• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

General Admissions & OTCAS OTD Prospective Student

D

deleted1057601

Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide what career I am most interested in. I recently graduated, and I am taking a gap year to get a better perspective. I did not think about Occupational Therapy, because I thought you had to have a degree in Occupational Sciences to get into OTD programs. I have taken the GRE; my score is low, but my GPA is solid. I haven't been able to shadow because of the pandemic. My parents are worried, because they think that they field is becoming saturated. Is the field becoming saturated? How much does the GRE score weigh in application decisions?

sngot

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
www.youtube.com
  1. Occupational Therapist
This may help determine how occupational therapy is within your proximal vicinity: Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2019.
The field is getting increasingly popular but occupational therapy can play in many different roles. What do you want to do with occupational therapy? Flexibility and creativity will always permit opportunities. Figuring what you want and what you are willing to compromise will help determine if OT is for you or not. I know it can be difficult because there is a lack of shadowing opportunities at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ctpea6

Nov 13, 2019
  1. DPT / OTD
It really depends on your area on saturation, I live in the Northeast and work for a company that is always looking for OTs. But that might not be the case in every area. Regarding GPA/ GRE there are schools that don't look at GREs at all and its only a portion of what schools look for. I got into 4 schools and am currently in my first semester and I had an okay GRE score and low GPA. If it is something you want to do I would definitely look into it!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.