OSU Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys know if both anatomy and physiology with lab are required for prerequisites for OSU? I saw on DAT booster anatomy with lab is required, but not for physiology. I just wanted to confirm this.

This should help. Quick google search.

*Labs: If a lab is required as part of the specific course number, then the lab IS required. If the lab is listed as a separate course number, it is NOT required."

According to the dental school explorer, Anatomy does require Lab, Physiology does not.
 

This should help. Quick google search.

*Labs: If a lab is required as part of the specific course number, then the lab IS required. If the lab is listed as a separate course number, it is NOT required."

According to the dental school explorer, Anatomy does require Lab, Physiology does not.
I saw the website and the info on dat booster and dental school explorer. I called the office and they said physiology lab is required, which contradicts what dental school explorer and dat booster says.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw the website and the info on dat booster and dental school explorer. I called the office and they said physiology lab is required, which contradicts what dental school explorer and dat booster says.
How recent was this change? Is possible the Admissions Committee made the change after the office sent in their information to ADEA. (Why you should call the Admissions office to confirm what you see on the website.)
 
I also emailed their office, and they said both anatomy and physiology lab aren't required.
Okay, I know I already asked about this before, but it's still confusing to me.

*Labs: If a lab is required as part of the specific course number, then the lab IS required. If the lab is listed as a separate course number, it is NOT required.

If a lab is incorporated in the course, obviously you take the lab with it, so why would OSU make it required in that case? Like just make the lab component either required or not required and this would be less confusing. My school offers a physiology course with a lab and a physiology course without a lab. Do these guidelines basically say that if there is a physiology course with lab available, I should take that one instead? I have already contacted both the admissions office at the college of dentistry and the graduate and professional office at OSU, but neither of them were very helpful. Does anyone have insight whether or not I can take the physiology course without the lab?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need advice. I am an out-of-state student who will be completing a 4-year undergraduate program at OSU. Will my residency be considered OOS for dental school admission purposes, or will I be counted as a resident for this kind of statistic? Will dental school provide any kind of preference to me being an OSU student even if I am from another state? Thanks.
 
I need advice. I am an out-of-state student who will be completing a 4-year undergraduate program at OSU. Will my residency be considered OOS for dental school admission purposes, or will I be counted as a resident for this kind of statistic? Will dental school provide any kind of preference to me being an OSU student even if I am from another state? Thanks.
why don't you ask at the dental school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad