Ouch!! Am I this poor of an applicant?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UofM527

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK...I'm not even sure what to think right now...today the great University of Miami sent me a large envelope in the mail....sounded good so far...inside this nice envelope was a letter thanking me for my interest in the University of Miami....and materials for UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION...seriously??? Apparently I suck so much that Miami feels I need to go back to undergrad and try it all over again...I have no idea how a medical school even managed to do this to me:(

PS I know how lucky I am to have acceptances already and am not complaining at all...this was just a surprising/funny mix up that I really am not upset about!!

Members don't see this ad.

OK...I'm not even sure what to think right now...today the great University of Miami sent me a large envelope in the mail....sounded good so far...inside this nice envelope was a letter thanking me for my interest in the University of Miami....and materials for UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION...seriously??? Apparently I suck so much that Miami feels I need to go back to undergrad and try it all over again...I have no idea how a medical school even managed to do this to me:(

:laugh: It was probably a mix up. chill. ;) that's funny though.

LOL that is pretty funny. but yea it was probably just a mix up...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it a letter of rejection from the med school with an undergraduate application attached? Or just a random undergrad application with no med school correspondence (only a letter from the undergrad)?

Based on your mdapps, I assume it's the former, which is distressing even if it's amusing in a preposterous way as well. I'm sure it was an error, and if they've already rejected you, I would call them and let them know what happened. Wouldn't want others getting that. Ick. Anyway, I'm assuming my rejection is in the mail too. At least now I'll be expecting that undergrad application....

EDIT: Maybe they really just don't like "the other UofM." If so, I'm definitely getting that application as well!

a mix it it might be....but maybe think you are applying for undergrad because of this mix up. maybe you should call and make sure they know you are applying for med school and not undergrad.

that does suck. probably a mix up, but also, i looked at your mdapps and although it looks good, i remember reading that in order to apply OOS to miami you have to have a minimum of 3.6.

i only remember this because it means that i cant apply there :(

Haha yeah if it was a rejection letter with an undergraduate application attached that would really be a slap in the face....no, like many of you have said, it was probably just a mix up...but quite a strange one none-the-less...i too actually find it more humorous than anything...especially b/c I don't really expect to get in there (as it has been said, my GPA is a bit low)...and I'm pretty set staying in the midwest anyway...that being said, a vacation to interview in Miami when its about 10 degrees here in Michigan wouldn't sound so bad:p

that does suck. probably a mix up, but also, i looked at your mdapps and although it looks good, i remember reading that in order to apply OOS to miami you have to have a minimum of 3.6.

I would check into this again...I think they actually changed their policy this year to give secondaries to all applicants...granted, people like you and me with lower GPAs don't probably stand a great chance...I think you can actually give it a try now...

Chill, you are already into 4 different medical schools, Be happy!!

Mid-application season this year, Miami decided to stop screening, and send secondaries to everyone.

Haha yeah if it was a rejection letter with an undergraduate application attached that would really be a slap in the face....no, like many of you have said, it was probably just a mix up...but quite a strange one none-the-less...i too actually find it more humorous than anything...especially b/c I don't really expect to get in there (as it has been said, my GPA is a bit low)...and I'm pretty set staying in the midwest anyway...that being said, a vacation to interview in Miami when its about 10 degrees here in Michigan wouldn't sound so bad:p

So, it was a letter from Miami's undergrad with an undergrad application? Then why did you put Miami down as a rejection on mdapps? Just asking cause I like to have a heads up when to expect rejection letters do I can brace myself when I open my mailbox. I was really hoping for a Miami interview, but as I'm OOS, I didn't think I had much chance with my unremarkable OOS 30 MCAT (I remember their site saying something about most accepted OOS applicants had "well above" a 30 MCAT).

I always wondered how these mixups happen, especially in an increasingly electronic age. From a CS standpoint, how do you accidentally only transfer 1 applicant to a completely different database? Weird.

One of your buddies is pulling a prank on you. A very well played one

Mid-application season this year, Miami decided to stop screening, and send secondaries to everyone.

yay! i did NOT know that, and am glad to hear it. i need to stop bringing up stats i read in this book from 2006.

i keep almost buying an MSAR but i havent for this exact reason, by the time i apply in 2 yrs stuff will probably have changed. so until further notice i officially do not know what i'm talking about.

OP, good luck, hope you get something better than an UG app soon!! :)