OU application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just an FYI... eventually y'all will have to change the group name. It can't have things like "OU", "University of Oklahoma", or anything like that in the name without the school's permission because they are trademarked. The class of 2015 had to change the name of ours for that reason. You can use the word "Oklahoma" since it's just a state name, but you couldn't use it in conjunction with "College of Pharmacy". I'm sure y'all can put your good minds together and think of something cute and clever though. :)

Thank you for letting us know. I guess we were all so excited that we didn't think about the trademark issue.:D

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
The group name is "OKHSC Pharm Class of 2016" until we come up with a better name :)

If you are accepted and want to get to know your fellow classmates, please join!

cant seem to find the group, any chance someone could post a link to it?

Hey everyone I am accepted and will most likely be attending!! anyone know rates of housing on and off campus and the likelihood of obtaining a residency?? also is there a facebook page? I could only find one for the class of 2012

Hey everyone I am accepted and will most likely be attending!! anyone know rates of housing on and off campus and the likelihood of obtaining a residency?? also is there a facebook page? I could only find one for the class of 2012

The group name is "OKHSC Pharm Class of 2016". If you still can't find it, PM me your email adress

Greetings future OU-COP graduates! Are any of you (accepted candidates) from out of state?

For those of you who are interviewing on the 14th: Have you received the time and specific location of your interview? I know the invite e-mail stated the specifics would be sent after the 3rd, but I'm just anxious!

For those of you who are interviewing on the 14th: Have you received the time and specific location of your interview? I know the invite e-mail stated the specifics would be sent after the 3rd, but I'm just anxious!

Yes, we did... Good luck on your interview :luck:

I haven't gotten that email yet either. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the e-mail this morning and have the PM schedule. I'm glad I don't have to wake up early and scramble!

I wonder how many people are interviewing on the 14th?

Jan 14 should be the third round of interviews. The first two were 12/10 and 12/16

do you happen to know how many rounds they usually make?

I think there may be a total of 5 rounds of interview. The two in december, two in January, and one in late February. This is based on the email that they sent for us to select the date.

I have a last minute question I hope someone can answer. How close is everyone sitting to each other during the interview?

I have a last minute question I hope someone can answer. How close is everyone sitting to each other during the interview?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say wear deodorant :D

Pretty close, the interviewers were sitting around me. You will be the center of attention :D

Good luck guys! :luck:

Maybe a weird question but here goes: What kind of things did you ask when they ask if you have any questions? I'm only applying to two schools and I feel like I know everything I need to about each of them so the only questions I can think of are asking a student how they like the school or adjusted to grad school or something along those lines. Thanks!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say wear deodorant :D

Pretty close, the interviewers were sitting around me. You will be the center of attention :D

Good luck guys! :luck:

Deodorant: check :laugh: I kept imagining the interviewers sitting at an elevated level such as judges do in court, but that's ridiculous. Thanks for the perspective!

Maybe a weird question but here goes: What kind of things did you ask when they ask if you have any questions? I'm only applying to two schools and I feel like I know everything I need to about each of them so the only questions I can think of are asking a student how they like the school or adjusted to grad school or something along those lines. Thanks!

I already knew most everything about the school too, so I asked the P4 interviewing me those exact questions you mentioned above. My interview was pretty short, but I guess it worked!

Anyone Ready for tomorrow!! AM interview and I live like an hour away from the City. Crossed fingers I dont get lost

Ask questions that are related to your conversation/ interview, about the area of pharmacy your are interested in, the life of students, etc...
My interview was short so i asked questions in the middle of the interview. My interviewers said at the end of the interview to email them if I have any questions.

Good luck to you!

It probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but I still fill like I failed. :(

PM group. D5. you?

I'm a resident there and graduated from there already, I am long passed my interviewing days thank goodness. I was there today, but only in the AM.

I interviewed for pharm school in 2007, and thought I did awful. I got accepted in the first round. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm a resident there and graduated from there already, I am long passed my interviewing days thank goodness. I was there today, but only in the AM.

I interviewed for pharm school in 2007, and thought I did awful. I got accepted in the first round. Don't be so hard on yourself.

:) I kind of figured. It was just the questions that they threw at me wasn't what I expected, so it kinda put me down. It was actually my second interview for the school... so hopefully I did better this time and since I worked in a pharmacy a whole bunch.

I thought the questions were weird. All they asked me about were my faults/mistakes/weaknesses. Even when I brought up my leadership and research experience they didn't mention it and asked me more questions about what I'm not good at. I thought it was uncomfortable. Not at all what I expected after reading everybody's comments about how laid back it was. Maybe I just got a strange set of interviewers.

I thought the questions were weird. All they asked me about were my faults/mistakes/weaknesses. Even when I brought up my leadership and research experience they didn't mention it and asked me more questions about what I'm not good at. I thought it was uncomfortable. Not at all what I expected after reading everybody's comments about how laid back it was. Maybe I just got a strange set of interviewers.
I also got asked questions like "How do you handle Stress?" and we talked about other things and it seemed like they would come back to the same set of ideas. When was a time you really messed something up? Have you ever made a very bad mistake? Tell us about it? I would mention positive things and one interviewer would continually bring it back to questions like this. The faculty member was positive and encouraging and seemed enthusiastic about my application. One of the students seemed not to be. I was Waitlisted and not accepted. I had as good or better statistics than a couple others I know who were accepted. I would say that you need to prepare for hard questions too because you could get asked them if they feel concerned for some reason. Perhaps my answers did not impress them. I will never know.

I got asked questions like that also. Being able to talk about your weaknesses is accepting your own imperfections, it's a quality needed to succeed in life. I think they just want to make sure you can handle pharmacy school stress and being able to seek help when you need it.

I was asked a lot of situational questions about my past managerial experience. All I can say is that it's a laid back interview that needs a lot of preparation and getting to know yourself in more depth.

Good luck to you guys, hope you hear something soon!

Just interviewed yesterday in group C1. I was so nervous that I didn't think of the things I prepared for. I hope they take nerves into consideration. If anyone gets their letters, please let us know. I'm so anxious.

It is common to get asked about weaknesses and areas of improvement during interviews (especially job and residency). I think it shows maturity to be able to self-assess and identify those areas as the above poster mentioned.

Last edited:
I was expecting to get a few questions about assessing my own weaknesses and similar topics, but there were no questions asked about anything positive. I'm doing research in a drug discovery group and have a lot of leadership experience but all the interviewers talked about were my faults. I found it very off-putting which is a shame because the rest of the experience and application process was promising.

I was expecting to get a few questions about assessing my own weaknesses and similar topics, but there were no questions asked about anything positive. I'm doing research in a drug discovery group and have a lot of leadership experience but all the interviewers talked about were my faults. I found it very off-putting which is a shame because the rest of the experience and application process was promising.

I also was asked a lot of questions regarding my weaknesses, and faults. They did not really focus on any of the positives of my application. I was in the C-4 group interviewing on the 14th.

I interviewed in the afternoon on the 14th. I had some awesome interviewers who mainly asked me to elaborate on the strengths of my application. I was not asked to assess any of my weaknesses. I had prepared answers for all the questions asked and received only one question that caught me off guard. Overall, it was a fun conversation which lasted 35min, including the questions I asked. I'm an out-of-state applicant and I know my chances of acceptance are slim, but it went well and there's nothing else I can do but wait.:xf:

Last edited:
My interview was ok also. They kept asking about how i organized myself when it comes to studies and stuffs. They refered quite a bit about my busy schedule ( I am involved in at least 5 activities, work 3 jobs and take classes) but I did not really get what they were trying to say. The interview was not what I was expecting for sure. But I am glad they did not ask me about my weaknesses and strengths because I totally hate that questions. Good luck everybody:)

those who were interviewed in december, how long did it take for you to hear back? was it really 2 weeks?