Other things to add to my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

I still need to shadow, but I don't really have any volunteer hours or anything off the top of my head. After I take the MCAT in september I plan on getting a lot of other things done with my application.

do you guys have any recommendations on what to do to improve my app that can be done in a short period of time?

Members don't see this ad.

I know in general it looks best to see that you have either showed commitment to one thing for a long period of time (which unfortunately didn't happen) or have gained some type of quality experience (which you definitely still have time for). In my opinion because you are looking at a short period of time to build your app, I would find something you are really passionate about that will show when you talk about it in your interview. Keep track of experiences you have had in that volunteering experience so you will have stories to tell if they ask you. Uhm an example of myself that may help you is I volunteered in different areas of the hospital. It gave me volunteering experience as well as being able to first hand see medical careers (nurses, internists, emergency room registration, etc), and therefore allowed me to compare it to pod and why it is my first choice. Hope that helps a little!