OT What are you cooking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s called “The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook: 650 Recipes for Everything You'll Ever Want to Make” I’d share a link from the amazon page, but SDN doesn’t let you do that.
It’s also really nice because it gives you color photos of how to cook things/ dumbs down the recipes so you’re not automatically expected to know how to do advanced cooking stuff!!

And it’s categorized first by type of meal (breakfast, soups, salads, a section called burgers, sandwiches, pizza, and more, chicken, beef/ pork/ lamb, seafood, vegetarian mains, pasta, grilling, slow cookers, vegetable side dishes, and desserts.

It’s honestly a fantastic cookbook.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been using my slow cooker a fair amount. Made @Trilt ‘s famous soup, then burrito bowl mix, and a veggie lasagna. Usually just make one recipe which serves as lunches for the next 1-1 1/2 weeks.

Go to dinner is usually some variation of stir fry. I keep a ton of frozen veggies and prawns in the fridge so I don’t need to cut up quite as much stuff as I would otherwise. Favourite is teriyaki sauce and quinoa added, though did lentils the other night and it was tasty.

The veggie lasagna turned out really nicely, if anyone wants to recipe I’m happy to post it. Since it was crock pot food it was super easy as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4A3BDCE1-C088-41B9-B22F-C43FB0C691AC.jpeg


Steak with fried red potatoes and a parsley-garlic sauce! Really good- probably wouldn’t make the sauce again though
 
View attachment 240144

Steak with fried red potatoes and a parsley-garlic sauce! Really good- probably wouldn’t make the sauce again though
Confirmed carnivore here... yes please!

We had a pizza dinner thing at school last night. I helped clean up afterwards, and got a few slices to take home for my trouble. I actually enjoy pizza (a lot of students seem to burn out on it) so that made me happy.
 
Confirmed carnivore here... yes please!

We had a pizza dinner thing at school last night. I helped clean up afterwards, and got a few slices to take home for my trouble. I actually enjoy pizza (a lot of students seem to burn out on it) so that made me happy.
Nice! I like pizza, but yeah I got burned out on pizza myself- that’s what a lot of clubs/ lunch n learns offered, so I had pizza for lunch easily two times a week for a good chunk of time. So it burned me out.


That being said, that does NOT include Chicago style pizza- either thin crust or deep dish. I can eat my weight in Chicago style pizza and still want more (and am counting down the days until I go back to Chi)
 
Confirmed carnivore here... yes please!

We had a pizza dinner thing at school last night. I helped clean up afterwards, and got a few slices to take home for my trouble. I actually enjoy pizza (a lot of students seem to burn out on it) so that made me happy.
I’m in your same boat. I actually get excited when it’s pizza because I know it’s sometjing I’ll like
 
Nice! I like pizza, but yeah I got burned out on pizza myself- that’s what a lot of clubs/ lunch n learns offered, so I had pizza for lunch easily two times a week for a good chunk of time. So it burned me out.


That being said, that does NOT include Chicago style pizza- either thin crust or deep dish. I can eat my weight in Chicago style pizza and still want more (and am counting down the days until I go back to Chi)
WHAT. BUT YOURE IN A PERPETUAL STATE OF WANTING PIZZA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that some people do not like tomatoes, or chili, because they have a sensitive GI tract...(and I probably should, but that is why prilosec was invented, right??) With that said, I love chili. I love the chili my daddy made, with the meat in small tiny pieces, no beans, just wonderful meat, tomatoey chilly taste. (it was hamburger meat, onion, chili powder, tomato sauce, and a couple of secret ingredients he never divulged, but I think beer was one of them) Then my hubby came along, and makes what I think of as "Yankee Chili"...with kidney beans, the meat in larger chunks, and actual chunks of tomato (hamburger, rotel, kidney beans, onion, chili powder) it is very good too! (especially when I convinced him to use light kidney beans instead of the dark ones. So I can say that there are merits to both chili with beans and chili without beans. Both can be yummy! (and I have had not yummy versions of both, also...)
 
And today I have for lunch leftovers...it is a Pittsburgh dish....cabbage, onion, bacon, egg noodles (and salt and pepper and garlic) ooooo so good, with kielbasa on the side.
 
it is starting to be chili weather, you know...(anything under 90 is chili weather, by the way)
 
alright then. First you’re anti cheese and now you’re anti chili??? Where does the betrayal end????
I never said I was anti cheese! In fact I am very pro cheese. I just think too much cheese can kill a food dish. Cheese lava pools are a no no.
 
We had a pizza dinner thing at school last night. I helped clean up afterwards, and got a few slices to take home for my trouble. I actually enjoy pizza (a lot of students seem to burn out on it) so that made me happy.
The funny thing here is every club is like "Let's not do pizza, everyone does pizza" and so despite attending multiple club meetings a week for two years, I can count on one hand the number of times the provided food has been pizza :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tilapia with lime salt ( tajhin) seasoning with salsa and a sprinkle of panco. With cauliflower rice as well. For dinner home made spring rolls and sauce for dipping. Also rosemary chicken drumsticks with the rolls. ( low calorie chicken is 150 a drumstick and the rolls are about 120-180 all together)