OSU Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an email in relation to the pre-requisite course review? Was wondering about how long it takes in relation to getting the supplemental application completion email.

Has anyone received an email in relation to the pre-requisite course review? Was wondering about how long it takes in relation to getting the supplemental application completion email.
I received the email of them receiving my supplemental/my application being complete on August 1st and then received the email stating I met the prerequisite requirements on August 3rd!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS and would you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks!!
Interview #4
Notification date:
9/07
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 9/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.98; 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/No
Method of interview: In Person 10/15

Interview #5
School: Ohio State University
Notification date: 9/7
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/15
Method of interview: In-Person

Anyone have an idea of when round two of invites should come out?

I would assume next wednesday. Since my friend got her app verified on the 3rd and I got mine verified on the 17th even though i submitted way before her. She got an interview invite. But the first two are usually for oos.
Hmmm not sure. Lots of OSU undergrad students I know in the first round! Mainly June applicants though

Hmmm not sure. Lots of OSU undergrad students I know in the first round! Mainly June applicants though
I applied june 15 and got my supplemental submitted july 7. The pre-req email was sent on 8/17. Im IS and my stats are 3.9cGPA and 3.89sGPA
DAT: 20AA/18TS/19PAT/26 Reading. I haven't received one yet. I am an OSU undergrad

I applied june 15 and got my supplemental submitted july 7. The pre-req email was sent on 8/17. Im IS and my stats are 3.9cGPA and 3.89sGPA
DAT: 20AA/18TS/19PAT/26 Reading. I haven't received one yet. I am an OSU undergrad
I got the same prepreq email on 8/17: "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Your application file is now complete. The next step in the application process is a review of your pre-requisite coursework. This process is conducted by the Graduate & Professional Admissions team. As a reminder, you must have 9 of the 13 pre-requisite courses completed at the time of application in order to be considered for an interview. Once the pre-requisite coursework review is complete we will notify you"
Have you gotten a notification yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same prepreq email on 8/17: "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Your application file is now complete. The next step in the application process is a review of your pre-requisite coursework. This process is conducted by the Graduate & Professional Admissions team. As a reminder, you must have 9 of the 13 pre-requisite courses completed at the time of application in order to be considered for an interview. Once the pre-requisite coursework review is complete we will notify you"
Have you gotten a notification yet?
Yes I did. I got that on 8/17. It states "Thank you for submitting your application to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Your application is complete and ready for review. All complete files will be considered for an interview (details to come). "

Does anyone else's status say "Received/Application complete" still? I got the application complete email on 8/17

Interview #3
School:
THE Ohio State University
Notification date: 09/23
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/10
Application complete date: 08/17
GPA (overall, science): 3.39, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/25/19/none
Method of Interview: In-person

For those who have received interview invites, are you bringing someone with you? They had said that you could bring a guest, but I haven't heard of anywhere else doing this and I don't know if I should or not. Thank you!
I’m not, but you can always contact them and clarify what event(s) they would be able to attend.

Has anyone who applied in early July and is an osu undergrad not receive an interview yet?

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Ohio State accept after the interview?

Has anyone received an invite this week?

Thanks!!
Interview #4
Notification date:
9/07
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 9/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.98; 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/No
Method of interview: In Person 10/15
when did you receive your secondary app?

Does anyone know if third round of interviews have been sent out? If so, then which date?

Does anyone know if third round of interviews have been sent out? If so, then which date?
The third round of interview invites went out on 10/7. Interview invites are sent out every two weeks, so the last round of interviews will likely be on 10/21 or possibly a little bit earlier.

Looks like the fourth round of interviews will be going out on Monday. I called the school and they told me that some had been sent out, but more would be sent on Monday.

Last edited:
I am unsure about today, but when I got my interview invite, it was in the evening around 4:30pm Eastern Time. Additionally, it seems like OSU sends information in the evening as well (at least to me). So, if I had to guess, more information will be sent towards the evening.

I am unsure about today, but when I got my interview invite, it was in the evening around 4:30pm Eastern Time. Additionally, it seems like OSU sends information in the evening as well (at least to me). So, if I had to guess, more information will be sent towards the evening.

Congrats! When was your app complete?

Interview #1
School:
The Ohio State University
Notification date: 10/24
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/26
Application complete date: 09/13
GPA (overall, science): 3.87, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/25/none
Method of Interview: In-person

Did anyone's status change from "application complete" to "under review"? Mine has only said "complete"

Did anyone's status change from "application complete" to "under review"? Mine has only said "complete"
My status never changed to under review before I received my invite, it went from "application complete" to "invited for interview"

My status never changed to under review before I received my invite, it went from "application complete" to "invited for interview"
It was the same for me as well. If I'm not mistaken, all four rounds of interviews have gone out, so if you haven't received one yet you'll have to apply for the next cycle.

For those who had an interview yesterday, how was it?