General Admissions & OTCAS OT application advice needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjcool

Reaction score
Hello all, I will be applying to OT school for a second time. The first time I applied I had not completed all the science pre reqs and applied to only 3 schools in my state late in the cycle. I interviewed and got waitlisted at all 3. My CGPA is 2.96 but I stand to bring it up to a 3.0 at the end of this semester. My last 60 credits add up to a 3.5. I would like to apply to a ton of more schools this time but there are several specifics I am looking for in a school. No GRE requirement, have a tendency to look at your application holistically vs just glancing at your GPA score, does not require a chemistry or kinesiology/physics course, will accept one pre req with a C (I made A and B grades in all others aside from statistics which was extremely difficult for me), starts application cycle in June/July. I've applied to AT still and Midwestern already and am considering applying to Westcoast U as well. I would have liked to have made all A grades in the pre reqs but I am in a position where I need to work full time while taking these classes and so much of my study time was taken up. I have a strong personal statement letter, references and 2 years full time clinical experience as a social worker for disabled adults. Let me know what schools come to mind and what you think of my chances this second time. Also, do admissions teams take notice and give some merit to students who apply a second time?

Members don't see this ad.