General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Verification 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KNLOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been verified on OTCAS this cycle yet? When did you submit and how long after were you verified?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine has been verified!

I paid and submitted on August 6, and was verified on August 21st.

This is my second year applying, and it took much longer to be verified this year than last.

What needs to happen before I can get mine verified? Is it only regarding the transcript entry or do the letters of rec and my personal statement need to be in before too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid to send my first application on August 11th and was verified on the 23rd. They say it takes between 2-4 weeks. I'm not sure if it includes recommendation letters or just transcripts. I had it all in at the same so everything is verified.

I submitted the 26th and was verified this morning which I feel was very fast!

I submitted the 31st of Aug. I did the professional transcript entry which takes 10 days.
So I should be FULLY submitted by Fri the latest to get verified starting next week.

how can you see what your pre-req GPA for a school is? I only see cumulative on OTCAS

To those who have been verified, what happens after you e-submit your application? In my confirmation email it said it still had to be completed (payment processed) for it to be verified. Do you receive a confirmation the payment was processed? TIA!

Does anyone know if you can edit your transcript entry after you're verified? Ie, if I wanted to apply to some schools now but want to add classes/grades for next semester for schools I want to apply in a few months?

Members don't see this ad :)
My OTCAs transcript verification just got done and mine is now completed! Just waiting for verification of GPA, yay!
I just submitted my application today and I paid for professional transcript entry. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'm anxious!!

I just submitted my application today and I paid for professional transcript entry. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'm anxious!!

It takes 10 days. They stated during peak periods it can take longer, but as long as all of your transcripts and evaluations are completed, it should run smoother. After transcript entry you verify your transcripts and pre-req's and then finish and then it's in line for verification to get released to the schools.

My application is complete as of today too! Does anyone know if schools can begin looking at our applications in the complete phase or does the application need to be verified by the deadline to be in on time?

My application is complete as of today too! Does anyone know if schools can begin looking at our applications in the complete phase or does the application need to be verified by the deadline to be in on time?

There's Received, Complete, and Verified.

Schools will only look at applications in the Verified status. It can take 2-4 weeks to get from complete to verified, but lately it has only taken 2-3 business days. Mine took 2 days! The sooner you turn everything in, the quicker it gets verified due to less traffic.

Reactions: 1 users
There's Received, Complete, and Verified.

Schools will only look at applications in the Verified status. It can take 2-4 weeks to get from complete to verified, but lately it has only taken 2-3 business days. Mine took 2 days! The sooner you turn everything in, the quicker it gets verified due to less traffic.
Hi,
Do you get notified for each status (received, complete, and verified)? I submitted mine on Friday and haven't received anything.

Hi,
Do you get notified for each status (received, complete, and verified)? I submitted mine on Friday and haven't received anything.
I wasn't notified when it switched from received to complete, but I just saw the change on the "check status" page in OTCAS

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,
You get notified when your app is verified. It does say 2-4 weeks, maybe recently applications are starting to pile up.

By the way: did you put in your transcript entry by yourself or by means of Professional Transcript Entry? Worse case scenario, OTCAS may have seen an error in transcript entry and will probably send it back to you for correction. Hoping that's not the case!

I wasn't notified when it switched from received to complete, but I just saw the change on the "check status" page in OTCAS
How long did it take to be complete? I submitted a week ago and it still shows received.

Has anyone been verified on OTCAS this cycle yet? When did you submit and how long after were you verified?
Hi! I submitted my apps on 9/14 and was verified on 9/24. I was super anxious about it but if you have everything completed (no pending transcripts, evals, etc.) then it speeds up the process.

Hey, I submitted OTCAS Sept. 8th and officially got verified today. What took long was the Professional Transcript Entry.

Hi! I submitted my apps on 9/14 and was verified on 9/24. I was super anxious about it but if you have everything completed (no pending transcripts, evals, etc.) then it speeds up the process.
Off topic, I really like your Patrick Star picture. It made me laugh during this stressful time!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did I miss the deadline pretty much if the application and verification is due by November 30th? I was just working on editing my personal statement and suddenly saw that it needed to be verified by this deadline :( :(

Did I miss the deadline pretty much if the application and verification is due by November 30th? I was just working on editing my personal statement and suddenly saw that it needed to be verified by this deadline :( :(

Yes. It took my application at least 2-3 weeks to get verified, but it wouldn’t hurt to submit. It depends on if you submit during a “peak” period or not. I’ve seen a few people that it only took a couple of days, but they submitted during summer. Plus it depends on if you are doing professional transcript entry or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It took my application less than a day to get verified but I would suggest just trying it and see what happens rather than not trying at all.

I submitted mine yesterday (I had everything in and ready to go about a week ago, except for my personal statement) and everything is verified today! Can't hurt to hit that apply button!

It took my application less than a day to get verified but I would suggest just trying it and see what happens rather than not trying at all.

Same here! I was verified very quickly. It wouldn’t hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

thank you everyone for their input!

I submitted it on Thanksgiving and it was verified on the same day by 11:30 PM!

Don't loose hope

Did you ever figure out the answer to this?

Your letters of recommendation do not have to be in now. They can be sent at anytime but they obviously need to be there by the schools deadline.

You can always send new GRE scores if you retake it later on, but make sure you see if scores need to be sent to both the school and OTCAS.

They do not start verifying your application until you pay for at least one, and ALL transcripts have to be received. Then they verify it and then you will be able to see your cumulative GPA and all that.

I’m pretty sure your essay has to be done before your application is submitted, I don’t think you can edit that section. But I’m not 100% sure so don’t quote me on that. You can always email a question through OTCAS and they will respond.

Hope this helps!

Your letters of recommendation do not have to be in now. They can be sent at anytime but they obviously need to be there by the schools deadline.

You can always send new GRE scores if you retake it later on, but make sure you see if scores need to be sent to both the school and OTCAS.

They do not start verifying your application until you pay for at least one, and ALL transcripts have to be received. Then they verify it and then you will be able to see your cumulative GPA and all that.

I’m pretty sure your essay has to be done before your application is submitted, I don’t think you can edit that section. But I’m not 100% sure so don’t quote me on that. You can always email a question through OTCAS and they will respond.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for being so helpful with all of the OT questions even though you are already in a program! So, if the application is submitted (without the evaluations in and the GRE score) does that make it open for schools to start looking at it? What would be the point of submitting it when all the information is not in and what if they look at it before some of that information comes in?

Thanks!

Thanks for being so helpful with all of the OT questions even though you are already in a program! So, if the application is submitted (without the evaluations in and the GRE score) does that make it open for schools to start looking at it? What would be the point of submitting it when all the information is not in and what if they look at it before some of that information comes in?

Thanks!

The majority of the schools don’t look at your application until the due date. There are some schools that are on a rolling admissions that do look at them early. The only reason you need to submit at least one application early is bc you want your application verified ASAP so you can fix something or if you are missing a transcript it will take time to send it. Sometimes they verify quickly, but during peak times it can take weeks, so if you wait until the day before the due date your application likely won’t make it. I had everything filled out when I submitted my applications, I was only missing like one letter of recommendation. I would just do everything and just submit it as soon as you can. Hope that helps!