Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got a rejection email... opens up a spot for one of you folks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview invite! Is anyone else scheduled for January 12th?

I just received an interview invite for Jan. 12th also!!! Exciting and scary that the date is less than two weeks away. This is my first interview, how about you Pharm47?

I just received an interview invite for Jan. 12th also!!! Exciting and scary that the date is less than two weeks away. This is my first interview, how about you Pharm47?

I interviewed at Pacific and USC. I'm glad I had the "practice," but I'm still nervous for OSU. The program had so many applicants, so I know the interview is going to be pretty important. Now I just need to find a way to get out of work...

What are your stats. I'd kinda like to size up the competition.
3.5 Sci,3.58 Cum BS Chem(Biochem option) Bio Minor
No pharm exp. Out of state applicant:confused:

What are your stats. I'd kinda like to size up the competition.
3.5 Sci,3.58 Cum BS Chem(Biochem option) Bio Minor
No pharm exp. Out of state applicant:confused:

In-state applicant.
BA Biology.
3.86 cum, 3.94 sci
~70 hrs. shadow/volunteer in pharmacy (OSU only knows about 16 hrs.).

So yeah, a few dozen more like you and I can kiss my chances goodbye.:oops:

GPA and stats just get you in the door. A good interview could easily put you above a 4.0 gpa, 10-year pharm tech applicant. Stay positive!!

Anyone else heard back about an interview that didnt apply ED?

Hey, for those that already got the interview, when did you all heard the news and is it from email or snail mail? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard January 2nd and it was by email about the January 12th interview.

Does anyone know if OSU waits to do all its interviews beforing letting you know if you are in/out or on the waitlist or do you find out a short time after the interview?

*bump* for upcoming interviews

Just thought I would share my info for anyone else anxiously waiting. I got an e-mail Friday the 19th for an interview on Friday the 26th, hope that helps!

Rxbeaver, is that all for this month? Only 7 days notice? :eek: Gee.....

I have yet to start pre-pharmacy in the fall but I'm definitely going to apply there when the time comes.
My motivation:
91151838_f8d1068444.jpg

*gasp*... it's gorgeous!!! :)

That picture looks amazing, the campus is truely green and beautiful but a large chunk of the year is cold and it rains often. But if you don't mind the rain then it is worth it for those few months where the campus is full of vibrant colors.

Yeah it does, but even in person it looks better than SoCal :cool:

Agreed. There's something to be said for clean air. As much as I loved my four years breathing in the yellow-brown air of L.A., I am so happy to be back in the Northwest. It may rain a lot, but that's why it's so beautiful!

For those of you who have interviewed, did they mention how many interview dates there will be in total, and about how many were interviewed at each date? I'm still waiting......waiting....waiting.....

I think OSU likes to keep the interview sessions small, the first session had 11 students and they will interview until Middle of April is what I remember being said. Last year they interviewed about 190 kids. So I would think the interviews will start having more applicants at each date as time goes on unless they have hold interviews every week. They have only had 2 interview dates so there is still a lot of kids to interview, keep up hope!

At my interview there were only about 10-12 of us, all in-state. I've also heard that the total number interviewed is somewhere between 175-200, so the vast majority of interviews are still to come. I know they've sent out some rejections too, so if you have not gotten one of those your still lookin good!

Thanks for the responses, Idesiretosling and RXbeaver! If they've invited mostly/only instate applicants, then I feel better! I haven't received a rejection yet, but wait til they see my fall grades. :scared: I wish I had interviewed on the 26th though, so that I could've finished two interviews in Oregon for the price of one! I love socal but I have to admit, Oregon is soooo beautiful. I miss the MAX.

I believe my interview session was all in state applicants also.

*bump*

any news?

Apreciate all the info others have provided on this forum

Hey all, I got an interview for March 23.

Congratulations to the both of you on the interviews. Are you guys Oregon residents, have interviews at any other schools?

Hey all, I got an interview for March 23.

How'd you guys get so much notice?

I was notified 10/05 (or 10/6) of interview 10/13/07, and RXbeaver and Idesiretosling only got 7-10 days notice.

Guess they were behind or maybe got complaints. Glad to hear your getting good notice now.:thumbup:

OMG you guys!! I just got an invite for Friday, March 9. This is totally unexpected. I'm sooooooooooo excited. Is anyone else going on my day??
Gee.... I was just in Portland too. There goes more money.

YAY!! i am so happy for you! my friend has the same interview date as you.

Thanks, I'm happy too! But at the same time, I'm scared..OSU seems pretty tough to get into.

I think the FAQs section of Oregon State's COP website said that last year about 45%ish of the people interviewed were offered a acceptance. I am still really nervous and anxious to hear back from them. Waiting until April is going eat me alive.

Wow...45% is actually pretty good compared to other schools. Will everyone who gets an interview have to wait until April to hear any good/bad news?? That's a really looooong time.

How'd you guys get so much notice?

I was notified 10/05 (or 10/6) of interview 10/13/07, and RXbeaver and Idesiretosling only got 7-10 days notice.

Guess they were behind or maybe got complaints. Glad to hear your getting good notice now.:thumbup:

Hey, Ya im surprise I got so much notice, over a month. I know some people that got less than a week notice. They are pretty random I guess. I am an Oregon resident and I had an interview with Pacific at Hillsboro... And thanks all.

Does anyone know of any good/cheap places to stay at near the campus? If anyone knows of nearby hotel/motel that is willing to drive students to the campus for free, I'll be grateful to you forever. I really wanna book mines early this time. :D

Does anyone know of any good/cheap places to stay at near the campus? If anyone knows of nearby hotel/motel that is willing to drive students to the campus for free, I'll be grateful to you forever. I really wanna book mines early this time. :D

I stayed at the Econolodge, cost me $50/night. Just remember you get what you pay for. The Econolodge is right off the main throughfare heading East out of town and the one heading North as well (Hwy 99 if I remeber right). Traffic noise in the morning primarily. There were a couple other hotels on the same street. It was "okay" really nothing more than a bed and shower, but I guess if you're a starving student beggars can't be choosers.

At my interview they mentioned that they may make some decisions before April here and there, rejections and acceptances, but I think for the most part they tell you in April. I don't know if they meant first week in April or last week pushing into May! Keeping the interviews at small sizes is nice whiel your at the interview but afterwards just means we all have to wait longer to hear the news. I am suppose to be studying, but its so hard to motivate myself. I have a bottle of Knob Creek that I am hoping I will get to break open for a celebration drink in the next couple months....
So is OSU your first choice everyone?

I applied to Pacific University and Oregon State, I love the NW. I have had interviews at both and just waiting now. Both schools have pros and cons. Pacific seems like an intimate program, 3 years, right by Portland and you get to work in a Pharmacist from the first week until you graduate. OSU COP has been around and knows what they are doing, great faculty, established clerkships for 4th year, you get to spend 3rd year at OHSU and Portland is a great city. So many concerts to see and places to bike and hike.

Well back to studying for a while.......

I am in state, only applied to OSU.

Buddy of mine got an interview this Friday, 9th and another friend got interview March 16th.

I stayed at the Econolodge, cost me $50/night. Just remember you get what you pay for. The Econolodge is right off the main throughfare heading East out of town and the one heading North as well (Hwy 99 if I remeber right). Traffic noise in the morning primarily. There were a couple other hotels on the same street. It was "okay" really nothing more than a bed and shower, but I guess if you're a starving student beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks farmercyst--is this within walking distance to the school?? I'm hoping I could use public transportation like I did for the Pacific interview...although the MAX seems pretty far from OSU.....

Econolodge is about 1 mile from the Pharmacy Building. So it wouldn't be a bad walk, get a chance to see a little of the downtown area but there is always the chance of rain. I do not know the bus system in town but a taxi would cost like 5 bucks. Still pretty solid deal.:)

Thanks farmercyst--is this within walking distance to the school?? I'm hoping I could use public transportation like I did for the Pacific interview...although the MAX seems pretty far from OSU.....

No, it's quite a ways from campus on foot. It's probably 20+ blocks. The only one of the name brand hotels that close that I can remember was the Hilton Garden Inn (not sure of exact name,but it was Hilton brand) . It said it was on campus, but when I was looking at rates it was ~$100/night. There were a few Bed/Breakfasts close by, but also ~100/night. They may offer discounts, but I wouldn't know. I googled to get a 10% discount on my Alaska Air tickets because some college up there was having a parents day and somehow negotiated a discount. You might try the same for hotels.

Are any of you freshman/hs seniors applying for the EAP? If so, March 14 is the deadline. Heads up to any fellow EAP applicants.

ilovepharm, I got an email yesterday for interview on the same day. Any idea if there are two interview sessions or just one?