OT What are you cooking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's cold. It's raining. I made soup:

Creamy Vegan Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
(with curry powder and chili powder and about 18x more ginger than they recommended because that's what makes it good. :p)
Omg I've been craving coconut soup. Its on my list for this week.

Members don't see this ad.

I fixed "beef stew" yesterday. prepped and threw it in the crockpot. basically my crockpot roast recipe, only with stew meat instead of a roast. and egg noodles. yummy!!

Porkchop with my cheater excuse for mushroom gravy (condensed cream of mushroom soup spooned on directly from the can... people either think it's genius or are horrified, there is no in between apparently), sauteed veggies, and cheater pasta (one of the Knorr sidekicks envelopes).

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone vegan or vegan-ish?

Reactions: 1 user
I make vegan recipes pretty often but am nowhere near vegan. My partner has laughed at me for making vegan recipes with bacon grease before lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm just vegetarian, but maybe know some stuffs.

Hi yes I am the weirdo
LOL me too, although I guess right now I'd classify myself as vegan-ish because I'm poor and will occasionally eat the vegetarian option provided at work meetings if there isn't a vegan modification I can do.

I make vegan recipes pretty often but am nowhere near vegan. My partner has laughed at me for making vegan recipes with bacon grease before lol.
Share me some recipes! I'm in a bad rut right now of just eating teriyaki tofu every single day. (ETA: Its a good rut as in delicious but ya know.)

Also specifically looking for a good curry recipe from scratch because I am missing some good legit curry from the islands.

Anyone vegan or vegan-ish?

Mostly. Anything I cook for myself is. It’s hard avoiding butter, etc when eating out or at friends houses so I’m not too strict then. But no meat.

Mostly. Anything I cook for myself is. It’s hard avoiding butter, etc when eating out or at friends houses so I’m not too strict then. But no meat.
That's pretty much how I am. All vegan at home but if its free and there's no option when I'm elsewhere, eh. Trying to figure out how to gently nag my work into getting vegan options at the weekly meetings though because I used to stray extremely rarely and now its probably every other week a lovely evening of GI upset from eating something dairy.

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite blogs right now are It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken and Vegan Richa. Lots of good recipes there! Vegan Richa has a lot of Indian food recipes, though obviously that’s not the kind of curry you’re craving.

Also specifically looking for a good curry recipe from scratch because I am missing some good legit curry from the islands.

Me! Me! I love curry. I’ve been collecting recipes. Mostly Indian curries. I’ll PM you.

Also, I just discovered these ready made curries at whole foods by Maya Kaimal. They’re in the “ethnic food” section and I just throw some frozen veggies and a can of chick peas or some cubed tofu in a pot with it for 10 minutes and it’s done and they are SO GOOD!

That's pretty much how I am. All vegan at home but if its free and there's no option when I'm elsewhere, eh. Trying to figure out how to gently nag my work into getting vegan options at the weekly meetings though because I used to stray extremely rarely and now its probably every other week a lovely evening of GI upset from eating something dairy.
This is the one time I ever ask for accommodations with food haha with friends I’ll go where ever and eat fries or a plain salad, but if I have to go to a work meeting I want to eat damn it lol

Can you look at the menu and request they order you something? That way they don’t have to figure it out themselves.

Also The Easy Vegan blog/YouTube channel has lots of delicious and also simple recipes. Plus he’s hilarious.

I was gonna recommend some different recipes I like, but apparently they are 100% not vegan outside of the pesto potatoes. Whoops.

I am vegetarian but dairy is often pretty easy to replace or omit in the recipes I make.

Have posted a lot. If you like spicy things likely my Mexican recipes will be of most interest. I do have a good recipe for panang curry that is vegan but it is NOT authentic I don't think. It uses kale and sweet potato which I've never had in.restaurant versions before :/

But have you had their Beyond burger because that thing is delicious. Weird but delicious haha
I love those things. I live right by a coop that sells them. My partner and I both love them. A little spendy but worth it!!

What have I been cooking lately? Nothing lol

I attempted to make gluten free bread pudding from all the leftover thanksgiving bread I had. And I made gluten free vegetarian lasagna for Thanksgiving. I highly recommend this recipe: Fresh Vegetable Lasagna with Spinach and Zucchini be warned though, it requires so much cheese

I am gluten free (celiac) and vegetarian. Any recipes for lazy people are accepted lol

Stress baking is what happens when health scare and waiting to hear from schools anxiety meets the great British baking show. The products:
IMG_1917.jpg
IMG_1971.jpg
IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I got persimmons in my weekly produce box and made butternut-persimmon soup.

It is solidly "OK" - a bit sweeter than I like, but good with sriracha. :thumbup:

Creamy Vegan Persimmon Butternut Squash Soup

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a persimmon. All I know about them was they apparently cause impactions in horses, haha. Thank you vet school education.

I made mussels last night, and they turned out amazing. I then without thinking put them in my fridge, which has konked out, so they've basically been at room temperature for 24 hours. Between them being delicious and having counted on them to feed me for the next few days, I'm super sad!

I made veggie shepherds pie last night and it made me wonder why it's not one of my common rotating recipes. So good and I always have the stuff.

Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie - Step by Step Photos - Budget Bytes

I used a package of boca crumbles instead of bothering to make lentils and mashed a metric ****ton of roasted garlic into my mashed potatoes. Mmm.

I made more of the bread thing
56582413432__DD8C677B-773C-4A6B-B945-5488F4D779B9.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Somebody remind me to open up my pomegranates later tonight :hungry:

also I made buffalo chicken dip today and it was delicious. Got demolished at the class potluck this afternoon lmao

I haven't had a working fridge since last Friday, so it was a can of soup to the rescue for me tonight. New one is supposed to finally be here tomorrow morning, and I can't wait!

I am making shakshuka tonight.

The first time I ever made it was with a guy, he found the recipe and bought all the ingredients; it was delicious

The next time I made it was on my own and it came out weird. I didnt save it.

We will see how it goes - taste tests are promising :D
Recipe: Shakshuka - Recipe Video for Delicious Middle Eastern Dish

I am also drinking tonight.

I am making shakshuka tonight.

The first time I ever made it was with a guy, he found the recipe and bought all the ingredients; it was delicious

The next time I made it was on my own and it came out weird. I didnt save it.

We will see how it goes - taste tests are promising :D
Recipe: Shakshuka - Recipe Video for Delicious Middle Eastern Dish

I am also drinking tonight.
I discovered shakshuka a couple months ago and have made it routinely ever since. **** is delicious and enough for the two of us fits perfectly in my tiny cast iron.

I made rye bread

I made it when I was home earlier this month but tried to use the warming drawer at my parents house and I think it was too hot and it rose too quickly so my bread was flat.

But it turned out so well today!!!
Maybe a little under-proved (it has a crack around the bottom... per Paul Hollywood this means I should let it prove longer?), but it rose and it’s so big and pretty!

Attachments

• 72CA44E7-652C-45E9-B62E-5589A0CB68A8.jpeg
    72CA44E7-652C-45E9-B62E-5589A0CB68A8.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 71
  • E3D30458-FBAB-41F4-A891-CA761D36C7B8.jpeg
    E3D30458-FBAB-41F4-A891-CA761D36C7B8.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 6 users
I made rye bread

I made it when I was home earlier this month but tried to use the warming drawer at my parents house and I think it was too hot and it rose too quickly so my bread was flat.

Maybe a little under-proved (it has a crack around the bottom... per Paul Hollywood this means I should let it prove longer?), but it rose and it’s so big and pretty!
Follow up: dinner is vegan ranch and avocado on homemade rye.

Grebes is happy rn

Attachments

• DA5722BC-F9ED-4730-9977-5CC5176081FE.jpeg
    DA5722BC-F9ED-4730-9977-5CC5176081FE.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 72
I made rye bread

Ooooo gimme

I made rye bread

You've inspired me to revive my bread maker, which is sitting neglected in the cupboard. It's probably cheaper to buy the ingredients than to keep buying the bread!

I just tried the follow your heart brand vegan Parmesan and HOLY FORKING SHIRT BALLS this stuff is so good! It tastes just like normal Parmesan. My usual lazy go-to meal is pasta with jarred sauce + loads of Parm. It just doesn’t work without the parm.

I have my easy lazy meal back and I’m so happy.