Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yea.. either way its either before or after April 1st.... which isnt too far away. 200th yay...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so has anyone found out yet? or knows someone who has found out?

Any news???? Acceptance or rejection???

I talked to a friend who works in the pharmacy building and she said that they are still not completely done with the admission process, I guess they are having a really tough time deciding, they are having to put some strong candidates on the alternate list...she didn't know when they would be done. My friend is going into talk to them tomorrow and find out when they will notify people. I will update tomorrow with the response he gets. Keep the faith!!!

I talked to a friend who works in the pharmacy building and she said that they are still not completely done with the admission process, I guess they are having a really tough time deciding, they are having to put some strong candidates on the alternate list...she didn't know when they would be done. My friend is going into talk to them tomorrow and find out when they will notify people. I will update tomorrow with the response he gets. Keep the faith!!!

thanks for the information.

More waiting????!!!!! I though we would find out right after spring break..... but I guess not......

I heard that by the end of next week... everybody should know their fate.

I interviewed on 3/9, and only one of my two checks (the one for college of pharmacy) has been cashed, and it was on the 16th.

I know they will refund one check amount to any interviewees who were not accepted.

How about the cashing of your checks?

They haven't cashed my check either....I am hoping to hear from them very soon....

Any updates???

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to give you a quick update on what’s going on with your Pharm.D. application. The admissions committee is meeting and meeting some more to make these very difficult decisions. We will have another meeting next week to finish up our decisions.

Please sit tight and be patient. I will do everything in my power to have an answer to you by the end of next week.

If you are not an OSU students (and haven’t done so already) please send Nicole Kent ([email protected]) a copy of your winter term grades. These can be unofficial and we need them by tomorrow (April 6) at 5pm.

We need to send in our winter grades?.... Thought they arent accepting those...

Looks like they are going to factor in Winter term grades in the final decision making, maybe everything is really close and they need another deciding factor.

...Really? I talked to someone that asked Angela and she said the winter grade isnt a big factor since its not part of AU. But probably does hold some weight but I doubt much. Since it would be unfair to those applicants grades they dont have access to like out of staters.

Good point..... Well hopefully they can finish all the decisions by next week and notify everyone.

My grades from CSUSB were just posted yesterday. The email I got from Angela is almost verbatim from hellopharm (possibly exactly verbatim, but I just skimmed.) The grades don't have to be from official transcripts. I just saved an IE page with my grades on my schools "unofficial grade report" and sent that as an attachment. Nicole Kent emailed back and said that that should do just fine. So if you can get an electronic copy and send as an attachment it looks like that would work, otherwise, see if you can get an unofficial copy and fax it. Worst case scenario, you may have to call and beg for more time.

Just a bump, so this thread doesnt get lost in the void.

lol... and i'll be there to push it

Just received an email acceptance. Kind strange the letter began with "Hello, and my name was not listed, different from the interview invitation".

sorry to hear your rejection, farmer. You will get in somewhere. Cheer up and good luck!

Just received an email acceptance. Kind strange the letter began with "Hello, and my name was not listed, different from the interview invitation".

Congrats to you!
I received an acceptance email too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, my name wasnt listed either, Oh well...I AM ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!

i was put on the alternative list, which meant i didnt get in. unless i am very lucky. they are making me send in my spring term grades. =(

Congrats to you!
I received an acceptance email too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, my name wasnt listed either, Oh well...I AM ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!

Congrats to both of you!!! Happy to see some more SDN folks at OSU! Can't wait until September with orientation and Pharmacy School starting!!

Congrats again, it is a great accomplishment!

I received the offical letter Friday in the mail. BTW, I understand that we need to get certified for CPR and First-Aid before school. Has anyone done that? Where can we have them done? Thanks!

Congrats to both of you! I have been procrastinating the CPR and first-aid certifications, I was thinking about waiting till summer. Im assuming it should be available somewhere around Corvallis or maybe at LBCC, but I haven't really looked into it yet.

I spoke with Nicole and the CPR certification is offered at Dixon Rec during the summer and is cheaper than doing it through Red Cross.

I spoke with Nicole and the CPR certification is offered at Dixon Rec during the summer and is cheaper than doing it through Red Cross.

Way easy...took it at Dixon, cost like $40 and took 6-ish hours on a Sat.

Really chill.

A buddy of mine did not get in this year and he talked to the admissions people to see what needed to be improved on and they said pharmacy experience. I guess Oregon State likes to see some experience and solid knowledge of the field on your application and presented during the interview. Just throwing this out there for people applying next year.

A buddy of mine did not get in this year and he talked to the admissions people to see what needed to be improved on and they said pharmacy experience. I guess Oregon State likes to see some experience and solid knowledge of the field on your application and presented during the interview. Just throwing this out there for people applying next year.

That was the number one drawback to my application this year. I have zero experience. Out of state is probably on the list as well considering it's a public school.

That was the number one drawback to my application this year. I have zero experience. Out of state is probably on the list as well considering it's a public school.

The past few years around 80%, if I remember correctly, have been Oregon residents, according to Nicole, who usually presents this data in a "pharmacy information meeting" (not sure actually what it is called) each May for pre-pharm students on campus.

got accepted! :)
I'm from southern CA, so i'll have to pay out-of-state tuition. Anyone out-of-state accepted? Do you guys know the procedure to get residency after a year?...

also...need a roommate!..

Hey gang - for all of you newly accepted Beavers - are any of you accepted to both OSU & Pacific? I am trying to get a measure for those of us still on the waitlist at Pacific...

~above~

Hey Everyone,

Congratulations to those accepted & starting Fall 2007. I will be applying for Fall 2008 cycle this summer...anybody on these boards doing the same? Yeah, it's early, but the sooner I start thinking about this, the better. Who else is applying to OSU for F08?

Also, did you guys take the PCATS even though OSU doesn't look at them? I figure it wouldn't hurt. Why close a door willingly when people are trying to shove you out of others, eh? I will be taking them in August (to give me enough time to study...school is kind of hairy right now) and again *but hopefully not* in Oct.

Hi everyone,
I get accepted to OSU COP and I'm out of state student looking for housing around campus, do you guys have any suggestions ? and how's fillmore inn apartment ?? thank you so much~

Hi everyone,
I get accepted to OSU COP and I'm out of state student looking for housing around campus, do you guys have any suggestions ? and how's fillmore inn apartment ?? thank you so much~

Fillmore Inn is about 15 minute walk to the pharmacy building on campus, maybe 20 minute walk, so not too bad and they are right across the street from Fred Meyer super market. I have been in them once and for the price they seem okay. It is basically 4 studio rooms connected to one kitchen and bathroom, you have a private sink and mirror in your room. If you are looking to live alone Fillmore is cheap but you do have to share a kitchen and bathroom with "strangers". Most people in fillmore are quiet and respectful I have heard from friends who have lived there. A good sight to check out is....

http://beaverrent.com/

http://oregonstate.edu/career/nse/Website/Incoming/Base Pages/RentersGuide.htm

http://www.sterlingmanagement.net/subs/properties.html

Those are some good sites to get an idea of what is available in town. Also if you do not mind riding the bus to school or a bike ride there are also these apts...they are nicer than many of the closer apts and allow pets.

http://withamhill.com/

Good Luck apt hunting and feel free to ask anymore questions...Congrats on getting into the program!

Hey Everyone,

Congratulations to those accepted & starting Fall 2007. I will be applying for Fall 2008 cycle this summer...anybody on these boards doing the same? Yeah, it's early, but the sooner I start thinking about this, the better. Who else is applying to OSU for F08?

Also, did you guys take the PCATS even though OSU doesn't look at them? I figure it wouldn't hurt. Why close a door willingly when people are trying to shove you out of others, eh? I will be taking them in August (to give me enough time to study...school is kind of hairy right now) and again *but hopefully not* in Oct.

OSU dont take PCAT and if you plan on just applying to OSU, hope your not, dont even bother because they dont even bother looking at it.

Hi everyone,

Yanchan,

I am also looking for housing around campus. Maybe we could exchange info and help each other out? Let me know!:luck:

P.S. If you anyone feel like they are on the same boat as me then please message me or reply, thanks!