Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I kind of thought there might be since my interview is surprisingly late in the afternoon (2-4pm). What time is yours?? Does anyone from the previous interview dates know? :D

Members don't see this ad.

there was only one group when i had my interview. there was about 12 of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email with an acceptance! Yippee!

Just got an email with an acceptance! Yippee!

Hey Pharm47! Congratulations! It looks like I may not see you at Pacific next year..... I know you have a whole lot of deciding factors riding on this decision. I am happy for you, and good luck!

Hey Pharm47! Congratulations! It looks like I may not see you at Pacific next year..... I know you have a whole lot of deciding factors riding on this decision. I am happy for you, and good luck!

Thanks! I'm still not sure about what I'll do...I'm going to give myself a month to decide!!

pharm47, Congrats, congrats!! I believe OSU was your #1 choice. :D

Pharm 47 CONGRATULATIONS! That's great.

ilovepharm my interview is at the same time 2PM-4PM

Pharmpassion, I just sent you a PM! I'm so excited but veryyyy nervous.

Oh yes, and I emailed Angie today and she confirmed with me that there will be only ONE interview session for March 9--the 2-4PM one. I wish it wasn't so late. I wanted to fly out the same day.

Declined the interview offer. Albany finishes in 3 years and is closer to Toronto :D .

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is at the Portland campus at OHSU, luckily, since I'm going to rely on the MAX & streetcar. Did you guys hear about that new aerial tram they built that goes to the hospital or something? It seems cool!

Pharmpassion: Thanks for the info! I'm going to fly in at 8:20am and catch the 7:35pm flight home. My family never would've even thought I was in portland. :D

Pharm47: Thanks for the warning about trimet! I really wanted to visit OSU though.

My interview is at the Portland campus at OHSU, luckily, since I'm going to rely on the MAX & streetcar. Did you guys hear about that new aerial tram they built that goes to the hospital or something? It seems cool!

It is pretty cool looking. I run under it every couple of days. Only crappy thing is it cost Portlanders WAY more than it was expected to...and it really only serves the healthcare professionals working on the hill. I doubt many patients are using it ($4 one-way!).

Pharm47: Thanks for the warning about trimet! I really wanted to visit OSU though.

Yeah if you do decide on OSU, I'd recommend visiting Corvallis beforehand. I'll tell you this much...it is nothing like Portland. Granted it is only two years of the program...but still.

Hi everyone,

I am new. I am an interview on March 9th at 1 pm--I am kind of confused because I see others with 2 pm interviews.

I want to keep up to date on pharmacy current events. Does anyone know a good site I can go to...or if you guys know the major ones--let me know.

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome! I was in the first interview group, and my interview also started at 1pm. My interview was scheduled in Corvallis, but some other posters are interviewing at OHSU. This might be a reason for the different timing...I'm not sure.

In terms of pharmacy current events, I would just suggest reading the regulars (CNN.com, nytimes.com, etc). Keep your eye out for health-related stories. I always check the Health section and Business section (pharmaceutical companies are often in the headlines). Other than that, I didn't read any pharmacy-specific publications, and did just fine in my interviews.

Good luck in March!

Besides a pen for essay-writing and proper ID, what else should we bring to the interview? A notebook? A bottle of water? Please give some advices, thanks!

I brought a pen, pencil and my wallet to the interview. Nothing else is needed unless you want to bring a notebook to take down information or have questions prepared to ask in it.

my actual verbal interview was about 25 min...they asked questions about what i like to do..books i like to read...the usual "why pharmacy" question

my actual verbal interview was about 25 min...they asked questions about what i like to do..books i like to read...the usual "why pharmacy" question
that sounds good, not very tense/nervous at all. How about the essay???

that sounds good, not very tense/nervous at all. How about the essay???

I'm pretty sure I posted more detail somewhere in this thread, and I'd also suggest reading the Interview Feedback on OSU. My essay question was something like: "Do you think that all the results of drug studies should be published, whether they are positive or negative?" We had 25 minutes, and I'm pretty sure there was no right answer. I think it's more to make sure you wrote your own PharmCAS and supplmental essays...they are just looking for similar style and writing ability.

I have gathered information concerning OSU COP regular admission from this forum, and here is what has happened so far.

Interviewed candidates: Farmercyst (early admission interviewee, now part of regular admission), Pharm47, Idesiretosling, RXbeaver, islandgirl.

To be interviewed candidates: hellopharm, Omega168, ilovepharm, a friend of islandgirl, PharmPassion, mizzpharmacy.

Number of interview sessions: 1/12, 1/26, 2/9. 2/23 (?), 3/9 (two locations), 3/23, maybe one more in early April and one more sometime in Portland, so possibly 7 – 9 total.

Total number of interviewees: (7 or 9) x 11 (per session) + interviewees from early admission = 77 to 99 plus maybe 5 from early admission.

Number of open seats: Total – direct high school acceptance – early admission acceptance = (80 to 85) – (10 to 12) – (10 – 12) = about 60.

Except Pharm47, most of us probably have 45 to 50 more days to wait.

Any corrections?

I have gathered information concerning OSU COP regular admission from this forum, and here is what has happened so far.

Interviewed candidates: Farmercyst (early admission interviewee, now part of regular admission), Pharm47, Idesiretosling, RXbeaver, islandgirl.

To be interviewed candidates: hellopharm, Omega168, ilovepharm, a friend of islandgirl, PharmPassion, mizzpharmacy.

Number of interview sessions: 1/12, 1/26, 2/9. 2/23 (?), 3/9 (two locations), 3/23, maybe one more in early April and one more sometime in Portland, so possibly 7 – 9 total.

Total number of interviewees: (7 or 9) x 11 (per session) + interviewees from early admission = 77 to 99 plus maybe 5 from early admission.

Number of open seats: Total – direct high school acceptance – early admission acceptance = (80 to 85) – (10 to 12) – (10 – 12) = about 60.

Any corrections?

I thought they said you would know before spring break starts or during spring break?!? I think the last session is march 23?!?

Also, thank you pharm 47 for the information!

Any corrections?

Not a major change, but a change. Prev year interviews ~180 I'd imagine this year closer to the same, though I don't have any figures to back that up.

I'm going to call them after I get my PTCE results because I had to delay my BS by a quarter and want to tell them I passed the PTCE as well (fingers crossed) so that I balance the negative news with some positive. I'll probably ask them how things are progressing and hopefully get some more accurate numbers.

Does anyone know how many people applied?

Does anyone know how many people applied?
Hello,
I'm currently a P1 at OSU COP. Last year I had my interview up at OHSU. Last year they interviewed about 180 students and its similar this year. I have personally seen the interviewers (my lab is on the same floor on Fridays when interviews are held). I heard that they had about 1000 applicants this year. I interviewed in March and all the decisions are mailed out and received by the first week of April.

The March 9th interviews (and possibly others) will be held at both OSU and OHSU. This is a weirdo question, but do you know if both campuses will have the same types of interviewers? Like, will OSU have mostly OSU professors/students and OHSU have mostly OHSU faculty/students, or will this be a complete mixer type of thing?

Just wondering if all will be equal. :D

Here is a link for 2006 numbers and I copied them below:

www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schooloregonstatepage.htm

Statistics for 2006 Entering Class Acceptees *
Total PharmCAS completed applications received – 975
Number interviewed – 150?Number accepted – 85?Estimated entering class size - 90
Number Early Assurance students - 15?
• Data as of April, 2006

I assume the 150 interviewees include regular and early admissions, maybe even direct high school acceptance.

I'm cracking up right now because I just received an interview invitation with Oregon State! :) Why am I laughing? Because I'm out-of-state and they arranged for me to interview with an alumni located near me. The funny thing is that she's one of the pharmacists I volunteered for for 2 years :laugh: . And I always go back to visit them (and get prescriptions filled) and talk story with all of the pharmacists as a lot of them, including her, knew me since I was little (my mom works for the hospital administration). Weird. And you're going to call me crazy but I'm going to decline it. I already got into a school that I would pick over Oregon State. Good luck everyone! :luck:

Omgosh you're so lucky!! I didn't know they were so considerate over as OSU. What a smalll, smalll world. What state are you from??

I'm cracking up right now because I just received an interview invitation with Oregon State! :) Why am I laughing? Because I'm out-of-state and they arranged for me to interview with an alumni located near me. The funny thing is that she's one of the pharmacists I volunteered for for 2 years :laugh: . And I always go back to visit them (and get prescriptions filled) and talk story with all of the pharmacists as a lot of them, including her, knew me since I was little (my mom works for the hospital administration). Weird. And you're going to call me crazy but I'm going to decline it. I already got into a school that I would pick over Oregon State. Good luck everyone! :luck:

:wow:, Wish I could be so lucky. Thanks for declining, there's no way you couldn't have breezed through that interview and gotten in. Maybe they'll give me a chance after all.

The March 9th interviews (and possibly others) will be held at both OSU and OHSU. This is a weirdo question, but do you know if both campuses will have the same types of interviewers? Like, will OSU have mostly OSU professors/students and OHSU have mostly OHSU faculty/students, or will this be a complete mixer type of thing?

Just wondering if all will be equal. :D

I wonder if interviews held at OSU are for in state students, and at OHSU for out of state????
And I hope that it will be equal too!!!! it better be...

:wow:, Wish I could be so lucky. Thanks for declining, there's no way you couldn't have breezed through that interview and gotten in. Maybe they'll give me a chance after all.

If I really did go through with the interview, I think I would feel really awkward. It would just be weird to have a formal conversation with someone I know beyond just introductions. What's funny is that I actually visited the pharmacy just YESTERDAY. I had a doctor appointment in the same building as the pharmacy (outpatient), so I stopped by on my way to the parking garage. I said the usual hi's to everyone, but I didn't get to talk to her because she was busy on the phone. I wonder if she knew about this when I saw her :p

But anyways, I wouldn't want to waste an interview spot if I knew I wasn't going to even choose OSU in the end. And I have several friends who haven't gotten interviews at all and applied to OSU, so I'm hoping my spot will go to one of them (since it's out-of-state interviews).

I just got the acceptance email like 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!!! Is it too early to hit the bars? hahahaha

Interviewed Jan 12th
current OSU undergrad will finish BS Biology this summer
3.6 Science
3.4 overall
Close to 100 of tech experience
Some leadership roles like baseball and football coach for youth.

I just got the acceptance email like 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!!! Is it too early to hit the bars? hahahaha

Interviewed Jan 12th
current OSU undergrad will finish BS Biology this summer
3.6 Science
3.4 overall
Close to 100 of tech experience
Some leadership roles like baseball and football coach for youth.

Congrats!!!!! You must be doing some kind of happy dance right now, cause I would be! :D

Does anyone know when is the last interview date???

I talked to Nicole Kent today and she said they try to wrap things up by Spring break. I'd say that makes the last interview mid-late March. Acceptance letters out late March/early April. That's if they don't get behind.

I was wondering... anybody know if OSU is rolling admissions?.... I should really know this but Im just curious at the moment. Also I think the last interview is March 23rd, which is my interview date. Kinda sad that I am last, or to be positive, they are saving the best for last.

I was wondering... anybody know if OSU is rolling admissions?.... I should really know this but Im just curious at the moment. Also I think the last interview is March 23rd, which is my interview date. Kinda sad that I am last, or to be positive, they are saving the best for last.

Yes they do process applications in order received and they accept a few people as the application process is going on but the bulk of letters are sent out at the end in April. So far 3 SDNers have been accepted, all from the first interview date and I know of 1 OSU undergrads that got accepted this week that interviewed 2 weeks ago. Also I think they accepted around 8 people from early decision and I don't know how many ED from high school students there will be this year. Still lots of spots open! March 23rd will be here before you know it and you will probably hear back from them within 2 weeks!

Are you a current OSU student? Stats if you don't mind?

Hey... ED doesnt involve HS'er. EAP is for HS'er. And ya im a current OSU student and I'll have my BS in GS after this school year. My GPA is only 3.3 culm. Just curious what is your name?

Well guys, I've decided to stick with OSU, can't wait to start! Does anyone use Facebook? I was thinking of getting a group started for OSU class of 2011, maybe that would help us get to know each other before next fall. My roomate is a P2 this year, and their class goes on trips and sometimes does things together, I hope ours will be the same way! Lets keep this thread updated with everyones status as they hear back from OSU.

idesiretosling: Have you gotten your application packet in the mail yet? Im still waiting on mine and im wondering what the exact deadline will be....

Well guys, I've decided to stick with OSU, can't wait to start! Does anyone use Facebook? I was thinking of getting a group started for OSU class of 2011, maybe that would help us get to know each other before next fall. My roomate is a P2 this year, and their class goes on trips and sometimes does things together, I hope ours will be the same way! Lets keep this thread updated with everyones status as they hear back from OSU.

idesiretosling: Have you gotten your application packet in the mail yet? Im still waiting on mine and im wondering what the exact deadline will be....

I haven't got my application packet yet, I will email Angela tomorrow and see when we should expect it. I use Facebook, a class of 2011 group sounds like a good idea. OSU seems to have a small presence on SDN though. What classes are you taking right now? Only prereq class I am taking right now is
Z 431 and the rest of my classes are for my major.

Out of curiosity what made you choose OSU over Pacific?

I'm with you, can't wait to start.

I haven't got my application packet yet, I will email Angela tomorrow and see when we should expect it. .

Is there another application besides the one they send when you get the interview? I got a PDF application in early January, but I'm assuming it must be different since it was supposed to be part of the supplemental, it just wasn't ready for the ED candidates.

Woops, I didn't mean application packet. I was wondering when they would send all the paperwork to sign about admission and requesting the deposit for a seat.

The only paperwork I turned into OSU was the supplemental essay before the interview and th paperwork we brought to the interview with our current address and social and all that good stuff on it. Sorry about the confusion.

I hope you get some good news from them soon Farmercyst. Like to see some SDN folks end up in Corvallis.

I already received and returned the paperwork with the deposit. If I remember correctly, there wasn't another "application," just a form to send with the check ($200). I've also been contacted by their admissions people requesting I send official transcripts from all my schools. Apparently they never get the officials from PharmCAS, so now they need their own copies.

I already received and returned the paperwork with the deposit. If I remember correctly, there wasn't another "application," just a form to send with the check ($200). I've also been contacted by their admissions people requesting I send official transcripts from all my schools. Apparently they never get the officials from PharmCAS, so now they need their own copies.

Hey Pharm, how long did it take for them to get you the form requesting the 200 bucks? I will probably contact Angela today regardless though.

Hey Pharm, how long did it take for them to get you the form requesting the 200 bucks? I will probably contact Angela today regardless though.

I think it was just a couple of days after they sent the email notifying me of acceptance. I can't seem to keep track of things these days! I got the offer 2/8, and then the confirmation of deposit received 2/24.

If you do talk to her today, could you find out when we should expect to get paperwork/more info about registering, etc?