OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts since starting KH 2 (through the 1.5 +2.5 remix of course):

-Oh my have I missed this game. I haven't played in YEARS due to selling my PS2 long ago.
-WHY is this prologue SO FLIPPING LONG? (2.5 hrs, really?). But then again what should I expect from a game with 14 hours of cutscenes 🤣
-I forgot how silly the gummi ship mini-games were
-10 years later, still in love with this game:biglove:
 
Thoughts since starting KH 2 (through the 1.5 +2.5 remix of course):

-Oh my have I missed this game. I haven't played in YEARS due to selling my PS2 long ago.
-WHY is this prologue SO FLIPPING LONG? (2.5 hrs, really?). But then again what should I expect from a game with 14 hours of cutscenes 🤣
-I forgot how silly the gummi ship mini-games were
-10 years later, still in love with this game:biglove:
Roxas is best intro sequence AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME OTHERWISE
 
Roxas is best intro sequence AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME OTHERWISE
But I can! 😛

Jk it wasn't too bad. 😛 I actually think I was really spoiled by playing 1.5 (chain on memories) on GB first, because it introduced Org XIII and explained Sora's year of sleep. I can only imagine playing KH 2 right after 1 and thinking "WTF IS GOING ON WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????" Then again I constantly got confused with KH's timeline (I started the franchise with chain of memories lololol) as I went along so maybe it isn't anything new :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, I'm deciding whether I need the Switch and Zelda.... I realllllly want it but I tried to convince myself I don't need it until Pokemon Stars comes out Dec 2017/2018.... But Zelda looks so goooood....

:help:
 
Guys, I'm deciding whether I need the Switch and Zelda.... I realllllly want it but I tried to convince myself I don't need it until Pokemon Stars comes out Dec 2017/2018.... But Zelda looks so goooood....

:help:
Same, tbh. I'm justifying waiting by watching GameGrumps play Zelda and knowing that there will be bundle deals during holiday.
 
Horizon Zero Dawn is an AMAZING game. One of my favorites for sure. I finished it right before ME:A came out.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
So can I just say I actually really like Mass Effect Andromeda? I love the exploration/sciency feel of it. Yeah character creation/animation leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm having a really fun time playing. Love the flexible class system too. Still jealous of my dad playing HZD though. And I really wish I could play BoTW :arghh: such beautiful games
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Horizon Zero Dawn is an AMAZING game. One of my favorites for sure. I finished it right before ME:A came out.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just started Horizon a couple of weeks ago and it quickly became one of my favourites! I'm waiting for my BF to be done with Zelda BoTW so that I can give it a go. Never been much of a Zelda fan but it looks too good to not give it a try!

Also looking forward to trying Prey! Can anyone tell me if its as good as I hope it'll be?
 
I just started Horizon a couple of weeks ago and it quickly became one of my favourites! I'm waiting for my BF to be done with Zelda BoTW so that I can give it a go. Never been much of a Zelda fan but it looks too good to not give it a try!

Also looking forward to trying Prey! Can anyone tell me if its as good as I hope it'll be?



Here's a mini-review for Prey from a channel I watch.
 
Are folks replaying KH games because of the upcoming KH III? I have an original PS2 from aaaages ago, but I don't think it's functional 🙁.

I was crazy into KH as a kid. I even imported Japanese versions and learned how to rig my PS2 to get them to work. I'm looking forward to the next game, but at the same time I can't afford a PS4 or anything like that to be able to play it 🙁.
 
Are folks replaying KH games because of the upcoming KH III? I have an original PS2 from aaaages ago, but I don't think it's functional 🙁.

I was crazy into KH as a kid. I even imported Japanese versions and learned how to rig my PS2 to get them to work. I'm looking forward to the next game, but at the same time I can't afford a PS4 or anything like that to be able to play it 🙁.
I want to. Once I'm done with Persona 5.



So by the time KH3 comes out.. :arghh:
 
Are folks replaying KH games because of the upcoming KH III? I have an original PS2 from aaaages ago, but I don't think it's functional 🙁.

I was crazy into KH as a kid. I even imported Japanese versions and learned how to rig my PS2 to get them to work. I'm looking forward to the next game, but at the same time I can't afford a PS4 or anything like that to be able to play it 🙁.

I did this. I totally forgot that I did this!
 
Not sure if this is the right place or not... but I play the CLASH OF CLANS app. I have inherited a clan from the person who was the leader because he is too busy to play now. It has been around a long time but we have slowly lost our players, and it is a bit of a mess now.

Myself, MrsSOV, and gellabella (an old time SDNer and Pennwe classmate of mine) are the only reliable players left. We are a level 8 clan, more than 1/2 way to level 9, so we have great clan perks.

We need new reliable blood to rejuvenate the clan.
If you have never played I encourage you to give it a try and then when you get to build your clan castle, join with us.
If you have played in past or are playing I encourage you to join us. We donate, and are very nice people as you know. We are looking for people who when they commit to fight in war will always use both attacks, and will donate back to others when there is no clan war. We fight twice a week usually... just ask that you update your profile to opt out when you can't fight.

If you are interested, PM me and we can exchange info.

Our clan name is Hansa crew. Our clan ID is #8J9P8YGP

If you just want to friend me (I have no idea what that does) I am "tiki cat" and my ID is #PJ88VPQ9 (although it may be PO9. hard to read)

Let's rule the world SDNers!
 
Someone needs to take control of my bank account

And remind me how many unplayed games I have
budget.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been replaying Trauma Center on DS lately and enjoying the nostalgia. Also sad that surgery doesn't take five minutes and it's nearly 2018 with no magical antibiotic gel in sight. Anyone else play those games?

I have the Second Opinion version for Wii! I remember wanting it back when the wii first came out, and finally snagged it for like $2 at gamestop last year. actually played it just a couple weeks ago, but I'm still stuck on one obscenely frustrating level (seriously, I feel like at that point even real surgery would be easier than doing it with wiimote/nunchuk nonsense). I didn't know the series was originally for DS until I bought this one and read up on it--sounds like a way better platform for this type of game.

Totally agree with bolded. Also disappointed that I can't magically slow down time and gain the healing touch by tracing arcane symbols in the air (not that I can even do it in-game with these wonky wii controls)
 
I've been replaying Trauma Center on DS lately and enjoying the nostalgia. Also sad that surgery doesn't take five minutes and it's nearly 2018 with no magical antibiotic gel in sight. Anyone else play those games?

flameshock, have you played Ghost Trick on DS? It's by the same guy who did Ace Attorney.

Trauma Team on Wii was my jam. Love those games!
 
I have the Second Opinion version for Wii! I remember wanting it back when the wii first came out, and finally snagged it for like $2 at gamestop last year. actually played it just a couple weeks ago, but I'm still stuck on one obscenely frustrating level (seriously, I feel like at that point even real surgery would be easier than doing it with wiimote/nunchuk nonsense). I didn't know the series was originally for DS until I bought this one and read up on it--sounds like a way better platform for this type of game.

Totally agree with bolded. Also disappointed that I can't magically slow down time and gain the healing touch by tracing arcane symbols in the air (not that I can even do it in-game with these wonky wii controls)
Controls are not that sensitive on the original DS one (I keep not getting my sutures recognized). The drain is more annoying because you have to keep drawing up with the stylus, and it's really easy to move off of the area to drain when you need to reposition the stylus to keep draining. Drawing the star is far easier, though.

If you have a DS and want to play it, try the sequel. Graphics are better, controls are streamlined, and tools are more efficient.

Which operation are you stuck on? My hangups are on Deftera and Triti.
 
I played Trauma Center once when I was young (rented it from Family Video, of all places). Recently watched GameGrumps play it on Wii, makes me nostalgic. Someday I'll pony up the eBay money to buy it myself.
 
Controls are not that sensitive on the original DS one (I keep not getting my sutures recognized). The drain is more annoying because you have to keep drawing up with the stylus, and it's really easy to move off of the area to drain when you need to reposition the stylus to keep draining. Drawing the star is far easier, though.

If you have a DS and want to play it, try the sequel. Graphics are better, controls are streamlined, and tools are more efficient.

Which operation are you stuck on? My hangups are on Deftera and Triti.

It's the deftera. [emoji31] finally mastered the first segment of that op but still can't get past the crazy-fast part afterward.
 
It's the deftera. [emoji31] finally mastered the first segment of that op but still can't get past the crazy-fast part afterward.
Hey, that's where I stalled out recently!

Did you know that Deftera bounces off of antibiotic gel? It's useful for corralling them during the first part of the operation and get it finished faster. It should work for keeping same-color pairs apart on the second segment, but I'm not that skilled 🙁.
 
Hey, that's where I stalled out recently!

Did you know that Deftera bounces off of antibiotic gel? It's useful for corralling them during the first part of the operation and get it finished faster. It should work for keeping same-color pairs apart on the second segment, but I'm not that skilled 🙁.
Seriously?! whoa. Keeping that in mind for whenever I get back home and try again :prof: (I'd even read walkthroughs for this level and I don't think they ever mentioned this)
 
Didn't hide mine well enough. Dropped 20 bucks and got Bioshock 1, Metro 2033, and Dead Space 1 and 2.

Now for them to sit in my library and gather dust until I decide to actually play them in however many years
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad