Organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

countdracula4u

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
organic

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here's a more realistic list, and I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high; the ones I have in bold are schools where your MCAT score is 2-3 points below their avg, and your GPA is ~ the same as the school avg. Thus, proceed with caution on these, but I feel you're in striking distance for some.

U VM
U Toledo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
MCW
Loyola
USF Morsani
Emory
BU
Mayo (both)
Duke
Case
JHU
Pitt
Northwestern
NYU
Vanderbilt
Columbia

Hofstra
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
UCI
UCD
UCLA
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire

Hey y'all, so I've been coming to this site for a long time, but I just created my account today because I'm a little stressed out on creating my school list. This is mostly cuz I've talked with friends who say I'm out of that top tier range yet too high for some of the middle tier medical schools. I'm a CA resident if that helps and would prefer to stay in the state (though I know all the California med schools are tough to get into).

Thanks for replying!!
SO would you recommend that I retake the mcat cuz I think with a little bit more of studying I can get a 518+ or should I focus on some more ECs? Is there anything I'm lacking that's holding me back from the top med schools (or is it more luck than anything)?
I think a 515 is solid. If you retake and score worse, that may not look good.

Reactions: 1 user
You're more likely to go down, stay the same or only go up one point, and then have Adcoms scratch their heads and wonder about your hubris and choice making, so no do NOT retake that wonderful MCAT score, unless you want me to reach across the electrons and smack you upside the head!

If you wish to improve your ECs, engage in service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Thanks for replying!!
SO would you recommend that I retake the mcat cuz I think with a little bit more of studying I can get a 518+ or should I focus on some more ECs? Is there anything I'm lacking that's holding me back from the top med schools (or is it more luck than anything)?

Reactions: 1 users