OSU Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: OSU Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: The Ohio State University College of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.59
DAT: 20.8AA, 20.4TS, 21.7PAT
Applied: 812
OOS: 540 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 81 Accepted
IS: 244 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 121 Accepted
International: 28 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 120
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.63
Science GPA: 3.57
DAT: 21.0AA, 20.5TS, 21.3PAT
Applied: 1,140
OOS: 848 Applied, 94 Accepted
IS: 257 Applied, 127 Accepted
International: 36 Applied, 5 Accepted
# Enrolled: 120
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.05-4.00
Overall: 3.14-3.99

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone received an email confirming that they have met the minimums?

I would love to go to OSU for so many reasons, but after receiving the supplemental application asking about my research experience and connection to OSU, I'm starting to wonder if I even stand a chance. I have minimal research experience, and I have don't really have strong connections to OSU. Is it probable that I won't even get an interview invite because of this and the facts that I'm OOS? In that case, should I stress about the supplemental essays (I have others that I need to complete as well)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to go to OSU for so many reasons, but after receiving the supplemental application asking about my research experience and connection to OSU, I'm starting to wonder if I even stand a chance. I have minimal research experience, and I have don't really have strong connections to OSU. Is it probable that I won't even get an interview invite because of this and the facts that I'm OOS? In that case, should I stress about the supplemental essays (I have others that I need to complete as well)?
I mean, you already paid the first fee, you’re halfway there. OSU is a state school and you know it’s selective on OOS students. You don’t necessarily need research experience but larger universities like OSU may like to see it but it shouldnt necessarily hurt you as much as you might think.

I would still apply. If it’s a school you’ve always wanted to attend you might as well try to apply

Has anyone else received the email from "OSU service desk" where you are prompted to set up an account with OSU? I received this after submitting my supplemental application and was wondering if this would end up being a portal to view application status? So far I don't see any use for it.

Has anyone else received the email from "OSU service desk" where you are prompted to set up an account with OSU? I received this after submitting my supplemental application and was wondering if this would end up being a portal to view application status? So far I don't see any use for it.
yes i got this as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What does everyone’s application status say on the ADEA portal?
And I saw someone else IS that got an interview on Reddit’s forums

My status says “received/under review”. Can you send a link to the Reddit forums? I tried finding it on Google but no luck

OSU is a huge school for midwestern applicants to apply to. I could be wrong but I believe the initial wave was on the smaller side. Otherwise this thread would have more interview invite posts. looking back through previous years, OSU sends lots of invites through late September and October. Still plenty of time for us!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine says “received/under review” and I'm OOS. App was completed around August 4th.

Mine recently changed to that as well. When did you apply?
I applied mid-June, but had my DAT retake posted at the end of August! How about you? I'm happy someone else has this status at least! Lol

Mine says “received/under review” as well. I submitted early July and received an email from them that my application was complete a few weeks later

Interview #2
Notification date:
9/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 24 TS, 19 PAT, 26 Reading, N/A
Method of interview: In-Person

Interview #5
Notification date:
9/13
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.93; Overall: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 21 Reading

Awesome!!! Congrats to you! Are you IS or OOS?
Thanks!
Notification date: 9/13
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: end of June
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9; Overall: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 25 PAT, 22 Reading

Does OSU do rolling admissions? Or do they send in waves?

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance percentage rates for OOS and IS?

you are saying only 10-25% of people who interview out of state get an acceptance? That seems too low

Nope, but you could maybe ballpark for IS somewhere from 20-50% and for OOS, maybe 10-25%. Give or take. This is a rough range, and I’m undershooting it. But just trust the process and trust yourself
I don't think these numbers are correct for OSU. If you look at their ADEA guide, 257 IS applicants applied and were 127 accepted. That's a 50% acceptance rate for all IS applicants, much less interviewees. The real number is most likely 80% (127/160) to 70% (127/180), depending on the number of students they interview. OSU generally interviews between 250 to 300 students so I imagine the OOS acceptance rate is also very high.

I don't think these numbers are correct for OSU. If you look at their ADEA guide, 257 IS applicants applied and were 127 accepted. That's a 50% acceptance rate for all IS applicants, much less interviewees. The real number is most likely 80% (127/160) to 70% (127/180), depending on the number of students they interview. OSU generally interviews between 250 to 300 students so I imagine the OOS acceptance rate is also very high.
Like I said, I'm undershooting it. Not going to provide false hope because it doesn't do anyone any good. Set expectations low and you can only go up from there. But generally...yes IS has higher acceptance rates past the interview stage. It wouldn't surprise me if that number was closer to 80%, but we don't have the exact details.

I checked the website and they said they interview over 250 people yeah

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance percentage rates for OOS and IS?
I don't know how accurate / recent the DATBooster statistics sheet is, but it's telling me the OOS acceptance rate after being interviewed is 90% and IS after being interviewed is 45.53%

Interview invites!
ok, because rolling admissions has to do with acceptances
invites are usually given out in batches, we just don't know how big the batches are or how often...

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/9
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 9/5 (prof submitted LOR late)
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0; Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 24 TS, 20 PAT, 22 Reading
Interview Date: November 4

does anyone know if they are sending out another round of interviews?
Yes, I believe they have begun to send out the last round of interviews at the beginning of this week. My friend notified me that they had received an interview.

Yes, I believe they have begun to send out the last round of interviews at the beginning of this week. My friend notified me that they had received an interview.
Does that mean if they didn’t send me one this week, I don’t have any chances anymore? Will they invite more people after Dec 15th?

Does that mean if they didn’t send me one this week, I don’t have any chances anymore? Will they invite more people after Dec 15th?
I would stay optimistic! If you haven’t been denied that means you are still in the game. Keep on the look out in case an invite comes through! I think osu usually sends out invites a month in advance(the next interview date is December 2nd) so I feel like there is a chance that some are coming out next week?? I’ve heard they also do spring interviews. I received an interview from them today so don’t lose hope. Good luck!

Do you guys know if both anatomy and physiology with lab are required for prerequisites for OSU? I saw on DAT booster anatomy with lab is required, but not for physiology. I just wanted to confirm this.