ORs Are Wild Jungles And We Are Apes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what I was taught wasn’t wrong. We are really just tube jockeys/monkeys. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
"...400 different clinicians, including attending surgeons, surgical fellows or residents, anesthesia providers, circulating nurses, and surgical scrub personnel (registered nurses or technicians).

Damn, three different levels of surgeon but one "anesthesia provider."

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m no Jane Goodall but I have definitely noticed point #3 quite often: That there is less conflict when the attending surgeon is of a different gender than the OR staff. Seeing that most of the OR nurses and scrub techs are female at my hospital this tends to mean that there is often a bit more tension when there is a female surgeon. I have never quite understood that.

I’m no Jane Goodall but I have definitely noticed point #3 quite often: That there is less conflict when the attending surgeon is of a different gender than the OR staff. Seeing that most of the OR nurses and scrub techs are female at my hospital this tends to mean that there is often a bit more tension when there is a female surgeon. I have never quite understood that.

I’ve noticed this too.
Nursing culture in general is very toxic. Of course not all nurses participate in that culture, but i would argue most do.

I’ve seen surgeons go ape ****

It’s called, JEALOUSY!!!