OU application thread

Started by 09hamster
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lol! They told us 3-4 weeks! 😡

I was really tired but I vaguely remember them saying it would probably take the whole 3 weeks for ours. Hopefully they just want us all to be surprised when they accept us tomorrow! :xf:
 
With school back in session this week, I can understand the additional time. Here's to waiting!:xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last years class that interviewed on the 13th-14th received their letters (email) at 1:30 pm on the 27th. Hopefully we will be hearing later today :xf:. I'm definitely beginning to feel anxious.
 
There is no doubt now that they will take the full 3 weeks to decide on 1/14 interviewees. Do not waste your time checking email every 15 minutes like I did yesterday. 😀

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
 
There's a delay in the evaluation process. Jennifer just emailed to say that ADCOM was just able to meet last week, so the decision letters will be "sometime next week" (for the 1/14 interviewees).
 
There's a delay in the evaluation process. Jennifer just emailed to say that ADCOM was just able to meet last week, so the decision letters will be "sometime next week" (for the 1/14 interviewees).

I still don't understand. If the committee met last week I would assume that decisions have been made, and therefore all that would be left to do is notify the candidates. Maybe "processing decisions" requires more time than I would assume. 😕

Anyways, heres to more waiting..... :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still don't understand. If the committee met last week I would assume that decisions have been made, and therefore all that would be left to do is notify the candidates. Maybe "processing decisions" requires more time than I would assume. 😕

Anyways, heres to more waiting..... :scared:

The decisions are made once you've interviewed. There is a lot that goes into accepting a class, beyond what you are seeing.
 
Good luck to all those still waiting to hear! I plan on applying this year. Can someone let me know if there is a specific topic/questions for the personal statement or can we just write whatever we want? I want to start writing a draft of my personal statement. Thanks!
 
Once you sign up with PharmCas, they will give you a personal statement writing prompt. It's probably similar, if not the same, every year.
 
I wonder what the hold up is... Do you think they are sending out decisions for both sets of January interviews and were waiting until they made all of those decisions? Whatever the reason this is really frustrating. 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what the hold up is... Do you think they are sending out decisions for both sets of January interviews and were waiting until they made all of those decisions? Whatever the reason this is really frustrating. 😕

That was my thought as well. I guess that we'll hear tomorrow anyway, and hopefully it will be good news after all of the suspense endured these past few weeks.
 
Let's keep our fingers crossed for today. It'll be 4 weeks already for those of us that interviewed January 14th
 
I'm on the waitlist too...disappointing...I thought I had a very solid interview. I wonder if there's anything I can do now to increase my competitiveness while on the waitlist😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am attending the OKC campus and yes I'm from Oklahoma. My PCAT wasn't that great, so I'm super embarrassed to even share it. GPA of 3.6, but I worked in 3 different pharmacies and have received my Bachelor's.