OSU Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview #1!
School: The Ohio State University
Notification date: 10/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 8/24 after supplemental, I received another application complete and under review email after the supplemental about 4 hours before I got my interview email
GPA (overall, science): 3.92, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/23/20/28/No
Method of Interview: In-person MMI

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How many OOS people are interviewed vs in-state
ADEA guide doesn’t disclose it, meaning OSU doesn’t disclose how many students they interviewed. However they accepted 121 IS apps from 244 applicants and 81 OOS apps from 540 applicants. This is for class of 2024.

So I’d assume they interview slightly more than accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say Dec 15 invites will be sent out at 10am or 10pm?

Heard they send acceptances out in batches versus letting everyone know the 15th. Heard on Reddit. Anyone have any truth to this?

Heard they send acceptances out in batches versus letting everyone know the 15th. Heard on Reddit. Anyone have any truth to this?
I was in the last batch I and they said we would know on Dec 15.

If I remember correctly, I believe they said around 10pm due to processing or something. However, I could have misheard.
I thought it was pm too but then I asked a student who said 10 am so I am not sure lol.

I was in the last batch I and they said we would know on Dec 15.
do you mean last batch of interviews? Sorry just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Did they say they would send out notification no matter what on 12/15? So acceptance/waitlist/rejection will all go out?

do you mean last batch of interviews? Sorry just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Did they say they would send out notification no matter what on 12/15? So acceptance/waitlist/rejection will all go out?
Yes, I was in the last interview batch, and they said we would hear back on Dec 15 during the interview day.

Did anyone else get the email about offers of admission not being released until at least 10pm on 12/15?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
someone on reddit said they saw their decision status in their buckeye portal. Might not hurt to check

How do you get to it
if you go to OSU's website, it's called "buckeye link" the link for it will be all the way at the bottom. You should've gotten instructions emailed to you about how to log in/create your account right around the time secondaries came out

if you go to OSU's website, it's called "buckeye link" the link for it will be all the way at the bottom. You should've gotten instructions emailed to you about how to log in/create your account right around the time secondaries came out
mine says
Please access the College of Dentistry website to view your application status.​

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know around how many OOS students get accepted off the waitlist?

Does anyone know around how many OOS students get accepted off the waitlist?
Also wondering this. I’m OOS on waitlist. I’ve read some old forums saying that a large percentage of OOS students that were waitlisted did receive an offer, unsure how accurate that is in recent years.

does anyone know if osu accepts letters of intent?