orientation start dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luw

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post when your EM orientation started (for residents) or is going to start (for those of you who find out today!)

I'm trying to plan a wedding for June 2009 after graduation but before EM residency starts. Thanks!

I'm especially interested in programs in Cleveland, Akron, Pittsburgh

Members don't see this ad.

Please post when your EM orientation started (for residents) or is going to start (for those of you who find out today!)

I'm trying to plan a wedding for June 2009 after graduation but before EM residency starts. Thanks!

I'm especially interested in programs in Cleveland, Akron, Pittsburgh

They did start a thread of this last year. Did you try a search for it? I'm pretty sure the first half of June was free for most/all people.

June 18 is the first day you gotta be there at MetroHealth/Cleveland Clinic. They were pretty clear about that during the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Corpus Christi starts June 16th.

My wedding is in August, by the way!

Corpus Christi starts June 16th.

My wedding is in August, by the way!

Congratulations!!! btw...going to take some time getting used to the new name. you are going to have to pad more often so that it happens more quickly.

Congratulations!!! btw...going to take some time getting used to the new name. you are going to have to pad more often so that it happens more quickly.

Thanks!

Between dealing with my Realtor to make an offer on a house, dealing with the bank for a mortgage loan, and talking to every single family member and friend, it's been tough getting on SDN, but I should be back in the swing of things soon!

Anyone know how it usually works out when you're going from a transitional or prelim year to a PGY 1-3 program? Do you just show up to your program late, or do they usually push you to leave your program early?

Hey CorpusERdoc, were you OSUDoc08 back in the day?

thanks for the replies. I tried to search for a thread on this before I posted, but wasn't able to find anything.
Thanks again for the replies!
-luw

Denver June 16. My wedding is on June 7th, so I'll go from my honeymoon to orientation!

einstein starts june 23. prolly move into town june 1st.

George Washington- June 16th (general housestaff orientation)

When does Cook County start this year? Anyone know?

Indiana University - June 30