OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think someone needs to stage an intervention

q7PHBOyl.png

That playtime Sunday... smoke noobs everyday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Come now, that's a solid hour for eating/showering/sex/taxes/etc, with eight hours to sleep. I fail to see any problem.

haha, its really been more like two-three hours of walking my dog/going to agility/reading for neuro book club and five-six hours of sleeping per day but man i'm getting old for this ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Took a trip down nostalgia lane today and just bought Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario All Stars for SNES. Can't wait for them to arrive. Never actually had those games myself and just played them at friends' houses.

Reactions: 4 users
I enjoy pc over console for multiplayer games. I play mostly League of Legends and Runescape. I have tons of steam games to play. Figure I could knock some out once I'm over at SGU with any few hours I'll have available if accepted. I play mostly retro games on console (xbox 360, xbox one and ps3). I'm currently playing through kingdom hearts 2.5 remix. I also stream on twitch.tv - have pretty decent following of 1.5k.

I havent played any halos past halo reach back in high school. I'm more waiting on ps4 for the new god of war, crash bandicoot, kingdom Hearts, etc with December sale.

I also just realized I need to get games for my ancient PS2. We bought it from an employee a longggg time ago and it's basically acted liked a DVD player in my parents' basement since then. I took it off their hands now that I have my own place and need to get some games for it. Kingdom Hearts is definitely on the list and was thinking of Spyro as well. Any other recommendations people have? I was basically an SES/N64 and Xbox (halo mainly) kid growing up so I'm not quite as familiar with the system.

Reactions: 1 user
@orca2011 If you want to try ps2 games, I'd recommend to make sure they won't glitch out on you. I've bought some years ago where the disc actually didnt work - its why I got the ps3 instead. Alot of the ps2/ps1 games were remade and combined if they're series. It comes out cheaper in the long run just buying them for ps3. Heres a list I have so far for ps2 games:

God of War Series
Kingdom Hearts
Ratchet and Clank
Harry Potter
Mortal Kombat
Sonic Collections
Jak and Dexter
Metal Gear Solid
Prince of Persia
Tomb Raider
Spiderman - my oldest brother loved this game.
Sly Cooper
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - you can actually get this on steam
Devil May Cry
Crash Bandicoot
Resident Evil
Spyro
Crash Nitro Cart - pretty fun racing game even for solo play. we use to waste tons of time on it and get so mad at the game lol
Hitman Series - can be purchased on steam for much cheaper
Castlevania - never played the ps2 version but my dad had the nes system for it. i'm like 60% sure they're bringing it to steam
Treasure Planet - i lost the disc and was never able to finish it but it was pretty neat game

Sly cooper!! I own all three games for the Ps2

Just wanted to see how many other followers of the pre-vet forum play video games! I've seen Skyrim and other games mentioned a few times, and it made me curious :)

If you do play, do you play on a console or on PC? What games do you play? Are you a fan of RPG, MMO, or FPS games?

And most importantly, are you excited for Halo 4 to come out this week? :D

all of my cats are named from Skyrim (Dovahkiin, Karliah, and Zaynabi)... I have two of my cats in realist tattooed on my back with their names in Thu'um (#noregrets)

I have an XBOX One but I also play on PC! (Steam is a godsend...). I also play WoW with my husband (Horde exclusively.. sorry Alliance) :) Halo 4 was awesome btw!

Just got a PS4. First console system since a Gamecube. :p Primarily got it for Overwatch, but also for the Tales games/JRPGs. For a "starter set" I got Overwatch and then the two PS4 Tales games, and FFX|X2. If anyone has any games to recommend, I'm all ears - I've got a lot to learn!

Just got a PS4. First console system since a Gamecube. Primarily got it for Overwatch, but also for the Tales games/JRPGs. For a "starter set" I got Overwatch and then the two PS4 Tales games, and FFX|X2. If anyone has any games to recommend, I'm all ears - I've got a lot to learn!
It kind of depends on what you like to play honestly the PS4 is a great console though. I'm sure it's quite a difference from the GameCube in terms of interface and graphics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Just got a PS4. First console system since a Gamecube. :p Primarily got it for Overwatch, but also for the Tales games/JRPGs. For a "starter set" I got Overwatch and then the two PS4 Tales games, and FFX|X2. If anyone has any games to recommend, I'm all ears - I've got a lot to learn!
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts (you can get 6/8 games on one disc)
Horizon Zero Dawn (my GotY)
Witcher 3

Those should have you set literally for life. They are big story RPGs.

Members don't see this ad :)
So not a Ps4 game... but if you are a huge RPG nerd like me I REALLY RECOMMEND the brand new Divinity Original Sin 2 for PC. OMG IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD.

For PS4 RPGs, I suggest:
Dragon Age Inquisition
Witcher 3
and OF COURSE Horizon Zero Dawn (If you have to pick one, and you like an AMAZING story line with an odd premise such as fighting Robots in a post-apocalyptic world with a primitive civilization.. you should pick HZD)

Thanks for the recs. :D Picked up a bunch of them. I basically have enough games to last me for ages. :p

I ended up pre-ordering the HZD complete version that comes out early December because it'll be at least that long before I get to it. :laugh:

Love my Xbox. On my 3rd or 4th iteration of it now all in the name of being able to play Skyrim when I want. I am a diehard Morrowind and Oblivion fan. Still think they were much more interesting than Skyrim and definitely didn't spoon feed you ("Go west until you find the thing"). However Skyrim is great in its own right. And then there are all the mods..........

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Not enough people in my class are nerds...but I know YOU’LL appreciate me!

Made this as a valentines gift for a gamer friend of mine:

B10_CF46_A-1507-4762-9797-740_A3_B4_F8_E35.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Finally caved and I've started getting a game or two for my PS2 which is actually still functional. Ordered a memory card since I don't have any and Kingdom Hearts 1+2 since it was a bundled deal. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Reactions: 3 users
Finally caved and I've started getting a game or two for my PS2 which is actually still functional. Ordered a memory card since I don't have any and Kingdom Hearts 1+2 since it was a bundled deal. Can't wait for them to arrive.
YES

If you can, I HIGHLY suggest and encourage you to play the side games, or watch a Let's Play. With KH3 coming out this year, if the KH series is something you get into, you will have NO CLUE what's going on in 3 unless you at least watch the side games. It sucks, but the side titles do have importance to the storyline as a whole. Except Coded. **** Coded.

I do! Well, when I have time and remember to do so. I played Sunless Seas a little bit as well, and helped Kickstart Sunless Skies.
Cool! Feast of the Rose is winding down, so I'm looking for fewer social actions now. I can exchange gifts if you're still looking for Masquing, though (same username).

Haven't played Sunless Seas except on the free weekend, but I've tried Sunless Skies. Unfortunately, I'm one of the Mac players who still has Z-fighting. Not fun to play when it looks like this :(

20180218081529_1.jpg

Well moving in with the gamer boyfriend and getting an early bday gift of a shiny new laptop means a return to gaming for me! Bae and I spent most of the weekend playing Stardew Valley and Maplestory. Any SDNers on Steam?

Well moving in with the gamer boyfriend and getting an early bday gift of a shiny new laptop means a return to gaming for me! Bae and I spent most of the weekend playing Stardew Valley and Maplestory. Any SDNers on Steam?
I loooove stardew valley, it's my go to destressor lol. I also enjoy snakes pass for the same reason, even if I object to portraying a cartoon snake as a vegetarian.

I play mostly retro games on console (xbox 360, xbox one and ps3

Wait. Are the 360 and PS3 considered retro now? I've never felt old. But if the 360 is retro, I feel old.

Also, very annoyed cause my xboxone won't play bioshock straight from the disc and it's taking forever to download.

Bioshock is worth the wait though :love:

Have played all the way through before!!! :) Just on 360 and my parents have all the games in Texas. Lol.

Ended up never loading, so I'm taking the xbox and games to the school tomorrow to download everything.

I've never played any of Bethesda's games before; I finished Skyrim about a month ago (well, as much as you can finish). Really enjoyed it! Then I played God of War (also a fantastic story!) Now I'm onto Fallout 4 and really loving it.

I've never played any of Bethesda's games before; I finished Skyrim about a month ago (well, as much as you can finish). Really enjoyed it! Then I played God of War (also a fantastic story!) Now I'm onto Fallout 4 and really loving it.
I’m currently playing Dishonored (also by Bethesda) on my 360 and I love it. I’m already a big fan of the Assassins Creed games but this assassin game requires much more skill and encourages keeping people alive as much as possible. I also really like the story!

I’m currently playing Dishonored (also by Bethesda) on my 360 and I love it. I’m already a big fan of the Assassins Creed games but this assassin game requires much more skill and encourages keeping people alive as much as possible. I also really like the story!
Update: Finished Dishonored and am now on Dishonored 2. Holy cow this game is beautiful and improves just about every issue I had with the first game. The soundtrack is beautiful. The voice acting is superb. The atmosphere is so incredible. I'm going to milk playing this game for as long as possible.

Do iiiitt
I need to continue my replay. So many things I want to do this summer, so little time lol
I watched my bf play that one and I played Bioshock Infinite. I adored Infinite. The first game was also pretty darn good, but I liked Infinite more. I bought Bioshock 2 for my 360 but I haven't touched it yet.

I watched my bf play that one and I played Bioshock Infinite. I adored Infinite. The first game was also pretty darn good, but I liked Infinite more. I bought Bioshock 2 for my 360 but I haven't touched it yet.
I'd say 2 is the weakest of the trilogy but it's still lots of fun. Infinite is a beautiful game :love:

Anyone play FFXIV, or want to play?

I just reactivated my account and got the new (not exactly new, came out like a year ago) version downloaded!

But, I'm positive that when I log in today, I'll discover that I was long ago kicked out of my free company for inactivity. This game is a lot more fun with friends, so would love to build up my contact list again!

Big time gamer here, currently aside from working at a clinic and a dog rescue, it's what I spend my free times doing. Own a PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch among all the old handhelds I used to love and still pick up from time to time. Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Monster Hunter World, Mario Tennis, Skyrim- all among my favorites. Hoping to still be able to enjoy some gaming between studying :thinking:

So, while I'm home, I stay the night at my boyfriend's. He leaves at 6 for work, so I mooch and play his PS4 since I don't have one. Only game I've played is Horizon Zero Dawn and had a theory (that i haven't looked into at all in order to avoid spoilers)

*Spoilers since I don't know how to do the spoilers box thingy*

Does anyone else think HZD is taking place in Colorado? Mile High Stadium, Red Rocks, and the AF Academy are all vantage points.

So, while I'm home, I stay the night at my boyfriend's. He leaves at 6 for work, so I mooch and play his PS4 since I don't have one. Only game I've played is Horizon Zero Dawn and had a theory (that i haven't looked into at all in order to avoid spoilers)

*Spoilers since I don't know how to do the spoilers box thingy*

Does anyone else think HZD is taking place in Colorado? Mile High Stadium, Red Rocks, and the AF Academy are all vantage points.
It's not too much a spoiler, since the game revolves around the idea that this is a post-apocalyptic earth situation. But yes, I agree. I think it takes place in a condensed version of the upper midwestern states.

In that upper bar, click "insert" and there's your spoiler option