Poor Performance in Final Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triedtowalk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in my final semester at a 4-year university, and am realizing that my senior-year GPA may not be as high as I'd expected it to be. My cGPA is 3.72, my cumulative sGPA is 3.70, and my year-by-year overall GPA through my junior year is 3.74-->3.63-->3.74.
However, I'm enrolled in a humanities course that I will get a C in, and this will bring my senior-year GPA to a 3.61. This will be the first C that I've ever received. How will medical schools view this? I have not yet begun the application process--I plan to take two gap years. Any responses are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You are overthinking this. One C will not break your application.

Reactions: 3 users
You are overthinking this. One C will not break your application.
Thanks for your response! I’m not so concerned about the C itself, but moreso about the direction of my GPA from my junior to senior year. If I can ask another question, do you think the 3.74–>3.61 will raise any eyebrows?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response! I’m not so concerned about the C itself, but moreso about the direction of my GPA from my junior to senior year. If I can ask another question, do you think the 3.74–>3.61 will raise any eyebrows?
No

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently in my final semester at a 4-year university, and am realizing that my senior-year GPA may not be as high as I'd expected it to be. My cGPA is 3.72, my cumulative sGPA is 3.70, and my year-by-year overall GPA through my junior year is 3.74-->3.63-->3.74.
However, I'm enrolled in a humanities course that I will get a C in, and this will bring my senior-year GPA to a 3.61. This will be the first C that I've ever received. How will medical schools view this? I have not yet begun the application process--I plan to take two gap years. Any responses are appreciated!
That is an unfortunate fluctuation, not a downward trend.