and that was the first place I went. They only had one room left. I decided that since it was the only place I had seen so far, I would only put a deposit down to be on the waitlist and not guarantee that last room. Then after leaving and thinking about all the positives, like Okie7123 mentioned above, I decided to get the last room. Went back 10 min later and it was gone:(. Oh well.lol

Parkwest apartments were my other choice. I believe they are only 3 1/2 blocks away from campus and their apartments are pretty big but definitely older than the GEM. I think the GEM is only 2-3 years old.

did anyone get interviewed here, denied, then get sent a brochure about transferring?

it's a generic brochure that includes undergrad, and other grad programs. Do you think theyre encouraging something? Wonder how many people got this. On the osu pharm FAQ page, they say "on extremely rare" cases there have been people who transferred. more details about requirements for that there.

http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/future-students/pharmd/faq