This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otstudent03824

Reaction score
Hi all -

Looking for some input for my occupational therapy fieldwork rotation inservice project that I am required to complete before my 12 weeks are up. This is for my Level 2 rotation in Acute Care, where my floor deals primarily with burns/vascular trauma/medical surgical issues.

I have proposed ideas such as ADL boards, burn exercise packets, and grouping assessments together for easy access to my supervisor and have not had luck with any idea being "the one" yet.

If anybody has any creative idea used in the past in acute care for occupational therapy students, or has any ideas that may help steer my thinking in the right direction, please comment.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you expected to do a presentation? The things you mentioned are not presentations, and may or may not be useful (ADL boards aren't really appropriate for acute care, and they probably already have exercise packets for patients). If you are expected to do a presentation, then focus on doing some evidenced-based practice, such as researching a specific intervention or protocol. What, if any recommendations or feedback has your CI given you? They shouldn't necessarily leave you hanging, but it IS up to you to come up with a topic, so hopefully, they're not just vetoing your ideas without any constructive feedback.