OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok now we took care of that.

I feel like playing some game online with SDNers. Anyone interested? :laugh:
 
Last edited:
What game? lol

Hmm.. I was going to suggest something on Steam, but not everyone has enough time to download it.

Can you think of anything that could be set up quickly to play? Something like online texas hold em poker where we can sit at a table and play together while chatting.
 
Hmm.. I was going to suggest something on Steam, but not everyone has enough time to download it.

Can you think of anything that could be set up quickly to play? Something like online texas hold em poker where we can sit at a table and play together while chatting.

Hmmm good question. My main PC is down at the moment and that's where most of my games are 🙁

You ever given Trackmania Nations a try? It's a pretty simple racing game that's loads of fun and there is always thousands of people on it. Oh, and it's free!
 
Hmmm good question. My main PC is down at the moment and that's where most of my games are 🙁

You ever given Trackmania Nations a try? It's a pretty simple racing game that's loads of fun and there is always thousands of people on it. Oh, and it's free!

Yeah I've played that. I usually do the single player races and got to about 30 of them before I ran into one where I couldn't race very well.
 
screw that, online is where its at lol

when I can't sleep I like to hop on the German servers in the middle of the night. rather fun

I used to play CS and DoD (day of defeat) online, but it got kinda frustrating with cheaters and some players talking too much :laugh:

I downloaded SturmBots for DoD and turned the AI levels to the maximum and set the reaction times to 0.1 sec ~ 0.5 sec and play with 29 bots and me on a map (15 vs 15).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to play CS and DoD (day of defeat) online, but it got kinda frustrating with cheaters and some players talking too much :laugh:

I downloaded SturmBots for DoD and turned the AI levels to the maximum and set the reaction times to 0.1 sec ~ 0.5 sec and play with 29 bots and me on a map (15 vs 15).

I generally shy away from shooters. I'm simply not that good at them unless I can be a sniper. I don't have the quick and accurate reflexes generally needed to do well on multiplayer games.
 
I generally shy away from shooters. I'm simply not that good at them unless I can be a sniper. I don't have the quick and accurate reflexes generally needed to do well on multiplayer games.

The bots I have on respond so much faster than actual players. But the AI might be dumbed down a little bit so they won't take shortcuts and alternate routes like we might.

I can usually sneak up on them, but once I start shooting, they all join in. It kinda feels like trying to stay really quiet to avoid unnecessary battles, because that is part of being good and surviving.

I used to play on some custom maps, and on those, most of my teammates would take the direct route and have to respawn many times. I would just find an alternate route like a cave or a building and then sneak up on the enemy. It kinda feels like I got trained by the OSS from playing those Medal of Honor games. In the MoH games, some of the missions require your player to stay quiet and avoid detection, so I just got used to that.
 
You play on POGO!?! I love that site. I used to play Cribbage and Monopoly a ton on there when I was a high school student 😛

I used to play Texas Hold Em on Pogo because I lived near the Seminole Hard Rock Casino and I wanted free practice, but when Florida legalized Vegas slots and Blackjack apparently they eliminated the cheaper tables for poker so I couldn't really afford to play.

My boyfriend plays Monopoly a lot on there though... he's really the reason I know about it. I actually had to make a new user name just now because I forgot mine and Tinkerbell22 AND Tinkerbell305 were taken. WTF
 
I used to play Texas Hold Em on Pogo because I lived near the Seminole Hard Rock Casino and I wanted free practice, but when Florida legalized Vegas slots and Blackjack apparently they eliminated the cheaper tables for poker so I couldn't really afford to play.

My boyfriend plays Monopoly a lot on there though... he's really the reason I know about it. I actually had to make a new user name just now because I forgot mine and Tinkerbell22 AND Tinkerbell305 were taken. WTF

I also had to make a new username because crazybob was already taken.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Using a computer on this thing called the Internet

i_made_a_post.png
 
I had BBQ beef ribs tonight at my boss's house. There was also some grilled KFC, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, biscuits and some other Pakistani dishes. It was a glorious feast. 👍

The only KFC and town randomly closed on a Tuesday two months back. Figured they got shut down by the health inspector or something.

The wife will be home in about a half hour so I can run to the store for something quick... just dunno what the hell I want.

And outta curiosity, what exactly are Pakistani dishes?
 
The only KFC and town randomly closed on a Tuesday two months back. Figured they got shut down by the health inspector or something.

The wife will be home in about a half hour so I can run to the store for something quick... just dunno what the hell I want.

And outta curiosity, what exactly are Pakistani dishes?

Biryani, ras malai That's all they had there, but there are many other kinds. I absolutely love south asian food.
 
Well, Tinkerbell knows. I told her "I think I'm starting to like you." But not in the same way that I would really like someone.
Ooooooooh baby. Love connection.

So bob what exactly do you look like? Tall dark and handsome??? How tall are you? I need measurements too

I had BBQ beef ribs tonight at my boss's house. There was also some grilled KFC, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, biscuits and some other Pakistani dishes. It was a glorious feast. 👍
mmmm my mouth is watering.
your boss rocks. that food rocks. your whole post rocks because i say so.
 
She has a boyfriend. And I haven't exactly broken up with this girl I was seeing :laugh:
LIES. this post is full of lies. My post lie meter says on a scale of 1- Bull this is complete bull... "girl I'm seeing" as in scoping out b/c i'm too chicken to talk to her 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad