ouch!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just talked to a friend who wanted to take the april 2003 MCAT...for the entering class of 2003.

I kindly reminded him that it was impossible, and he said that he hasnt taken the MCAT yet, but he has already receieved secondaries from duke and other places!

He said that he submitted AMCAS in january, and that his premed advisor (a well known nationwide one) told him that the april 2003 MCAT was ok for the entering class of 2003!

! :confused: !

Members don't see this ad.

someone needs to file a complaint at his school. that person needs to be fired.

hehehehe...well, with his AMCAS info, he must have misheard..and this guy would be impossible to fire..believe me...

Members don't see this ad :)
He said that he submitted AMCAS in january
\

How do you submit AMCAS in January? Is that possible? I thought the application came out around March at the earliest and then you couldn't submit til June?

exactly uclaman. This guy may have been smoking something, I dunno...after stressing to him it was impossible to submit in jan, he acted as if I was insane..plus, without taking the MCAT, how could he have submitted AMCAS and recieved secondaires, without marking the "taking august MCAT" box? I dunno..whatever the case, I feel bad for him, cos he's screwed for a while.

haha...either he is BSing...or whatever it is he is smoking it isn't just your regular old sticky icky. :)

I too feel sorry for this guy because he is basically screwed for now but what kinda med student to be doesn't check this stuff out and is silly enough to rely on the pre med committee to tell him when to take the MCAT. It has been my experience that anything you need to know about the process is readily available on line if you just take the time to research it and if you have questions after you have read all that stuff then make some phone calls. We weren't sure if doing EDP would mess up my applying to the MSTP at UC so Mom got on the phone and called up Dr. Myatt and asked him. Yea, it's sad, the admissions office at UC knows her by name because since I work during the day, she is the one they always talk to. I basically just do what she tells me when she tells me because she knows a sh*tload more about this process than I do. (just kidding, I know what I'm doing but if I have any questions I ask her because she has spent days research all this and she has all the dates and stuff committed to memory, hehe. It allows her to more effectively nag!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It's amazing how fast you can complete those secondaries when you have your own personal nagger.