OSU Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #1!
School: The Ohio State University
Notification date: 10/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 8/24 after supplemental, I received another application complete and under review email after the supplemental about 4 hours before I got my interview email
GPA (overall, science): 3.92, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/23/20/28/No
Method of Interview: In-person MMI
 
Last edited:
How many OOS people are interviewed vs in-state
ADEA guide doesn’t disclose it, meaning OSU doesn’t disclose how many students they interviewed. However they accepted 121 IS apps from 244 applicants and 81 OOS apps from 540 applicants. This is for class of 2024.

So I’d assume they interview slightly more than accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heard they send acceptances out in batches versus letting everyone know the 15th. Heard on Reddit. Anyone have any truth to this?
 
I was in the last batch I and they said we would know on Dec 15.
do you mean last batch of interviews? Sorry just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Did they say they would send out notification no matter what on 12/15? So acceptance/waitlist/rejection will all go out?
 
do you mean last batch of interviews? Sorry just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Did they say they would send out notification no matter what on 12/15? So acceptance/waitlist/rejection will all go out?
Yes, I was in the last interview batch, and they said we would hear back on Dec 15 during the interview day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know around how many OOS students get accepted off the waitlist?
Also wondering this. I’m OOS on waitlist. I’ve read some old forums saying that a large percentage of OOS students that were waitlisted did receive an offer, unsure how accurate that is in recent years.