OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only reason to play for me is the raiding..part of that is my group but that's also the content I enjoy the most. If I gave up raiding, I wouldn't wow at all.

My GL has offered to tank a mythic group for me this weekend whenever my schedule allows it, so that's the positive side of the dumb story.

Were you the other proctor, then? Now I know who you is...:p

I *think* the exam went well. I came out feeling confident....but I did hear some complaints about question wordings from the people in class so stuck around to hear the answer key....so I guess I'll find out when scores were posted. :shrug:

That's sort of how I am with PvP. Questing and stuff is ok, but once I tried it I never looked back. I would actually love to get a rated team together at some point. Who knows if I'll still be WoWing once I get a Big Girl Job (tm) next summer. I would like to think so, though.

Hah, yeh. The one who stood around not getting asked any questions because I wore a white coat and not a blue so I don't think people knew I was a proctor, eheh. Before she recognized me, one of the MDL ladies went "Oh, do you need a clipboard?" I was like :eek: :yuck: "F#@$ NO I DO NOT WANT A SODDING CLIPBOARD, I NEVER WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN" :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Kingdom hearts remastered collection all coming to PS4 March 28th!!

Reactions: 2 users
Kingdom hearts remastered collection all coming to PS4 March 28th!!
fckya.gif

cheering_minions.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Pokemon Sun and Moon are out today!!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Pokemon Sun and Moon are out today!!!!!! :soexcited:
Awaiting mine to come in the mail from Amazon :D And with NO obligations, I can play to my heart's content until block 10 starts at the end of the month!

One of my Facebook friends keeps posting screen shots of FFVII. She's playing the release of the old game before the remake comes out in a little bit.

No house Internet here... I'm sooooo jealous! (But I do have a copy for my PS2. I should just play that and stop fussing.)

I'm seriously debating between finally buying Overwatch or new Pokémon today...

Members don't see this ad :)
I preordered Moon via amazon prime earlier this week, and it actually arrived yesterday afternoon, a whole day early!--except that in a stroke of absolute brilliance I had it shipped to my house instead of here, since I'd planned to go home for this weekend and it turns out we're waiting til thanksgiving break next week. Did I make a round trip just to pick it up? After class and lunch, yes.

I'm now having a fun time with my rowlet.

Just wanted to add to the Sun and Moon hype! My preordered copy of Sun came in this morning and I've basically been playing on and off all day. It shakes up the old formula of the series quite a bit, but definitely in a good way. Five hours in and I'm loving it! :)

I just got home from work and was told to open the package by the front door...

kPaBMFY.jpg

For context here, my last portable system was an SP... and I love lime green things.

Mr. Trilt :love:

Reactions: 9 users
(Although whatever idiot decided to not include a charging cable with these things needs to be taken out back and shot. It's ordered but being delivered separately and I'm pretty darn close to running to the store and getting another).

(Although whatever idiot decided to not include a charging cable with these things needs to be taken out back and shot. It's ordered but being delivered separately and I'm pretty darn close to running to the store and getting another).
The logic was that people buying a New 3DS XL already have charging cables in their homes. Dumb logic sure.

I just got home from work and was told to open the package by the front door...

kPaBMFY.jpg

For context here, my last portable system was an SP... and I love lime green things.

Mr. Trilt :love:

Nice! The SP was was my last handheld as well until about this past April when I made a very spontaneous decision to buy a 3ds. wish mine was green though. :(

I was too poor to buy the fancy versions. and agreed on the whole charging cable thing. so dumb. I do need to buy a larger SD card though.

The logic was that people buying a New 3DS XL already have charging cables in their homes. Dumb logic sure.

yeah, especially since i sold back my old 3ds xl for a n3ds xl, so i had to either buy a separate charging cable for the unit i sold back (to get gamestop to buy it back, essentially losing the cost of it on my trade-in) or buy a new one. i did the former.

yet every time i'm in a store that has them i have to talk myself out of buying a galaxy n3ds anyway. damn you nintendooooo

I had no idea that the New 3ds does not come with a charger. That's...wow.

Elder Scrolls Online and Overwatch are both having a free access weekend. I was going to try both but it literally took the entire Saturday for Overwatch to download on this slow connection, so I'll just have today to try it out with a friend. I wish the free period didn't end early in the afternoon tomorrow, my classes will take up all the remaining time...

Splurged today...got a new 3DS xl in galaxy color and Pokemon Moon :love:(and of course a separate charging cable :rolleyes:) My last handheld was an SP as well!

I was all ready to go pick up Moon today. Gamestop closed at 6pm :arghh:

I had no idea that the New 3ds does not come with a charger. That's...wow.

Elder Scrolls Online and Overwatch are both having a free access weekend. I was going to try both but it literally took the entire Saturday for Overwatch to download on this slow connection, so I'll just have today to try it out with a friend. I wish the free period didn't end early in the afternoon tomorrow, my classes will take up all the remaining time...
Overwatch is fun. Gonna have to buy it soon.
If you (or anyone here) does get it, my ID is Gwenevre#11547

Moon arrived today. Super excited to play it but I have a presentation to work on, so trying if I should do the right thing and not start the game yet...

BF said that now when you catch a new pokemon, you can add it straight to your party even if your party's full.

Reactions: 1 users
So I marathoned Sun today and managed to finish the main story. Freaking amazing game, and I loved that not only was the plot much more involved this time around, but it was also definitely darker in tone. It was, thankfully, actually surprisingly difficult (for a Pokemon game, anyway) in some places--the sixth trial/Totem Mimikyu took me several attempts to beat, ha. :)

Time to start building a new competitive team!

So I marathoned Sun today and managed to finish the main story. Freaking amazing game, and I loved that not only was the plot much more involved this time around, but it was also definitely darker in tone. It was, thankfully, actually surprisingly difficult (for a Pokemon game, anyway) in some places--the sixth trial/Totem Mimikyu took me several attempts to beat, ha. :)

Time to start building a new competitive team!
Only two trials in, but I can see how this game can become quite difficult! I am actually really impressed with some of the AI (using a switch-out item and stealth rock with level 10 pokemon? That's awesome!).

Only two trials in, but I can see how this game can become quite difficult! I am actually really impressed with some of the AI (using a switch-out item and stealth rock with level 10 pokemon? That's awesome!).
Yeah, I was really impressed by how intelligent the AI is in Sun/Moon! It's refreshing to finally have a main series Pokemon game that is actually somewhat challenging in many spots (the fact that the experience curve is more akin to that of gen V rather than gen VI helps, as it makes it difficult to be overlevelled even with Exp Share on unless you are spending excessive amounts of time grinding--I was decently underleveled through pretty much the whole game). Good stuff.

Overwatch is fun. Gonna have to buy it soon.
If you (or anyone here) does get it, my ID is Gwenevre#11547
Oh yeah! Mine is Devastating#11391

and I also LOVED that straight-to-party feature. A whole lot of the little features, actually :love:I haven't played since yesterday since I gotta give priority to the free weekend, but I was just about to do the 3rd trial I think. Don't wanna go too fast...my team is lvl 20-22 right now and I still haven't allowed my starter to evolve yet, haha.

My team is level 19-23 and I am not even on the 2nd trial yet - I literally hopped the ferry to the 2nd island this morning. I do a lot of wandering, grinding and pokedex filling.

edit: I also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to grind stupid Kadabra up to where it actually got an attack move (I believe it was level 21) so that played into it.

What's everyone's team so far for sun/moon??? Just picking up those you come across or is it planned?

For my first run-through, I'm trying to stick with all new pokes. So far I have the first evolution of Litten ( the fire/dark starter) and Grubbin (bug/electric eventually). For my final team I want:
Incineroar (Litten final evo)
Vikavolt (grubbin final evo)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Type:Null (but the evo of it)
Tokapex (water/poison, soooo hard to find ughhh)
Kommo-o (fighting, dragon).

What's everyone's team so far for sun/moon??? Just picking up those you come across or is it planned?

For my first run-through, I'm trying to stick with all new pokes. So far I have the first evolution of Litten ( the fire/dark starter) and Grubbin (bug/electric eventually). For my final team I want:
Incineroar (Litten final evo)
Vikavolt (grubbin final evo)
Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Type:Null (but the evo of it)
Tokapex (water/poison, soooo hard to find ughhh)
Kommo-o (fighting, dragon).
Just so you know, you can't actually get Type:Null/Silvally until the post-game, unless you plan on trading for it. Sucks, because I really like it and also wanted to use it through my story team. :(

I used Primarina, Oricorio (electric), Salazzle, Kommo-o, Passimian, and Mimikyu.

Just so you know, you can't actually get Type:Null/Silvally until the post-game, unless you plan on trading for it. Sucks, because I really like it and also wanted to use it through my story team. :(

I used Primarina, Oricorio (electric), Salazzle, Kommo-o, Passimian, and Mimikyu.
Nooooo way really? GOSH DANG IT!

It was the one I was most excited about :(

So far I've got:

Rowlet > (already should be dartrix but I'm still holding off for a couple more levels)
Grubbin > Charjabug
Pichu > Pikachu (for alolan raichu)
Alolan Meowth
Pikipek > Trumbeak
Mudbray

Going mostly unplanned (I didn't look up the alolan dex so nearly everything is new to me as I come across it). I had the event munchlax and got it to evolve to snorlax, but it doesn't know the right move for the Z-power yet so i'm setting it aside for now. I'd rather use more of the new pokes too.
I originally wanted a rockruff in there (to name after my dog) but I'd rather have the "regular"/rock evo than Lycanroc, and I'd have to trade with Sun for that evo. I will probably put Salandit in once I get one because I need some fire.

On overwatch - I don't understand timezones apparently so after class I actually got a couple more hours in today before the free period ended! I tried some of the arcade modes like 1v1...all I can say is I'm glad all my opponents were polite and tolerant of my terrible newness, lmao. Will definitely request it for christmas, or just buy it myself after finals if I get impatient.
ETA: lol nevermind, just bought it for "free" with the remainder of my amazon credit (I love love looove that a single useless textbook that had been lying around my room for years just paid for a new game!)

Last edited:
I downloaded the pokemon demo. Just to hold me over until I actually get up off my butt and go buy it

I have always chosen my pokemon team based on how cute the stupid things are with a secondary concern for type. Basically just what I come across, I don't really plan it. Luckily in Alola this actually makes my team more diverse than just a bunch of normal types haha.

I'm still pretty early on as I have been playing a lot of Splatoon since it's tournament season, and I also have a deadline for an abstract coming up. But my team so far for trial purposes is:

Rockruff (lvl 20)
Kadabra (lvl 24)
Wingull (lvl 22)
Drifloon (lvl 23)
Torracat (lvl 25)
Pikachu (lvl 23)

I'm working on leveling an Eevee too (I can't quit you Eeveeeeee!!)

Reactions: 3 users
So this is the team that I'm finally decided to go with eventually (here is the link if anyone wants to build a team: https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/).
Screenshot (6).png

I'm still super sad that I can't use Type:Null until end game though. Gah.

Though, so far I am having an awesome experience with Pokemon Sun. I really feel like the things that bugged me in the past (HM slaves, no competitive NPC AI, no great trainer customization) has really improved and I like that they switched it up slightly to not have any gyms.

YES, I love that I don't have to keep some random Pokemon around just so I can use Rock Smash or Fly or whatever.

Reactions: 3 users
Since when did Wingull become super hard to catch? I had one with very little HP left and it still broke free right away.

Nvm. Finally caught one after wasting like 5 pokeballs...

BF keeps getting hung up on male Primarina.

"It's weird. It doesn't look like a male..."
:rolleyes:

Went to get FFXV at the midnight release. Store was apparently only open for less than 30 minutes from when they said to be there. I got there just before 10:30, the lights were on, but the gate was half open/shut.

I thought "maybe they are getting a late start since there aren't many cars here." Sat in my car waiting for the doors to open for about 2 minutes. Girl looks my way and keeps setting up the counter. I think " Hmm, maybe the doors are open, and they just did a partial open of the gates because they aren't expecting a giant turn out." Nope, doors locked. Guy in the car next to me said he got there just before me and he's starting to doubt they will open the doors. 10:40, he leaves.

I call. They say sorry, they had the release at 10 and closed down at 10:30. (Nevermind that I pulled in at that time or just before and everything already looked shut down, and the door was already locked, and the guy who got there before me was already locked out.) I explained that this is a 40 minute drive that I just took to get there and was told to be there about 10 and there would be events and prizes.... (I can't remember a release that was closed in less than 2 hours even with a low turn out, but this is my first one in MT)

Anyway, they closed, she left. I didn't get to bring home my hubby's birthday present and drove over an hour to get it. They have no customer service phone number. I left a note on a survey about how much that sucked to be told to show up at a certain time (he even said or after because of the events) and waste all that fuel and have an employee cheerfully tell me to screw off...

Yup, still pouting.