osteo residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12R34Y

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious about something. ARe there any AOA EM residencies? If there are, will you be able to practice in most hospital ER's without having completed an allopathic residency?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the AOA opportunities page. There are plenty and you will definetly be able to practice in any ER.

thanks for the great site and info, but my real concern is whether i will be able to work in almost any ER in the country with strictly a D.O. internship and residency. Will I be able to work in an ER that has only MD's. Do hospitals state preferences in hiring only certain physicians? thanks

I think that the quick answer to your question is, "yes." In the eyes of insurers and employers, the accrediting body of your residency (there are only two major ones, the AOA and ABMS) is less important than the fact that you have done one period! A lot of old-timer who trained in IM, family, or only have a 1-year post-graduate education are working in ER's these days...