OT: Happy Holidays Everyone!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Graduatedly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Everyone worked really hard this year and have gone through many ups and downs. Take some time to relax and breathe during your break! 2012 is going to be a new year filled with many opportunities and new experiences, so learn from this past year and make the new one better than before!

Much love to all of you :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I think a nice break full of relaxation, good food, and family time is something we all need right about now. As well as amusing videos of big cats opening presents...

[YOUTUBE]aKs8K0FsNjY[/YOUTUBE]

dogsqp.jpg

Merry Christmas, and puppy kisses to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm deficient in cute pictures to post, but Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy non-denominational winter festivus :D!

Have a great holiday season everyone!

Merry Christmas, SDN buddies!

48dj4.png

I saw this somewhere and thought it was funny...

Seriously, though, happy holidays and I hope the new year brings every one good news! :xf:

Happy holidays to my SDN family! :) Often you are more supportive of this whole endeavor than my actual family! May your Crimmus be restful and joyous, and may your new year bring good news! :love:

48dj4.png

I saw this somewhere and thought it was funny...

Seriously, though, happy holidays and I hope the new year brings every one good news! :xf:

That made me die laughing. I've asked for socks for christmas for like 6 years and running...

That made me die laughing. I've asked for socks for christmas for like 6 years and running...

Lol we used to get socks every year. This year -- none. Sad day!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Let me start out by saying that I believe in Santa! I like to be Santa and I also like to receive. Here's what I got from Santa (husband, kids, friends, etc.):

-new swivel desk chair
-new cover for my Nook
-2 calendars
-a scarf
-homemade cookies and fudge
-homemade pepper jelly
-new monogrammed, flannel sheets (red and white striped w/monogram)
-a book
-underwear

It means a lot to have people know my wants and needs. I'm lucky. Now, what did everyone else get?

Members don't see this ad :)
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays everyone!!! :)

I finally got the DVDs I've been asking for for three years! :D And money, because it's hard to take many things back to the US now that we're only allowed to have one suitcase. :mad: And then a few other little things. :] It was a very nice Christmas. :]

I had a great Christmas!
a new camera lens + filters
tripod
a gorgeous set of colored Komachi knives
kitchen gadgets- mini whisk, mini cheese grater, corkscrew, bottle opener, wine charms, salt/pepper mills,
and maple sugar candy

Imma happy girl

I got: some money, a desk dock for my phone (now I don't have to pull out my dresser every time I want to plug in my phone; if I don't hide the cord behind something my cat will eat it), a herstyler ceramic flat iron (to tame my frizzy, curly beast of hair), new shoes, and some new scrubs for work.

It was a good Christmas! :D

Beside the normal holiday gifts of clothes and various movies, I got a significant chunk of monies donated to my volunteer fund to go to South Africa. I also got this....

ES_ANIMALS_RESCU_4dee30b838e43.jpg

My parents know me too well! :laugh:

Oooh gifts!

Money mainly (and apparently I have more coming in the mail!), but also a nice cookware set, lots of toiletries, new jacket, scarf, socks (HOLY ****ING ****!!), knife I bought myself, random jewelry and a new pair of boots. The boots have decent heels and have thus almost killed me approximately a dozen times already, though. :laugh:

Oh and lots of candy. yum.

We had a great Christmas as well. Sometimes it's nice to have some down time away from work, school, and application stresses and spend some time with friends and family and time to yourself too. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza (?), ect Happy Holidays. Enjoy the rest of the season.

I got a new coffee maker (the Keurig kind) :cool: so I've had nothing but coffee to drink for the last few days, necklace, new boots, and a sweater and scarf that i'm definitely going to use next weekend when I go to Kansas!

My boyfriend told me about the sock chart, and it is SO TRUE. Socks are one of the only things I asked for this year. But Santa also brought me TONS of giftcards (a couple for PetSmart to pay for a couple month's worth of food for my aminals), surprisingly cute clothes that my mom picked out, a new moleskine 2012 planner, and a PRICELESS video of my newfie opening her present on Christmas morning! She is the coolest effing dog ever!!!! once i get it up on youtube I'll post... Happy Chrismahanakwanzakah!!

Well, if everybody is bragging about the prezzies then I have to share some of mine!

Harry Potter Box set, both the movies and the books (British edition since that is my favourite and a friend LOST 2 of my matching set that I starting collecting when I was in high school. grrrrr)
Kindle gift card
zoom lens for DSLR and accompanying accessories
world's most comfy slip on slippers (with a sole for taking dogs out in the AM)
a new robe
some cookbooks
a coffee table book of dogs (GORGEOUS PICTURES!)
A couple games that I bought myself (accidentally bought the spanish version, lol)

AND the best gift of ALL:
*drum roll please*
a WAND.
Now, as a true Hogwarts Alum, I already have a wand that was chosen from Ollivander's Wand shop. HOWEVER, this wand is ALSO a TV remote. With different flourishes of my hand, I can turn the TV on/off, start stop, pause a DVD, change the volume, channel, etc.....It's awesome. WAY awesome.

AND the best gift of ALL:
*drum roll please*
a WAND.
Now, as a true Hogwarts Alum, I already have a wand that was chosen from Ollivander's Wand shop. HOWEVER, this wand is ALSO a TV remote. With different flourishes of my hand, I can turn the TV on/off, start stop, pause a DVD, change the volume, channel, etc.....It's awesome. WAY awesome.

Do you know where to get those?! :D

Do you know where to get those?! :D

Seriously... That sounds awesome!

I got the last HP movie, to finish up my collection. I wanted to ask for the books I don't have but let's be real... At the rate I'm reading, I won't finish my lineup for another decade. I also got a crockpot and two cookbooks for it, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a new calendar (animals themed of course), a new watch, a case for the iPad I splurged on, and an automatic feeder for the cat. It was a great Christmas!

My sister bought one at Universal Studios. She was ridiculously excited and kept putting "spells" and "charms" on us the rest of the vacation :rolleyes:

You can purchase one online: http://www.universalorlando.com/Merchandise/Shop/Ollivanders_Wand_Shop/Collectibles.html

Yes - but MY want actually DOES things. Like change TV channels, lol....

http://www.hammacher.com/product/78951?cm_ven=HS&cm_cat=ProductSEM&cm_pla=AdWords&cm_ite=78951

this is my everyday wand:
http://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...otter/Collectibles/Reed_Collectible_Wand.html

oh lord. I'm so nerdy.