OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He told me one time that he was a P4 student.
i hate the nursing forums........ they're so bland and not even grade driven.

This person was talking about taking the NET entrance test & said they failed and someone told them "You are going to have to become accustomed to less than perfection if you going to attend nursing school."

WTF lol THEY FAILED the entrance test and you're telling them get used to less than perfection. God I hate nursing students. Their minds are off in outer space. Grades matter.........
 
i hate the nursing forums........ they're so bland and not even grade driven.

This person was talking about taking the NET entrance test & said they failed and someone told them "You are going to have to become accustomed to less than perfection if you going to attend nursing school."

WTF lol THEY FAILED the entrance test and you're telling them get used to less than perfection. God I hate nursing students. Their minds are off in outer space. Grades matter.........

I hope you never work with nurses :laugh:

I like nursing students though. The ones at my school anyway.

You notice all that about the ones you know now, but you might meet nursing students you like.




Oh and btw, I lost to Tinkerbell on the poker game :laugh:
 
I hope you never work with nurses :laugh:

I like nursing students though. The ones at my school anyway.

You notice all that about the ones you know now, but you might meet nursing students you like.




Oh and btw, I lost to Tinkerbell on the poker game :laugh:
I wouldn't mind working with competent nurses, but come on. Telling someone to aim low? Who says you can't be perfect in nursing school? It's not rocket science. I know people who work their tails off for their 4.0s so it is possible. I hate when the blind lead the blind. JESUS!

!@@$#@%#@$#%$^
 
Not yet at least... lol

I would have to know her IRL, but that's not very likely to happen.

LIES. this post is full of lies. My post lie meter says on a scale of 1- Bull this is complete bull... "girl I'm seeing" as in scoping out b/c i'm too chicken to talk to her 🙂

This would be true about this one med student I see at school. She's usually busy studying when I have to get to class, so that doesn't leave much time for me to talk to her. She's the girl who is 6 months older than me.

creepin' sdn style... you like it.


jk

but seriously what do you look like? you're no mystery to us here so link 2 a pic or gtfo (ooh the lounge is rubbing off on me)

The lounge is full of rude people. I hate going there now because it's full of people who make posts and then judge each others posts to ad nauseum.
 
I wouldn't mind working with competent nurses, but come on. Telling someone to aim low? Who says you can't be perfect in nursing school? It's not rocket science. I know people who work their tails off for their 4.0s so it is possible. I hate when the blind lead the blind. JESUS!

!@@$#@%#@$#%$^

Whoa. Take a benzo and some fresh air :laugh:

It's not necessarily telling someone to aim low. They could be trying to get realistic and saying to not aim for perfection because it's not likely to happen.
 
Whoa. Take a benzo and some fresh air :laugh:

It's not necessarily telling someone to aim low. They could be trying to get realistic and saying to not aim for perfection because it's not likely to happen.
but i don't need to fall asleep... benzos make you sweepy... i like being alert & up! but okay hahah whatever you say.


i was in my brother's room and saw his playdoh stuff... man i love playdoh & the smell of it👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okay hahah whatever you say.


i was in my brother's room and saw his playdoh stuff... man i love playdoh & the smell of it👍

Do you ever sniff it? Not that I've ever done it, but it shouldn't be too bad :laugh:

I had a chem teacher in high school who once took a marker and took off the cap, and put it kinda close to her nose and sniffed it :laugh:

I had a german professor in college who would use the overhead projectors and one time erased something on a transparency by licking his finger first and then wiping it. As he was erasing it, he made a slurping noise and said "mmm.. tasty" :laugh:
 
The lounge is full of rude people. I hate going there now because it's full of people who make posts and then judge each others posts to ad nauseum.

Now you see why I left after thousands of posts there. Jdub is a troll, btw.
 
i hate the nursing forums........ they're so bland and not even grade driven.

This person was talking about taking the NET entrance test & said they failed and someone told them "You are going to have to become accustomed to less than perfection if you going to attend nursing school."

WTF lol THEY FAILED the entrance test and you're telling them get used to less than perfection. God I hate nursing students. Their minds are off in outer space. Grades matter.........

ha, I have a post going up in the morning about my experience with a nurse this past week. You should like it.
 
ha, I have a post going up in the morning about my experience with a nurse this past week. You should like it.

Was she a hot nurse? :laugh: A lot of girls who are nursing students at my school are really pretty. I haven't talked to any of them yet though.
 
ha, I have a post going up in the morning about my experience with a nurse this past week. You should like it.
Woo I'll be ready to comment it. If it's talking about a nurse saying (s)he's a doctor I'll love you 100000x more because I love when people get caught in lies... especially nurses (I have a filthy filthy vengenace for nurses... idk why b/c I used to want to be a nurse @ one point in my poor mind... however I grew out of that phase [luckily] PHEW!) And that was an insane run-on /fragment..... <3
Only you would think of that. :laugh:

Oh cut it out ------ (that's lines so you can cut it out 🙂 )
 
Oh cut it out ------ (that's lines so you can cut it out 🙂 )

What a crappy line :laugh: JK nicole. (I dunno how many times I've said JK nicole in the past week)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (now that's a line I can cut out :laugh:)
 
What a crappy line :laugh: JK nicole. (I dunno how many times I've said JK nicole in the past week)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (now that's a line I can cut out :laugh:)
A blind man could cut that line out! Geez it was supposed to be more difficult! Don't make this easier for yourself!

note: I would die laughing if you actually did print this discussion out and cut the line out... that's such a gunner thing to do. God I hate gunners. I need to make a rant post in the near future..... that'd be lovely...🙄
 
A blind man could cut that line out! Geez it was supposed to be more difficult! Don't make this easier for yourself!

note: I would die laughing if you actually did print this discussion out and cut the line out... that's such a gunner thing to do. God I hate gunners. I need to make a rant post in the near future..... that'd be lovely...🙄

Geez. You do nothing but complain about people who are different from you :laugh: I know we all do, but it always seems like you complain more than people normally do :laugh:

And no, I would not waste printing paper on stuff like this. I would much rather print out cheat codes to a computer game (I've never done that)
 
Geez. You do nothing but complain about people who are different from you :laugh: I know we all do, but it always seems like you complain more than people normally do :laugh:

And no, I would not waste printing paper on stuff like this. I would much rather print out cheat codes to a computer game (I've never done that)
Nahh I don't complain as much as it seems. The only time I directly remember complaining is if someone is beyond stupid and asks / remarks about the stupid recession, asks repeated searchable questions on here, or if it's about nurses that's when I get rude. That's the only time I directly remember getting in a beechy mood.... I'm a generally sarcastic yet nice honest person 🙂

OMG my brother uses cheat codes... you two are so lame. Why play a game if ya gotta CHEAT?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nahh I don't complain as much as it seems. The only time I directly remember complaining is if someone is beyond stupid and asks / remarks about the stupid recession, asks repeated searchable questions on here, or if it's about nurses that's when I get rude. That's the only time I directly remember getting in a beechy mood.... I'm a generally sarcastic yet nice honest person 🙂

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :laugh:

OMG my brother uses cheat codes... you two are so lame. Why play a game if ya gotta CHEAT?!

I used to, but now I don't. Sometimes it's out of curiosity to see what's possible and what is up ahead.

Oh and because you can get away with cheating 😆

I have never ever cheated on any girl.
 
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :laugh:



I used to, but now I don't. Sometimes it's out of curiosity to see what's possible and what is up ahead.
Don't sure me, I'll slap you back to 09!

Ya and to maintain a high energy level or be unstoppable.... you take the true nature of gaming and give it a bad name. You know cheating on video games can equate to academic cheating it's been proven


(like my BS statistic that i made up 😛 ?)
 
Don't sure me, I'll slap you back to 09!

Ya and to maintain a high energy level or be unstoppable.... you take the true nature of gaming and give it a bad name. You know cheating on video games can equate to academic cheating it's been proven


(like my BS statistic that i made up 😛 ?)

Here comes another suuuuuuuuuuuuure :laugh:

Or should I say :bullcrap:
 
Speaking of caffeine - I gave up my insane caffeine drinking regimen about two weeks ago, first few days had the strongest migraines I've ever had, must have been withdrawal symptoms.

I feel ok now, but I LOOK soooo much better ! No bags under my eyes. 😍
 
Speaking of caffeine - I gave up my insane caffeine drinking regimen about two weeks ago, first few days had the strongest migraines I've ever had, must have been withdrawal symptoms.

I feel ok now, but I LOOK soooo much better ! No bags under my eyes. 😍

That's great! When I am not in school I try no to drink much caffeine. Even when school starts I limit myself to 2 cups of coffee a day.
 
The only KFC and town randomly closed on a Tuesday two months back. Figured they got shut down by the health inspector or something.

I love Popeyes... the spicy chicken fingers with red beans and rice and a butter biscuit. 👍 Churches is good too because they have honey biscuits.

Tinkerbell: 14000
Me: 5400

:laugh:

Oh geez I leave for 13 hours and I'm already involved in an SDN scandal... Thanks Nicole, Doc, and Phathead! :laugh: Joking!

Sorry I couldn't make it back for a rematch, I had to borrow a book from someone because mine has been driving here from Kansas since last Monday and it's only in Jacksonville! I paid extra for expedited shipping too, but I should know better. What can brown do for me? Get my book here on time for my second week of assignments! DANG!
 
i hate the nursing forums........ they're so bland and not even grade driven.

This person was talking about taking the NET entrance test & said they failed and someone told them "You are going to have to become accustomed to less than perfection if you going to attend nursing school."

WTF lol THEY FAILED the entrance test and you're telling them get used to less than perfection. God I hate nursing students. Their minds are off in outer space. Grades matter.........

I think what they were trying to say is that Nursing school can be harder than undergrad or high school, so they should get used to not doing as well. I agree that failing an entrance exam is not a good start but maybe they had a bad day or something... Honestly... when I was in high school I might've thought that only certain types of people would 'settle' for anything except going to professional school... but it's just not true. Just because some have the potential or has made the decision to apply to a doctorate level program doesn't make the nursing students worse than us.

Nurses probably have one of the hardests jobs in the hospital so I pretty much admire someone willing to do that work for often times less pay than any doctor or pharmacist. It bothers me when doctors complain about the nurses because they think most of them are less competant or not as intelligent. A lot of us might be working with them in the future. I know that none of us like it when med students come into the pharmacy forum and laugh at people who post about their pharmacy admission struggles. They say Oh, med school is so much harder, you guys are med school rejects, etc".

Now you see why I left after thousands of posts there. Jdub is a troll, btw.

HAHA I thought so! He's kind of entertaining so I guess that's why everyone puts up with his crap? :laugh:

I don't know if it's possible to develop a tolerance for caffeine... but all I know is I drink energy drinks and not much of anything happens. :lame:

Yeah I think you're right. When I was a senior in high school I started drinking energy drinks, and just one would last me all day. Sometimes I could barely even drink one. Now I could honestly probably drink a 4 pack and be normal. I read this book when I was 19 called "The Overachievers" and this girl stayed up all night studying, went to school, took exams, and then ran a track meet so she drank 4 Red Bulls and it made her really sick though.

I have to make coffee so strong that my boyfriend actually has to dilute it because he drank a cup once and literally threw up.😕
 
Sorry I couldn't make it back for a rematch, I had to borrow a book from someone because mine has been driving here from Kansas since last Monday and it's only in Jacksonville! I paid extra for expedited shipping too, but I should know better. What can brown do for me? Get my book here on time for my second week of assignments! DANG!
OMG see that's why I hate ordering books online... you're always waiting to get them and so anxious they won't make it. My psychology book made it to me the day before I needed it, and I picked expedited shipping too. I hateeee waiting for things. Stupid UPS!

I think what they were trying to say is that Nursing school can be harder than undergrad or high school, so they should get used to not doing as well. I agree that failing an entrance exam is not a good start but maybe they had a bad day or something... Honestly... when I was in high school I might've thought that only certain types of people would 'settle' for anything except going to professional school... but it's just not true. Just because some have the potential or has made the decision to apply to a doctorate level program doesn't make the nursing students worse than us.

Nurses probably have one of the hardests jobs in the hospital so I pretty much admire someone willing to do that work for often times less pay than any doctor or pharmacist. It bothers me when doctors complain about the nurses because they think most of them are less competant or not as intelligent. A lot of us might be working with them in the future. I know that none of us like it when med students come into the pharmacy forum and laugh at people who post about their pharmacy admission struggles. They say Oh, med school is so much harder, you guys are med school rejects, etc".
I don't think nurses are worse than pharm students or doctors but none the less they sure act like they're top tier... I totally understand having an off day, but she failed it on two occasions, that's why I mention it... I mean I'm not a great standardized test taker, and from what I've heard the NET isn't too difficult, it's basic algebra (5th - 8th grade tons of fractions) and the reading is typical comprehension questions... NOW the HESI is a beast. It has Human Anatomy, Math, Reading, and a ton of other sections. Plus nursing schools are making the transition from NET to HESI so the it's just widely know the NET is a bit too easy. That's why I was soooo ticked. I just got mad @ the fact some "nurse" was giving advice in the nursing student section when the chick probably won't even make it in... you're not in nursing school yet, I don't think people should even be mentioning anything about "being less than perfect" if they haven't even crossed the bridge to the dark side yet hahaha.

Heck ya they do, I mean that's why I didn't want to be a nurse. I have an insane fear of catching any blood borne diseases (especially Hepatitis) so that direct patient contact with iv drips, needles, drug addicts looking to get drugs who don't care about you stabbing them with an iv b/c they probably have aids and are willing to spread it, and even more idiotic people who you have to clean poop and blood off of .... omg I'm going to throw up. Nursing is a thankless job to say the least. Also I should specify, I hate nurses who a. act like Nurse Knowitall or b.Nurse Ratched that's where I have a problem. speaking of med students... man they're rude 🙁 I hope to never work with rude idiots... they make me laugh. Sometimes when people are just so rude it's better to get nicer and nicer with them b/c I just laugh in my head how idiotic they sound.👍


(Also, I hope I don't come off too rude to everyone on here, it's not intentional, I'm just veryyyy sarcastic and opinionated)
 
OMG see that's why I hate ordering books online... you're always waiting to get them and so anxious they won't make it. My psychology book made it to me the day before I needed it, and I picked expedited shipping too. I hateeee waiting for things. Stupid UPS!


I don't think nurses are worse than pharm students or doctors but none the less they sure act like they're top tier... I totally understand having an off day, but she failed it on two occasions, that's why I mention it... I mean I'm not a great standardized test taker, and from what I've heard the NET isn't too difficult, it's basic algebra (5th - 8th grade tons of fractions) and the reading is typical comprehension questions... NOW the HESI is a beast. It has Human Anatomy, Math, Reading, and a ton of other sections. Plus nursing schools are making the transition from NET to HESI so the it's just widely know the NET is a bit too easy. That's why I was soooo ticked. I just got mad @ the fact some "nurse" was giving advice in the nursing student section when the chick probably won't even make it in... you're not in nursing school yet, I don't think people should even be mentioning anything about "being less than perfect" if they haven't even crossed the bridge to the dark side yet hahaha.

Heck ya they do, I mean that's why I didn't want to be a nurse. I have an insane fear of catching any blood borne diseases (especially Hepatitis) so that direct patient contact with iv drips, needles, drug addicts looking to get drugs who don't care about you stabbing them with an iv b/c ....


Speaking of which, pharmacists/techs aren't really any safer - I was poked by a needle by a patient right at the counter of my retail pharmacy. Had to be on abacavir therapy to prevent HIV transmissions for a couple weeks - which is sort of like being on chemo, or at least that's what it felt like to me, like I was dying. That was a spring before the summer before I applied and needless to say, it wasn't easy for me - especially given months of legal action it took me to get the pharmacy owner to pay my medical bills.

Plus depending on the city you live in/area you practice/school you attend you may be working with homeless quite a while. I know we have several student projects- homeless clinic going on, there is an elective class even, so you can't really escape it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of which, pharmacists/techs aren't really any safer - I was poked by a needle by a patient right at the counter of my retail pharmacy. Had to be on abacavir therapy to prevent HIV transmissions for a couple weeks - which is sort of like being on chemo, or at least that's what it felt like to me, like I was dying. That was a spring before the summer before I applied and needless to say, it wasn't easy for me - especially given months of legal action it took me to get the pharmacy owner to pay my medical bills.

Plus depending on the city you live in/area you practice/school you attend you may be working with homeless quite a while. I know we have several student projects- homeless clinic going on, there is an elective class even, so you can't really escape it.
Oh my goodness.... that sounds horrible. See that's exactly why I'm afraid of needles. I have no problem getting shots from a doctor, PA or NP but from a homeless person or druggie I think I'd kill myself to save myself the time having to live with a horrible transmitted disease.

I've never heard of the abacavir therapy you mentioned, I'll look into that... I never knew you could actually get treated for these types of incidents.

Also, since some of you posted pictures of food, last night I got the ingenious idea to make eggplant parmesan @ 1 am.... it was sooo good. Here's the pics!

2rfsu45.png

2vb1jlc.png

de0ls6.png

21kw09t.png
 
If you were a nurse at the hospital I work at, you might have to put leaches on people and let them feed, then destroy (kill) them when they are done and fat with blood. I could never be a nurse. It is bad enough when I go up stairs to deliver some chemo and there has been a "code brown" on the floor. Once, I walked by a room in ICU and there was a guy there pretty much dead and it literally smelled like dead animals- as if he was already dead. I wanted to vomit. I do not want to sound insensitive or anything. I know as a clinical pharmacist I would be exposed to some things. Blood and needles do not bother me whatsoever. I just cannot fathom inserting a suppository or anything like that.