OT: Best site to rate a doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WTTL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a site that shows people rating/comments on doctors so I can choose a right doctor for myself.

If you know of one or the best one please let me know - Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Vitals.com is the only really comprehensive, free one.

I would be wary of using it to pick doctors though. No one ever goes home after a doctor visit and says to themselves:

"THAT WAS AWESOME! I'M GONNA RATE THE CRAP OUT OF THAT GUY<3 xoxoxoxo"

But it does have a doctor search, board certification information, residency/medical school information, office locations, hospital affiliations, insurances accepted, languages spoken, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)

I would be wary of using it to pick doctors though. No one ever goes home after a doctor visit and says to themselves:

But it does have a doctor search, board certification information, residency/medical school information, office locations, hospital affiliations, insurances accepted, languages spoken, etc.

:laugh::thumbup:

Exactly. The only people who are motivated to review their doctor are the ones who want to bitch, and bitch loudly. No one enjoys going to the doctor. Not exactly an accurate indicator. Not to mention, I don't think most patients understand the healthcare system, or even why their doctor does certain things. A clinic not accepting someone's insurance, or charging an arm and a leg for something, is not the fault of doctor who has nothing to do with finances/billing, but it's likely such frustrations bleed into one's "review". I suspect that these website are likely hated by physicians.

Random: Look up Michael Jackson's doctor on Vitals.com. He's been comment spammed into oblivion. :laugh:

I agree and have seen some doctors trashed on those sites when I know they are well respected in the area. It is that one appointment that ran late, blood work was especially painful, etc that triggers most of those reviews. However, with that being said, what is the best way to find a doctor? I have been looking for a GP near my new location just to have a go-to in case I get sick or need a physical. My whole life I have gone to doctors from word-of-mouth advertising but don't know where to even start. Thanks

I agree and have seen some doctors trashed on those sites when I know they are well respected in the area. It is that one appointment that ran late, blood work was especially painful, etc that triggers most of those reviews. However, with that being said, what is the best way to find a doctor? I have been looking for a GP near my new location just to have a go-to in case I get sick or need a physical. My whole life I have gone to doctors from word-of-mouth advertising but don't know where to even start. Thanks

If you ignore the reviews, Vitals.com has a really good search engine for doctors near your area. It also includes all the information I talked about before, if you're interested. What I do though is look up a doctor, by specialty, near my area on WebMDs doctor search (probably the best), then look the ones I'm interested in up on Vitals to make sure they accept my insurance and all that good stuff.