OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I really don't like papers.:laugh:

I sat here for 6 hours yesterday writing a 10 page paper on Jet Blue Airlines and customer service in the airline industry. YAY FUN!

Wow that sounds worst than studying biostats! :laugh: I think the ONLY thing worst than writing papers is giving presentations...lets hope I never have to do that ever again...one public speaking pre-requiste is bad enough! LOL...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow that sounds worst than studying biostats! :laugh: I think the ONLY thing worst than writing papers is giving presentations...lets hope I never have to do that ever again...one public speaking pre-requiste is bad enough! LOL...

You're going to be in for a rude awakening.
 
Wow that sounds worst than studying biostats! :laugh: I think the ONLY thing worst than writing papers is giving presentations...lets hope I never have to do that ever again...one public speaking pre-requiste is bad enough! LOL...

Don't you do presentations in Therapeutics later on? That's what I hear from people at my school. In Therapeutics Recitation, they're given a case and supposed to be "the expert" on explaining it and answering questions.
 
Wow that sounds worst than studying biostats! :laugh: I think the ONLY thing worst than writing papers is giving presentations...lets hope I never have to do that ever again...one public speaking pre-requiste is bad enough! LOL...

Yeah I much prefer to study science textbooks! It's just my interest I guess. I've always had major stress over papers, but it's getting easier for me because we have to do it in every business class. I really love the courses.. the papers are so hard to make the full length though.
 
Yeah I much prefer to study science textbooks! It's just my interest I guess. I've always had major stress over papers, but it's getting easier for me because we have to do it in every business class. I really love the courses.. the papers are so hard to make the full length though.

I used to have a hard time with papers when I took Genetics. But I'm glad I did them because now I have a good understanding of that course, and whenever I need to explain something to a classmate, I can do it well using examples from books.
 
Has anyone been accepted and prior to matriculation thought..."I think I might be well suited for something else."

Yup definitely. Sometimes I wondered if I was actually ready for pharmacy school and adequately prepared. But once I started, I adjusted well. I'm still adjusting, and I probably will be until the day I graduate.

I used to think about how awkward it would be knowing that no one from my undergrad or even my high school would be there. Before the first day of school, I knew 2 people out of 120. But I had not met those 2 until the spring semester when I applied and did interviews.
 
Yup definitely. Sometimes I wondered if I was actually ready for pharmacy school and adequately prepared. But once I started, I adjusted well. I'm still adjusting, and I probably will be until the day I graduate.

I used to think about how awkward it would be knowing that no one from my undergrad or even my high school would be there. Before the first day of school, I knew 2 people out of 120. But I had not met those 2 until the spring semester when I applied and did interviews.

I think pharmacy will make me happy. Sometimes I have second thoughts about pharmacy or dentistry. I'd really like to be my own boss some day and I have always been interested in independents since I have worked for one for over 5 years.
 
I think pharmacy will make me happy. Sometimes I have second thoughts about pharmacy or dentistry. I'd really like to be my own boss some day and I have always been interested in independents since I have worked for one for over 5 years.

Once you start school, you'll learn about many different types of pharmacies and the kinds of pharmacists who work there.
 
Yeah I much prefer to study science textbooks! It's just my interest I guess. I've always had major stress over papers, but it's getting easier for me because we have to do it in every business class. I really love the courses.. the papers are so hard to make the full length though.

Papers are just too time consuming and plus my English does suck, so it takes me even longer to write a perfect paper. Unless my sister is around to help me then it goes by much FASTER. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could NOT do a paper right now. Im studying comparative vertebrate anatomy and it is annoying.

I could NOT do a paper ever since I started SDN two years ago! :laugh: Everytime I am online I go on this website. I need to take more science classes that only use textbooks so I can just read them and stay offline! :laugh:
I really need to go back to studying RIGHT NOW...but you can see thats not happening. 🙄
 
whoa @ the number of posts in this thread! one miracle makes many...

anyone else feeling under the weather before finals? im about to get killed by a biochem test tomorrow...neeeed motivation now
 
I felt like that the three months before med school started ( I seriously considered defering a year and just working). It went away shortly after class started though.

Im just overwhelmed with the thought of all the loans and paying it back. Are the trade offs worth it? Then I start to think about the future prospects of pharmacists and people talking about saturation and what not. I thought I had all this stuff figured out. Now that I am in and have 9 months to kill before school starts all these messed up thoughts are coming in my head and im confused.
 
Im just overwhelmed with the thought of all the loans and paying it back. Are the trade offs worth it? Then I start to think about the future prospects of pharmacists and people talking about saturation and what not. I thought I had all this stuff figured out. Now that I am in and have 9 months to kill before school starts all these messed up thoughts are coming in my head and im confused.

That's about what it was with me: loans + healthcare reform. I don't have much advice to offer other than not to make any rash decisions based on the scary loan numbers. At least for me the loan amount was more intimidating before I had them, now that I'm in school the number seems less scary.
 
That's about what it was with me: loans + healthcare reform. I don't have much advice to offer other than not to make any rash decisions based on the scary loan numbers. At least for me the loan amount was more intimidating before I had them, now that I'm in school the number seems less scary.

Yeah, it helps knowing that the majority of my classmates will be in a similar position as me. I'm not that worried about job outlook. I know if you work hard enough you can find the right one. I'm just gonna keep my head up and be optimistic about the future. I love this job too much =)
 
In this case, I had two term papers to write since they were due this morning. Man, it's like waking up from a dream when the semester's over. You remember things like: I'm getting married? I do stuff outside of school? Why is Ghostbusters still in the plastic wrap!?

In some people's case,
"____ and ____ got engaged? When did this happen?"
 
Crazybob said for me to express myself on here so um.....


Going to Vegas---to find a wife.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crazybob said for me to express myself on here so um.....


Going to Vegas---to find a wife.

one time in vegas, i came across a drunk man who kept following me through out The Venetian, telling me he came to LV looking for a wife and even showed me this huge rock. I kept on trying to dodge behind slot machines and dive into bathrooms to get away from him. I was so stressed out by his chase, i kept on burying my face in my hand or covering my eyes, etc. When I finally got away and found my friends, they asked me why I looked like I got into a fight with some dirty coins and lost. Sure enough, there were big dirt smudges ALL OVER ME, cheeks, forehead, chin, neck, even shoulders. I had sported them for AT LEAST 5-6 hours...i swear, some things only happen in vegas..😎
 
one time in vegas, i came across a drunk man who kept following me through out The Venetian, telling me he came to LV looking for a wife and even showed me this huge rock. I kept on trying to dodge behind slot machines and dive into bathrooms to get away from him. I was so stressed out by his chase, i kept on burying my face in my hand or covering my eyes, etc. When I finally got away and found my friends, they asked me why I looked like I got into a fight with some dirty coins and lost. Sure enough, there were big dirt smudges ALL OVER ME, cheeks, forehead, chin, neck, even shoulders. I had sported them for AT LEAST 5-6 hours...i swear, some things only happen in vegas..😎



You promised you'd never tell ANYONE :-(
 
one time in vegas, i came across a drunk man who kept following me through out The Venetian, telling me he came to LV looking for a wife and even showed me this huge rock. I kept on trying to dodge behind slot machines and dive into bathrooms to get away from him. I was so stressed out by his chase, i kept on burying my face in my hand or covering my eyes, etc. When I finally got away and found my friends, they asked me why I looked like I got into a fight with some dirty coins and lost. Sure enough, there were big dirt smudges ALL OVER ME, cheeks, forehead, chin, neck, even shoulders. I had sported them for AT LEAST 5-6 hours...i swear, some things only happen in vegas..😎

Wow.... I didn't have anything like that happen to me when I went to Vegas. I was still kinda young though, so I didn't pay attention to a whole lot.

But I have been to the Venetian, which is really nice. I think I still have pictures of that places on my computer.
 
Wow.... I didn't have anything like that happen to me when I went to Vegas. I was still kinda young though, so I didn't pay attention to a whole lot.

But I have been to the Venetian, which is really nice. I think I still have pictures of that places on my computer.



Grand canal, water front, the shows, the innocence---Vegas is the spot to be.
 
Wow.... I didn't have anything like that happen to me when I went to Vegas. I was still kinda young though, so I didn't pay attention to a whole lot.

But I have been to the Venetian, which is really nice. I think I still have pictures of that places on my computer.

It has a huge Sephora (huge cosmetic store) connected to it so I do like it...
😍
 
Ouch, those are more expensive than the poker tables.

That depends on how much you bet :laugh:

There have been times when people said love doesn't cost anything, so if he finds a girl he loves and she loves him back, he'll find a wife for free? 👍
 
Ouch, those are more expensive than the poker tables.


Good point. I shall go there to gamble then. I'm the worse gambler there is tho. My buddies hate playing poker w/ me or anything that evolves us betting. I'll win and get out. I'm perfectly happy in winning 5-dollars.....covers my cost of a venti iced-coffee 🙂
 
I crashed another CNCP thread today (CNCP 2014 thread), my posts have gone unchallenged. Thought I'd dive in here and see what's up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good point. I shall go there to gamble then. I'm the worse gambler there is tho. My buddies hate playing poker w/ me or anything that evolves us betting. I'll win and get out. I'm perfectly happy in winning 5-dollars.....covers my cost of a venti iced-coffee 🙂
:laugh: I like to take my profits and run as well.
 
Good point. I shall go there to gamble then. I'm the worse gambler there is tho. My buddies hate playing poker w/ me or anything that evolves us betting. I'll win and get out. I'm perfectly happy in winning 5-dollars.....covers my cost of a venti iced-coffee 🙂

$5 seems like too small of a profit to just run after you have some winnings.
 
It has a huge Sephora (huge cosmetic store) connected to it so I do like it...
😍

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG !

I love that Sephora ! I took my PCAT in Vegas last year and afterwards splured on a few YSL goodies at that sephora. 👍 😍

I could probably live in that Sephora. Are you a VIB ? I just used up my VIB 20 $ off coupon on some goodies. Got myself some pretty stuff for Xmas, new mascara, liner and etc. Now I just need a MAC pigments for NY party and I'm good to go. 👍😍