1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Orgo and the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by JulianCrane, Aug 12, 2002.

1. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

Just how detailed does the Orgo on the MCAT get? I mean, I finished the Orgo sequence in April and I'm taking the MCAT next year. I most likely will forget some stuff during that time. But, just how much detail is tested?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    not very. some nomenclature, sterochemistry, elimination and substitutions, some elementary reactions (grignard, diels alder, alkenes, etc), lab prep and sep, and a little bit of spectroscopy. I took orgo 4 years before taking the mcat and was suprised by how manageable it was and got a 13 on the bio. i'd say keep all your flashcards from o chem if you still have them, they might be useful.

dw

4. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm reviewing right now, to take it in april. and i took orgo in '97 and '98 academic year, and i'm still scoring excellent (in AAMC books), in berkeley review books, not so excellent. Granted, i did supreme in orgo, but i think they test more on stuff that are not memorized in orgo, but rather bigger concepts...
    i guess.

Sonya