OSU c/o 2017 Applicants!!!!

Started by Abnerrs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is this Ohio or Oklahoma???

IF IT'S OHIO....YAY!!!!! If it's OK, it's still okay, but not quite as awesome 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um, I hope you're making an NCSU one!!! you KNOW you wanna come HERE 😍!!!!!!
 
:laugh: It's Oregon

ha I was waiting for confirmation 😉 I thought I heard you were applying to Oregon, but I wasn't 100% sure. I love Oregon! It has been my top school ever since I started looking at schools (AKA since sometime in high school 🙄). That's kindof changed recently because the OOS cost is kindof high. But I still love it 🙂 went for a visit in March and it was lovely
 
Everytime I open my OSU supplemental and work on it, my computer restarts for updates in the middle of the night. This was the third time.
Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
 
Everytime I open my OSU supplemental and work on it, my computer restarts for updates in the middle of the night. This was the third time.
Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I e-mailed the school because I was having a similar problem- Adobe wouldn't save the information I was typing in- and Michelle Waldron replied saying that they were working on it and have, at least for now, put up a Word version of the app.
 
Yay Oregon!! I just moved here from OOS to attend this fall. Good luck to all applying this year!
 
I'll be applying this year too! I was all irritated that you can't save the info in adobe, but hopefully with the word doc that won't be a problem.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be applying this year too! I was all irritated that you can't save the info in adobe, but hopefully with the word doc that won't be a problem.

Yeah I have tried filling it out ange just leaving it open, but my computer doesn't want that

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
 
I want to fill out the application, but I know my computer will kill it by restarting magically in the middle of the night.
 
Hey, so has anyone submitted the supplemental yet? I have it all finished, but it won't save my work so I've just been keeping the window open on my browser. I pressed the "email" button a few times, but nothing happened... did anyone else have this problem? it says if the button doesn't work to save it and attach it in an email, but it wont save my work... help?
 
Hey, so has anyone submitted the supplemental yet? I have it all finished, but it won't save my work so I've just been keeping the window open on my browser. I pressed the "email" button a few times, but nothing happened... did anyone else have this problem? it says if the button doesn't work to save it and attach it in an email, but it wont save my work... help?

Oh yeah... So I guess if you have a certain version of adobe you can't save it (I had the same problem too). They have a doc up now that you can fill out instead. I hate to say this to you... but you're probably going to just have to fill it out using the word doc instead. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a way for you to get the PDF to them if you can't save it and the email button won't work. I had to physically email mine because the email button wouldn't work for me either. But I used a different computer with another version of adobe so that I could save.
 
Um, and when you guys submit it, are you naming the file anything in particular? Should I call it "Kernel's 2012 App" or something to that effect?
 
Anyone else get one of these in their inbox today? *SO* excited!

"Dear Kernel,

I would like to inform you that your application to Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine is complete.

Review of applications will begin shortly and notification of the outcome will occur between February and March.

..."

I was so worried that I had forgotten something :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everything will probably be quiet till January. Just scaring people

Oh I know. My family and friends keep pestering me and I'm like, NADA TILL JANUARY, PEEPS!! Either we're offered interviews (IS), or told flat out that they don't want us. Until then, holding my breath.
 
Yeah, I like the OOS Yes, No, Maybe So.

But we all have to wait. Sigh.

tumblr_mbpqafbBNg1rs18yd.gif
 
Wait, I thought out of staters got interviews? Are they not giving interviews to out of staters this year?
 
Wait, I thought out of staters got interviews? Are they not giving interviews to out of staters this year?

As others have said, no interviews! If you're OOS you just get an email telling you whether you're accepted or not. For those who are curious, I'm OOS and I got my email on January 13th. So I'd assume you'll hear sometime around then.

Sent from my PG06100 using SDN Mobile
 
Bumping this up and making people's hearts stop.

OOS acceptances last year went out mostly on 1/13. That is all
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Must have got them confused then, I'm OOS

Yeah, I think you guys get the yay or nay (or waitlist?) at the end of January. IS people will either get interview invites or flat out rejected at that point. Interviews are in February and then you finally hear back in March.