General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Academic Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marie12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with academic update? Every time I try to uncheck the "Planned/In Progress" box and save it, it says "A system error occurred, Please contact system administrator." I already emailed OTCAS because their phone line was too busy, but I just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having trouble with academic update? Every time I try to uncheck the "Planned/In Progress" box and save it, it says "A system error occurred, Please contact system administrator." I already emailed OTCAS because their phone line was too busy, but I just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues?

I am had the same issue. All you can do is call them. The wait was not too bad and they do call backs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to list a class we plan to take for spring semester 2016? I have had my application verified by OTCAS for the classes that I have already completed, but wish to add a semester and class under transcript entry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and got it straightened out. I was unchecking the "Planned/In Progress" box and saving it right away, but you are supposed to uncheck the box and edit your courses for the semester before saving it. I thought you were supposed to do it separately. It is a little hard to explain, but if you call them, they will help you through it step by step

So everything got verified, but it doesn't look like my GPA changed, even when I clicked on a new program. I was wondering if it showed up the same way for everyone else?

I just checked my update, and there is definitely an error! My grade and credits for my fall class do not show up in the transcript entry section or on the applications that were sent to schools, despite OTCAS saying they successfully verified my academic update. They must have a glitch in their system. I am going to call first thing tomorrow.

I called and they are fixing my account. Should be done by Monday at the latest. If the same thing happened to anyone else, call them asap.