Orthopaedics interview cancellations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

residentfuture

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know its late in the game....but if anyone's cancelling their interviews could u please post the program name. many of us who dont have many could use extra interviews

Members don't see this ad.

This is not going to help you, at all. The program might decide to fill an empty slot, but if so they will work off of their waitlist. Contacting a program and saying "Hey, I know you had a cancellation and I want an interview" is unlikely to be effective. But, you certainly can try.

This is not going to help you, at all. The program might decide to fill an empty slot, but if so they will work off of their waitlist. Contacting a program and saying "Hey, I know you had a cancellation and I want an interview" is unlikely to be effective. But, you certainly can try.

I don't know if thats universally true. When I was applying, I was able to shake out an interview or two at the end because a place had last minute cancellations and the coordinator wanted to keep all the interviewers schedules full, and my email hit her desk at exactly the right time. It's an uphill battle though because you know you weren't the places first choice for an interview slot.