OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mwahahaha guess who now owns a PS4

Bloodborne > NAVLE
Me too! (my brother's birthday gift = everyone's gain)

But, apparently our old PS3 is dying. I don't remember exactly what error message my family said it displayed but it won't run/can barely even boot up. I hope it's just the years of dust buildup and it isn't actually irreparably fried, don't wanna lose all my save data from Skyrim etc. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, my PSN name is same as here. I'm pretty universally branded tbh

So I was about ready to post in vet groups about psn and steam accounts when I found this page. I am fairly new to both of pc and ps4 so I'm not very good (except NHL). for ps4 I only have Madden 17, NHL 17, and Steep (hopefuly getting battlefield 1 at somepoint). If anyone is bored and online my name is msmit045 for both accounts

Members don't see this ad :)
Steam Winter Sales rumored to be coming next week. You've been warned

Reactions: 1 users
I think the only thing saving me from it is the fact that over the past few winter/summer sales, I've pretty much bought every reasonably-priced thing off my wishlist

I think the only thing saving me from it is the fact that over the past few winter/summer sales, I've pretty much bought every reasonably-priced thing off my wishlist

There's always something new you find you need. Kind of hoping for that banjo kazooie knock off to go on sale

Reactions: 3 users
I also need that game now that we have a ps4

Members don't see this ad :)
As foretold, The Sale is upon us

Reactions: 1 user
I could have been happy not knowing

My wallet would have been happy

I could have been happy not knowing
Y U do dis
IMG_4405.JPG

Hello fellow gamers! This is my first time posting on this thread. I need something to get my mind off my Colorado interview tomorrow :p.

I've been a gamer pretty much my whole life. My dad is a gamer too and I used to watch him when I was little. So I've been exposed to pretty much every console there is. I currently have a ps2, PS3, PS4, and an Xbox 360.

I was raised on the final fantasy games so I love those. Some other games I play are Pokémon, Skyrim (and Morrowind and Oblivion), Dark Souls 3, and the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series. I've been thinking about getting into Overwatch. Maybe once interviews are done consuming my life :D.

Reactions: 2 users
I almost preordered a switch this morning but I had to have a voice of reason due to little funds. But man, Breath of the Wild looks SOOO good!! But I did preorder Mass Effect Andromeda this morning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I almost preordered a switch this morning but I had to have a voice of reason due to little funds. But man, Breath of the Wild looks SOOO good!! But I did preorder Mass Effect Andromeda this morning!!!

I'm soooooo excited for Andromeda

I own - but never actually played - Mass Effect. One of those games that I always talk myself out of because I know I'd do nothing else for like a month. Still tempted every time someone raves about it.

Just like every new Civ game. Nope nope nope I think my family and friends would like to talk to me sometime.

Already pre-ordered a switch, and Splatoon 2. Money, you can't take it with you anyway right???

I should've taken more monies for 4th year but I was being frugal and now I regret my decision. Seriously have almost no monies for all the things I have to pay for. Hoping maybe a switch can be my birthday/graduation gift or something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

LoZ looks amazing, the trailer has a feel of an epic adventure story. Really resisting the urge to preorder.

I own - but never actually played - Mass Effect. One of those games that I always talk myself out of because I know I'd do nothing else for like a month. Still tempted every time someone raves about it.

Just like every new Civ game. Nope nope nope I think my family and friends would like to talk to me sometime.
Same boat, I keep thinking maybe I'll finally play it but like...no, just no. Can't do it, would fail everything.

I haven't touched Civ in years though it used to be my absolute favorite. Talk about a time sink.

Wow, first I'd seen of the Switch. Looks like a very cool concept. Very curious to see what the reviews will be like once it's out in the wild. Maybe eventually I'd get one.

Loving my new PS4 though :D. Last of Us was an amazing game and I'm still having fun with Bloodborne and Battlefield 1. Plus I preordered both of the Kingdom Hearts titles coming out soon for PS4. KH III still seems like it'll be a while off though.

Same boat, I keep thinking maybe I'll finally play it but like...no, just no. Can't do it, would fail everything.

I haven't touched Civ in years though it used to be my absolute favorite. Talk about a time sink.
I played days worth of Civ 4 with my partner when we first started dating. Great bonding time. Learned my lesson about ever touching the game again.

Wow, first I'd seen of the Switch. Looks like a very cool concept. Very curious to see what the reviews will be like once it's out in the wild. Maybe eventually I'd get one.

Loving my new PS4 though :D. Last of Us was an amazing game and I'm still having fun with Bloodborne and Battlefield 1. Plus I preordered both of the Kingdom Hearts titles coming out soon for PS4. KH III still seems like it'll be a while off though.
I'm watching the Switch announcement conference now. And yes, so excited for KH 2.8 in a week and a half lol.

I'm watching the Switch announcement conference now. And yes, so excited for KH 2.8 in a week and a half lol.

Yep! Though I'm not sure where to start! I kinda wish the 1.5/2.5 remix was coming out first so I could start with KH 1. Never had a PS3 so I haven't played KH 1 & 2 in yearssss. And I think the only other one I played in the meantime was Chain of Memories on the DS.

KH games across so many platforms got a bit confusing. I don't remember a lot of the story

Yep! Though I'm not sure where to start! I kinda wish the 1.5/2.5 remix was coming out first so I could start with KH 1. Never had a PS3 so I haven't played KH 1 & 2 in yearssss. And I think the only other one I played in the meantime was Chain of Memories on the DS.

KH games across so many platforms got a bit confusing. I don't remember a lot of the story
Spoiler video!

Have you played Dream Drop Distance yet?

Nope. Never had a 3DS
Thankfully DDD is on 2.8, def play that first. And there's a fair twist in it so if you want to save that don't watch the end part of that video (he says when he'll cover DDD stuff)

Just I, II, and chain of memories
If you're ever interested in watching playthroughs of the other games before playing 2.8, check out NicoB on YouTube. I've loved watching his gameplay. He's played all of 1.5 and 2.5 to date.

I really, really miss my PS2...
Not just for things like KH and Okami, but Lego Star Wars

I have a hard time keeping them all straight. Will all of them be available on the PS4? I've only played the first one years ago but I really enjoyed it. I'd like to play the others.

I was able to preorder a Nintendo Switch and the Master edition of Zelda. So excited! It looks amazing and I can't wait to play it!

I really want to preorder a Switch and Breath of the Wild but I've got to make my financial aid package last until August so I'm tight on funds for a while, especially because it's looking like I've got to put $450 into replacing all of my lost keys. :(

I really, really miss my PS2...
Not just for things like KH and Okami, but Lego Star Wars
Not sure about Kingdom Hearts and Lego Star Wars, but if you've got a PS3 or Wii, there's versions of Okami available for those systems. I lurf Okami. :love:

I have a hard time keeping them all straight. Will all of them be available on the PS4? I've only played the first one years ago but I really enjoyed it. I'd like to play the others.

I was able to preorder a Nintendo Switch and the Master edition of Zelda. So excited! It looks amazing and I can't wait to play it!
There is remaster/finals mixes of 1, 2, BBS, Re:COM and movies of 358/2 and coded that will be available for PS4 in March. 2.8 which is available on US on January 24th had DDD, movie of that KHX MMO thingy, and a brand new game called 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage all at once.