Ortho residents: laptop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LeagueofLigTies

Resident Orthodontist
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current ortho residents, how often do you find yourself using a laptop to work on patient cases? I’m looking into buying a laptop for residency, do you think a M1 air would be sufficient enough to run necessary software?
 
Not a current ortho resident but I had to use my laptop pretty frequently in early residency for either didactic classes or to work up cases.

You probably won't run the necessary software (e.g. Dolphin) natively - it's more likely that you will remote connect to a computer for that end of work ups. An M1 Air should be fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 256 and it has been good! I use a lot of cloud storage (box, dropbox, google drive) so it doesn't eat up too much of actual space.

Butttt if 512 is not too much of a big price jump then more storage provides peace of mind in a way